“Greeting shows new start” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nest Cafe Bar Bistro

Nest Cafe Bar Bistro
Walkerville Village Shopping Centre | Walkerville Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5081, Australia
+61 83420287
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #607 of 1,497 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Coffee & Tea, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Greeting shows new start”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The "good morning" as I walked into Nest this weekend sparked my attention - and so did a new menu. Both were among many surprises at Nest.
My curiosity rose so I made further inquiry. The friendly staff revealed there had been a change of ownership in November as well as the addition of former Blanc seafood restaurant chef Norman Thanakamonnun.
But it’s the food that leaves the lingering memory: we triedthe crustacean clay pot and stuffed chicken breast. Each were served promptly and boasted fresh ingredients and eye-turning presentation. As a local resident, it’s nice to see this neighbourhood café find its feet and become a destination for my family of five. My youngest child loves the gourmet pizzas and fresh juices while my older two devoured fish and beer-battered chips. For those who were put off initially, Nest is now worth another visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Yunjuh, Manager at Nest Cafe Bar Bistro, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback !
Look forward to seeing you back here at Nest!

Adelaide, Australia
“Bad in every way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a very long story. I booked 2 weeks advanced at Blanc on O’Connell to have dinner for 20 people on the 30th November. I got a miss call from an unknown number on the 28th and 2 more missed calls on the 29th and finally a text message tell me to contact them about my reservations at Blanc.

Apparently according to Jim (from Nest) advised me that Blanc has closed its doors due to some issues with the lease with the landlord. He also said they are really good friends and that Nest will be taking all of Blanc reservations for the time being and said that Norman (chef from Blanc) will be at Nest and that we were able to pick some of his creations that night. Since I did not have enough time to look for another place, I accepted the offer.

The atmosphere is very nice with the décor but it was situated in the shopping complex. The place did not have onsite toilet but we had to walk through the shopping centre and look for it ourselves.

This particular occasion was for my 24th birthday and I am really upset throughout the whole night. Service was very slow. How slow? It was booked for 6:30pm most of my guest has already arrived by the time it was 7 we tried to order a few times. We first ordered our drinks some did and some didn’t received their drinks because the waiters and waitresses has forgotten. One of my guest actually went up to the counter and demanded her drink because they took so long.

Considering it is full table service, they usually charge for the drinks and food on the Maître’d system then bring them out, I would not be surprised if they charged me a few extra drinks.
When we finally got the waiters attention to order some entrees he said he would place the order and come back to take our mains. He never did. We had to wave and get his attention to order.

Throughout the processing of ordering our mains, he asked if we had any questions. One of my guest did, ‘What it is the crustacean clay pot?’ His reply was just some seafood. Really? You cannot tell me what other seafood is in there? Because when the order came there were a bug tail, some cockles, mussels and scallops. Do not ask people if they have any questions when you cannot answer it.

We finally received our main around 8pm or so and it was horrible.
- Marinara linguine which was really salty
- The Atlantic salmon still had scales on the skin
- Chicken breast was sliced in half and placed very large plate with the salad in another bowl (why?)
- The pizza came out after everyone else finished their meals
- 5 entrée plates of salt and pepper calamari cost me $70 (5 or 7 pieces per plate)
- Norman was not there since Jim said he would be

I spent almost $700 at this place. I am very disappointed at the service and the food. I could go to a really nice café or a pub with better service in the city with my 20 guest and even have change left.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
The team are sorry you feel you have had this experience at Nest.

I can confirm that Norman former chief of Blanc has joined the Nest team and was working that night you had your friends and family.
We would like to extend an invitation for you to come in again and We would love to introduce you to Norman.
We take pride in the food and service our team offers to all guest and wish you the very best and thank you for your feedback.

Management
Adelaide, Australia
1,167 reviews 1,167 reviews
“Pleasant place to sit outdoors and have a coffee- and good value at AUD 3”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This cafe is located in a neighborhood shopping center.

It's a pleasant place to sit outside on a spring day, and enjoy a coffee- and at AUD 3, they're offering good value!

The staff are cheerful,and friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Happy to visit again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had breakfast there one day and it was quite good - would not rave about it... but standard fare and serve sizes. Service was good, manager very amenable and we were able to sit outside with our little dog. Excellent free wifi is a nice bonus - well done on this.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mildura, Australia
“Coffee not great. Better options along Walkerville Terrace”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I visited this cafe for coffee and lunch. I found the menu to be very pricey. Some options sounded nice but more for dinner not lunch. Therefore I ordered a pizza to share plus coffee. We were asked several times if we had ordered. Staff seemed confused and the table next to us got sent the wrong meals. As a person who gets 2 take away coffees a day, I was disappointed in the coffee here which was lukewarm and weak. I finished it before getting my meal which I don't like. I actually think we got the wrong pizza as the description had quite a few toppings but I couldn't see some of these toppings on our pizza. But The pizza tasted quite nice. Although the decor is new and inviting I found the cafe to be very noisy. Don't think I would go again. Better coffee further up Walkerville Terrace. I'll stick to that in future.

• Visited August 2013