“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,054 of 1,390 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The former manager of Sammy’s on the Marina, Troy Bilsborow has brought his passion for South Australian produce to North Adelaide.My partner Megan and myself have over 25 years experience in hospitality. Our passion is for fresh South Australian produce as we believe it is second to none. Head Chef Nick Asiotis has worked closely with us to create this seafood catch. Using all local seafood from South Australia, yet being served at cafe prices with restaurant service.
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Good part: great location, outdoor seating, BYOB ($10 a person corkage). Our entrees were good, my husband order 6 oysters and they were fresh and tasty, I had the sashimi tuna which was very good and they came out very fast, for Australian service.
Bad part: my husband ordered the Fish, Scallop, & Prawn Pie, which the waitress failed to tell us takes an extra 25 minutes. It came out on top of the mash and there were three tiny pieces of some thing white and fishy inside. I ordered the Spaghetti Valle Vongaloe (spaghetti and clam sauce) which had spaghetti and the tiniest clams, still in the shell, at least I think there were clams because none of them were open! I had a bowl full of closed clam shells! There were three lonely ones that I was able to open and that was it. The waitress even put it down in front of me and said I could open the shells with my knife. Really? They were not even slit. I sent it back and asked the waitress to have the chef open the clams or take it off the bill. It came off the bill without even an apology. Then the bill came they over charged us $10 corkage. My advice,go some place else.

troy B, Owner at The Ivy On O'connell, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hi Globebiker141
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our restaurant
its great to hear your entrees where served quickly and to the standard you expected
it is very disappointing that your mains here not up to the same standard and i will make sure in future all my staff are aware of the wait time on the pie and each pie is filled with the exact ingredients i intended when i wrote the menu.
very sorry to hear your clams or cockles where not completely open in your meal as we serve fresh cockles our chefs only just wait for them to slightly open so then the meat doesn't shrink when cooking.
and i am very sorry to hear the waitress on the evening didn't offer for you to have your meal replaced or even for you to select a new meal from our menu i will be taking this up with the staff at our up coming staff meeting
it seems your main course were not up to our standards and i would love to get you back in some time so i can serve and cook you the meals personally if you would like to do this i ask you contact me direct at the restaurant so to you can make a suitable time for you to dine with us
kind regards
Troy Bilsborow

Sydney, Australia
“Great Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Ivy on O'Connell provided us with some of the best seafood we have had. The oysters were sensational. Be sure to ask about the specials. I had an excellent bouillabaisse (make sure you are hungry!) and the other recommendations by the friendly and knowledgeable staff were perfect. We wanted to return for a second dinner during our stay in Adelaide but unfortunately ran out of time. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2012