Stayed at Oaks Embassy for one night to attend the netball grand final with my adult daughter. I'd originally booked at another hotel, but changed to booking so we could be close to Parlamento Bistro for an early meeting on Monday morning.
The good news - the room rate is very good - @ 135 for a king bed apartment with full kitchen and laundry facilities. The parking was cheap at $18 per night. Adelaide is often $35 and over per night. We left the car there during our stay and caught the tram and city circuit buses. You may be charged more if you drive out and back in, so check that.
When I called to book the parking space, Rowena gave me very good advice on catching the free tram to Adelaide Entertainment Centre. This saved lots of time, inconvenience and extra parking fee at Hindmarsh. We arrived @ 11 am and the were able to check in early. Great service there. The hotel also loaned us an umbrella. The reception staff were all professional and friendly.
The bad news - The bed is super firm - like other more expensive hotels in Adelaide I should say. I have arthritis, so its really uncomfortable but most hotels are happy to supply a mattress topper with advance notice. We didn't check the bed until really late at night, so didn't bother.
The pool area was being cleaned at 7 am while I was using the pool which was rather uncomfortable as I was swimming alone.
The shower recess is due for a maintenance clean and probably re-grouting. The floor waste cover in the bathroom was stuck up above floor level and I kicked my foot on it. I showered in the pool area, which was cleaner. The response from the front office manager was : "Oaks Hotels & Resorts strive for 100% guest satisfaction. It is disappointing that we failed to provide this through the standard of the apartment. The issues presented are not indicative of the service we strive to provide, and we will take much from this case to further develop our staff and improve the overall guest experience.
..........., whilst we are unable to alter matters of the past, we take these comments seriously and are grateful that you have provided feedback on your experience."
If the location and price suit you then this represents good value for money. I would check the cleanliness of the room at check-in and get any concerns addressed straight away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the central business district on North Terrace and is just a short stroll from Adelaide’s shopping precinct, the casino and convention centre you will find Oaks Embassy. Oaks Embassy is one of Adelaide’s most contemporary apartment buildings offering spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments complete with laundry facilities and executive apartments featuring private spa baths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Oaks Embassy Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Embassy Apartment Adelaide
- Hotel Oaks Embassy Apartment