“Pretty good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Adelaide
Warragul, Victoria, Australia
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a pleasant 3 nights at this hotel with buffet breakfast included and can highly recommend it. Location is good, lots of fine eateries around and only a block from North Terrace with Rundle Mall just around the corner. Staff very friendly, breakfast fairly standard, filter coffee a bit past it, but then again, it usually is. The rooms have high speed internet but having left our laptop behind we were stuck with the free computers in the lobby which seemed a bit temperamental. Bathroom and room in general very nice, a spa bath would have topped it off nicely! Happily go again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear John W,

Many thanks for your review of our Hotel and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are lucky to have such a convenient location to Adelaide’s vibrant East End and I’m sure you were able to take advantage to this during your 3 nights with us.

And thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast and particular the coffee. We have recently been reviewing this area and I will certainly take your feedback on board to improve this area of our guest experience.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Michael Collis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just off Rundle st close to restaurant and bars but nice and quiet. Modern decor comfortable bed excellent climate contol in each room. This is our second stay and again the staff were welcoming and helpful. Just to note not all the rooms are of equal size for the same price, fittings and fixtures are the same just not so roomy and bathrooms more compact.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear JW65,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us however I do note your comments regarding the size of rooms and I can confirm that room size and layout does vary depending on the room’s position within the hotel. Our staff would be more than happy to allocate a larger room upon request.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed for one night at the Majestic Rooftop Garden. It was the perfect hotel for a weekend getaway in Adelaide. The most impressive thing about the hotel is its location which is at the east end of Adelaide city. I consider this part of Adelaide the happening hot spot with a lot of class and lots to offer. You can easily find restaurants, boutique shops and funky bar and cafes in this area.

The hotel room itself was modern with a good size bathroom. Bed was comfortable and we have no complaints about our stay. The staff were friendly however they did forget to call us a taxi for our early departure to the airport (although we did request for it, and they wrote it down). That was quickly rectified by the staff and we got our taxi shortly without any issue.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Adelaide.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Khimming,

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable weekend getaway with us and thank you for providing your feedback. I do apologise for any inconvenience the delay in your taxi booking caused and I trust the staff handled this situation to ensure you were underway immediately.

Our Hotel’s location and facilities are certainly a positive and it is great to hear you used our perfect location as a base to explore Adelaide’s vibrant East End.

I hope to welcome you back next time you are here in Adelaide.

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Professional and very helpful staff when checking in, excellent and beautiful room and bathroom, very comfortable bed, clean, quiet, right in the center of town, a lot of restaurants nearby, free wifi, no problem parking your car (there is a garage around the corner, AUD 17 per 24 hours). This was the best hotel we stayed in during our 4 weeks in Australia.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul & Sanderella,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our Hotel. I am humbled to read that our Hotel was the best you had stayed in during your visit to Australia and I hope that you will be back to visit us again soon.

Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Close to everything in Adelaide so as far as location goes it was excellent. The service from the staff was very good, not that we needed them all that much.
The room was an Executive suite very clean and well appointed with a deep bath. The balcony was a waste as it was fully enclosed with an opening window and no chairs. The only complaint I have is with the air conditioning, it is noisy and turns on and off frequently and the cutting in and out us Noisy.
Overall I'd stay there again, it's close, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Darren W,

I am delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff, location and facilities to be your liking. I do apologise for any inconvenience the air conditioning noise caused you during your stay. I am positive this was an isolated event and should you choose to return to Adelaide, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can personally ensure your stay is comfortable.

Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Have stayed here numerous times when I go to Adelaide! Rooms are very clean & beds so comfy! Staff very helpful & accommodating. Ideal location near restaurants and rundell st. Love staying here & looking forward to returning,

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear patricia_l_donnelly,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. It is fantastic to read that you have enjoyed your experience with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here in early December. We found the accommodations to be excellent. The rooms were very clean, we had excellent service from the front desk. Proximity to the attractions in Adelaide was also very good. In addition, we left our luggage here during a trip to Kangaroo Island and the staff went above and beyond to keep it safe. We found it in our room upon our return, and a lovely bottle of wine was included. Seamless service. Food in the restaurant at breakfast could have been better (but this is under separate management I believe, so not a reflection on the hotel itself.)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Fish_Swim_Play,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our Hotel. I am pleased to see that overall our staff, location and facilities exceeded your expectations and I hope that your stay and visit to South Australia was memorable. Our restaurant is managed by our Hotel and apologise if this area was below standard. I am pleased to advise that we have currently undertaken a review of our breakfast buffet and I am confident that should you choose to return, you will see an improvement in this area.

Michael Collis

Been to Majestic Roof Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!