We booked via a well known Airline's website seven days accommodation at the Oaks Embassy in Adelaide. It's proximity to the city centre and public transport network cannot be faulted at all but unfortunately the cleanliness (or lack of it !!!) at this facility cannot go uncommented. Upon arriving at the Oaks Embassy and arrivng at our room the very first thing we noticed was a rather unclean bathroom complete with mould on the white tiles (never construct a place using white tiles would be my advice !!) and tiles missing from the shower that exposed hidden insulation with some rotting behind these tiles. This would not be tolerated by some guests, but the kitchen and balance of the apartment did look cleaner. We soon discovered that the TV was not also working properly. We let this slide on day one as you could just make out a picture and some channels were better than others. Day two dawned and I switched the TV on for my morning news fix, nothing now working other than static on any channels in the main lounge area. Upon heading out for the day I reported the TV problem and my partner commented on the bathroom state to the front desk which would quote "be taken care of". We returned later that day to find no improvement in the bathroom state and still no TV reception.
This time back to the front desk where after a few minutes we were offered the option to change rooms (by a much friendlier and helpful front desk clerk) who within five minutes visited our room fixed our problem and relocated us without much fuss on the same level with minimal moving involved. Second room was much nicer still a couple of unknown stains on the carpet but a 100 percent improvement on the first room.
Location is great, a mere 5 mintue walk from Rundle Mall and only a couple of minutes from the convention centre, railway station and Sky City casino. Some nice eateries and restaurants within easy walking distance to suit everyones taste and budget. All units have kitchen facilities and there are a couple of supermarkets close by if eating in is your thing.
If we return to Adelaide in the future I think I would look at other options before using the Oaks Embassy again. The Oaks group have at least three other properties in the Adelaide area and the above review does not take into account any of these. In fact two of the properties at the beachside suburb of Glenelg look very nice..!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the central business district on North Terrace and is just a short stroll from Adelaide’s shopping precinct, the casino and convention centre you will find Oaks Embassy. Oaks Embassy is one of Adelaide’s most contemporary apartment buildings offering spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments complete with laundry facilities and executive apartments featuring private spa baths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Oaks Embassy Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Embassy Apartment Adelaide
- Hotel Oaks Embassy Apartment