“Quality Hotel and Location” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Frome St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Zealand
“Quality Hotel and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great location.... just around the corner from one of the more characterful areas in Adelaide, Rundle St East. We enjoyed our stay here so much, I'd stay again. We bought a package that included parking at a very reasonable price on one of the last minute websites. And the hotel met all our requests of a balcony room and late checkout.
We arrived mid afternoon Friday and could pull up in front of the hotel to checkin, take our bags up to our room and then self park our car in the Wilson carpark behind the hotel. Excellent!
The reception staff are professional and helpful, as were other staff we happened upon around the hotel.
We went out for the afternoon/evening and enjoyed Adelaides interesting and varied pubs, bars and restaurants. Which is another good reason to stay here, it's location. Ideal. Nice and close to everything.
The hotel is really nice. The rooms are tasteful and very comfortable, with free WiFi, nice big TV, plenty of room for us to spread our luggage out and wonderful big bed with fabulous pillows (very important to me). The bathroom is also very nicely appointed with a lovely bath next to sliding screens so that, if you wish, you can sit in the bath and watch the TV! Luxe!!!
We're notorious layabouts when on holiday, and don't venture forth until late in the morning, so a nice room is very important to us.... and these rooms are all that and more!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony if, like us, you like fresh air.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Bribie Island, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were more than happy with this hotel; easy check in, QUIET twin room (109) (single beds) looked like it had been refurbished. Clean, comfortable beds & pillows, quiet fridge, shower big enough for 2 but only one showerhead. extra pillows, large wardrobe, in room safe. The room had a small balcony which was also glazed, consequently, the room was super quiet. The window in the balcony opened & had a fly screen for anyone who wanted to leave the balcony door open & open the window for fresh air rather than use the air-conditioning. There was 2 benches for suitcases making access to clothes etc easy. We walked to Rundle St Mall & its about a 20 minute walk to the market. A short walk takes you to the free tram. Ask for directions at reception. Plenty cafes & restaurants within walking distance. Free wifi. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: We asked for a QUIET room and got R109. So I guess any of the 089 rooms would be quiet. It looked on...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Lovely hotel. Recently stayed for three nights. Clean, modern and very comfortable room. Good location, close to Adelaide university and Rundle Mall. Room service meal was very tasty and good value. Free WiFi as well. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The majestic is one of my favorite hotels. I first stayed there just after it opened, since then it feels like it's sliding to average. The decor is aged, the sofas are sagging, the whole experience needs a refresh.

It's in a great location on Adelaide. The staff are great but the experience is sadly lackluster.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear sacrifice,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear your comments regarding our decor and the experience, which I can only presume relates to the room overall as you had indicated that the staff were great in your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that the property was below your expectations. Based on other traveller's reviews, we are receiving positive feedback on the soft refurbishment we have undertaken which includes new luxurious pillow top mattresses and linen in all guest rooms as well as rooms having new carpet laid.

If you have the time, I would love to discuss your feedback in detail so that I can investigate your comments further so tht we can ensure we improve on your experience.

Wentworthville, NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed 3 nights at the Majestic in a Deluxe King-size room, on 2nd floor. Pleasant young chap at check-in, gave me info of the area and map of city centre. The hotel is just around the corner from Rundle Mall, close to Botanic Gardens and Zoo. My room overlooked Frome St, opposite a car park, which didn't bother me, except they keep the carpark lights on all night (wonder why) and so I had to keep the drapes closed. The windows must be insulated, as I heard NO traffic noise from the busy street below (didn't need my usual earplugs). My king sized bed was most comfortable, as were the king sized pillows - the best bed, pillows and duvet, I've ever had in a hotel anywhere, so that says something for the hotel & all very clean. I slept soundly. Very nice black 'granite' tiled bathroom, large walk-in shower, plenty of towels/toiletries/hairdryer. Full mini-bar. I didn't partake of breakfast, so can't comment. Only a couple of little negative comments: a bit stingy with the teabags and harsh (Ouch) toilet paper, the t.paper could definitely be improved on & no bedside radio. But aside from that, you can't go wrong with this hotel, I would certainly stay here again next time I visit Adeliade. Oh, and there is a good view from the rooftop garden, of Adelaide & the surrounding hills. Not much of a garden, although there is a nice tank with goldfish in it and would be nice of a summer evening to sit there with a few ales perhaps.

Room Tip: I was in corner room 205, 2nd floor, away from the lifts, very quiet. I asked for a room away from...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Possomchops,

I am delighted to read your comments about our Hotel from your recent stay with us. It is always pleasing to hear when we have exceeded one of our guest's expectations. I did note your comment regarding the toilet paper and the bedside radios and I am pleased to advise that we are currently reviewing our toilet paper supply and have been investigating options for our guests to be able to play music through our televisions in room.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Albury, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Friendly reception, and nice rooms - although I did upgrade.
Ate at Culshaws for my birthday dinner which was a disappointment as we asked reception about the length of time is takes to do the seafood pie and were told all meals are able to be done quickly, so didn't pre-order. After sitting for 20 mins before our order was taken we were then told it takes 45 mins to do the pie (!!!) so chose the steaks, but didn't get them for 30 mins along with the incorrect veges. Not a place I'd go to for a birthday dinner again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mildura, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We booked this hotel as it was the closest to the RAH where we had to visit a sick relative. Location is perfect for this as we could just walk to the hospital anytime we wished and didn't have to worry about finding a car park. The service was also excellent and the room was very clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen B,

First of all, our best wishes for your ill relative that was in the RAH. I am glad our Hotel was able to provide a comfortable place for you to stay during this time and that it was in a convenient location that allowed easy access to the RAH.

We hope to see you again in the future, however not under these circumtances.All the best.

Michael Collis

Been to Majestic Roof Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!