The Majestic is OK, nothing to fault but at the same time, nothing particularly stunning about it either. The location is good, Adelaide is a very easy city to find your way round and after a 7 hour drive through Victoria and South Australia we got to it very easily without any hassle and without the help of sat nav, (certainly something that you couldn't do in must UK cities!). The room that we had was very spacious and well designed with a balcony area for us remaining smokers. Unlike the room though the hotel itself somehow feels cramped, the reception area feels quite closed in as do the corridors, it almost feels like the building was designed to fit in with the small amount of building land available: I guess that is often the case but it just felt noticeable here. The staff we came across were again 'OK' but not as warm and welcoming as the other places that we had stayed on our journey in Aus. The Roof Garden itself is really nothing to rave about and the Gym is probably the smallest I have ever seen, but I suppose at least they had one. If you are looking for a hotel in Adelaide that has good sized rooms and a good location within walking distance of lots of shops and restaurants then the Majestic would be ideal, but if staying somewhere that feels really special is crucial for you as part of a good holiday experience then perhaps give somewhere else a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Roof Garden Hotel is the award winning four-and-a-half (4.5) star flagship property of Majestic Hotels. Opened in Adelaide in 2004 and awarded the Best Value Hotel in 2009, it has been created with the discerning traveller in mind and despite its upmarket appearance, provides great deals on accommodation. Location is key. This Adelaide hotel is only 50 metres from the ever-vibrant Rundle Street with its huge variety of bars, restaurants and eclectic shopping. Walk 5 minutes to Rundle Mall or 10 minutes to the Art Gallery, Adelaide University and Museum. 20 minutes will find you at the Adelaide Convention Centre, National Wine Museum or Adelaide Zoo. All 120 rooms feature modern bathrooms, king size beds, full mini-bar, 24-hour room service and in-room broadband. Plus all the usual conveniences you would expect from a 4.5 star hotel such as 24-hour reception, security card access, business centre, mini-gymnasium, outstanding in-house restaurant and on-site secure parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Majestic Roof Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Roof Garden Adelaide
- Hotel Majestic Roof Garden