I stayed at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel for one night in October 2008. I was travelling alone, for business. I know Adelaide quite well and have stayed at a few hotels around town.
The Majestic Roof Garden is a lovely modern hotel. But a little sterile. I was a bit disappointed with my room, no balcony as everyone else has described. The bathroom was very new and clean - however, I did expect better then generic bath products for the price. The bed was very hard and I found it difficult to sleep on - and I like a firm mattress. The aircon was efficient but noisy.
My advice around breakfast would be that if it is included in your room price, great. If not, $24 was a bit steep for what you got.
The location is great for restaurants, bars and shops. It cost about $20 for a cab from the airport at peak hour, which is excellent compared to my home town.
And I was looking forward to a quiet relaxing drink on the much promoted roof garden, but it was closed for a private function!
This is a good 4 star hotel. If you can get a good deal, worthwhile staying here. Have to say I preferred the slightly worn Stamford Plaza to this one - better breakfast, warmer rooms and great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Roof Garden Hotel is the award winning four-and-a-half (4.5) star flagship property of Majestic Hotels. Opened in Adelaide in 2004 and awarded the Best Value Hotel in 2009, it has been created with the discerning traveller in mind and despite its upmarket appearance, provides great deals on accommodation. Location is key. This Adelaide hotel is only 50 metres from the ever-vibrant Rundle Street with its huge variety of bars, restaurants and eclectic shopping. Walk 5 minutes to Rundle Mall or 10 minutes to the Art Gallery, Adelaide University and Museum. 20 minutes will find you at the Adelaide Convention Centre, National Wine Museum or Adelaide Zoo. All 120 rooms feature modern bathrooms, king size beds, full mini-bar, 24-hour room service and in-room broadband. Plus all the usual conveniences you would expect from a 4.5 star hotel such as 24-hour reception, security card access, business centre, mini-gymnasium, outstanding in-house restaurant and on-site secure parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Majestic Roof Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Roof Garden Adelaide
- Hotel Majestic Roof Garden