“Great room, great location” 4 of 5 stars

You added Majestic Roof Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Frome St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
“Great room, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Check in friendly, welcoming & efficient, room well designed, clean, with loads of hanging & drawer space. Large bathroom. Location couldn't be better, at heart of the city, especially during the Fringe. Good choice of breakfast. Check out easy, no issues sorting taxi for airport. Niggles - great roof top area to sit out, but if you want a drink, you have to take the lift 7 floors to bar, and bring drinks back; when checked in, given vouchers for breakfast; call me picky, but don't expect to have this at a 4 star hotel; electric blinds in room didn't work v well. Dining area like something out of budget hotel. Overall, the pluses outweigh the minuses several times over. Would stay again, and recommend it. Just think hotel needs to decide it it is really a 4 star place!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Simon G,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel. I will certainly take note of the feedback you have raised in an effort to improve these areas for your next visit with us. I am happy to read however that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our location.

We are currently undergoing a refurbishment in our restaurant area which includes an update to the décor and furnishings to enhance the guest experience whilst dining. In addition to these enhancements, we have planned work to be undertaken in our Roof Garden area. I am confident that should you return, you will notice an improvement here.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Michael Collis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Arrived Sunday night at about 11:15pm. Check in was polite and quick. Room looks modern with a very nice bathroom. Check out next morning was pleasant and fast. This hotel is great value and one to return to. I couldn't get the block out curtains to fully join which was a pain but I was up so early it didn't affect me before the sun hit the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shintri,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable experience staying with us and I apologise for any convenience the curtains not fully joining caused you during your time with us.

I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

arley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Only an overnight stay but lovely clean room and great bathroom. Really great location and helpful reception staff pointed us to good Italian restaurant really close by. Didn't eat at the hotel. Nice roof terrace. Certainly a good value city hotel in great location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jennyArley,

Thank you for your comments on recent stay with us. I certainly appreciate your time and I am happy to see that overall, your stay was pleasant.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here January 2013. The location was perfect and v close for my sisters wedding at ayers house. Breakfast was absolutely delicious everything tasted amazing cold and hot buffet pastries and yoghurt. I lost a ring which we later found but the staff were so helpful and understanding even though it caused us to check outlate. I would definitely recommend a stay here for business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Melissa O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that our location was convenient for your sister’s wedding and I trust that the wedding went well. I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed breakfast and that are staff were so helpful. We have recently invested heavily in these two areas and I am happy to see they have had a positive impact on your stay.

I hope to welcome you back soon and thank you for your recommendation.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Recently stayed 4 nights with my daughter and would definitely stay again.Front of house very polite and helpful.Rooms very clean and tidy.Lovely big bathroom.Hotel very close to plenty of places to eat and a short stroll to the main shopping area.We didn't eat at hotel so can't comment on food.
My only complaint would be the single beds.I usually travel with my husband so have queen or king beds but seriously what adult sleeps in a single bed?Surely hotels could provide double bed for twin rooms?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jackie C,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. It is great to see that you found our location, staff and facilities to be to your liking and I hope that next time you stay with us, you are able to try some of our delicious menu options. We have recently spent considerable time in reviewing our food options and I am confident you will find them to be a great alternative option to the restaurants on Rundle Street.

And thank you for the feedback on our beds. In a small number of our rooms, we have multi-use beds which can be used as either a single king bed or two king singles and I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of replacing our beds with new mattresses which will give a luxurious night’s sleep.

adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

stayed there last night. nice front desk help, room was in the back on 2nd floor and very quiet. bathroom was nice and had all amenities. and extra towels. ther were hundreds of places to eat and drink within walking distance of hotel. taxi cabs seemed to always be available out front at all hours.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear durk s,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. It is fantastic to see that you found our staff to be helpful and our rooms to be to your expectations. I hope that next time you stay you will sample some of our Australian inspired food in Culshaw’s Restaurant as an alternative to the Rundle Street Restaurants as I am positive you would thoroughly enjoy the offerings.

I hope to see you again soon.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed four nights at the Majestic Rooftop Garden and was so impressed with the excellent service, courtesy and helpfulness of the staff in reception and the decor and comfort of the hotel room that I felt I had to share it with other travellers. The hotel has an excellent location, close to shops and restaurants and down the road from our car hire so it was easy to walk to after dropping off the car. The room was spacious and very comfortable with a balcony and an opening window. The bathroom was beautiful. Best of all was the rooftop garden- perfect for a gin and tonic at the end of the day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Renate G,

Thank you for your positive comments on our Hotel. I am delighted that we were able to provide you with such a positive experience during your stay and I hope that we are able tow elcome you abck again soon.

Michael Collis

Been to Majestic Roof Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!