“We recommend it!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

112 Carrington Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“We recommend it!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for one month. Great experience, very nice rooms, we tried two bedroom, four bedroom and six bedroom too. Very equipped kitchen, with free coffee and tea, nice toilets and showers, cleaning service every days! Free wifi. Close to the centre, bus and tram stop, supermarket. Thank you very much to Trevor, the owner, for your friendly and for helped us in our first month here in Adelaide. Thanks to two very nice women who make cleaning and to the reception staff too. Donatella and Alessandro

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
jpha88, Manager at Adelaide Backpackers Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hi
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank-you for your review.

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Darwin, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here for a week when I went to Adelaide, my first impression wasn't great to be honest as I arrived at the backpackers tired from travelling and carrying my things, to find that I was locked out of everywhere, and there was no member of staff at the desk inside the reception, I then had to wait on the street for 20 minutes until luckily another member of the hostel turned up and let me in, however, It still took a considerable amount of effort to find anyone, I ended up going upstairs as I was so frustrated and I eventually found a guy who checked me in.
After this I had no problems with the hostel, the cleaners clean the bathrooms everyday and they are friendly, the lounge is really nice, loads of chairs, beanbags, computers, a tv etc. And the Internet was free which was a nice touch, although sites like YouTube were blocked.
Free tea and coffee was nice and the location is ok, about a 15 minute walk to the city, but you will find there isn't a great deal to do in Adelaide so it's normally fine.
Beds were very comfortable and clean too. My only other issue wasn't with the hostel, but it was with my roommates, let's just say, they liked smoking all kinds of things, this made my stay a bit more uncomfortable. I was happy to leave after a week because I felt like I had exhausted Adelaide, but if you are going to go there, then I can recommend this hostel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to reivew our Hostel

I am sorry you found it hard to get in contact with a member of staff on check-in, we have reviewed our practice of giving the appropriate information to guests on checking in.

As with regards to the smoking, we operate a no smoking policy in the hostel and out on our patio, smoking is only allowed out on the public street (which of course we have no control of).

Been to Adelaide Backpackers Inn? Share your experiences!