“Worlds Most Uncomfortable Bed in Room 110” 3 of 5 stars

Majestic Roof Garden Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Frome St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Melbourne, Australia
“Worlds Most Uncomfortable Bed in Room 110”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here on our last night in Adelaide and had the worst sleep ever. The bed was so uncomfortable it had big indentation in the middle and felt like it was sinking on each side.

Good location but could be a bit noisy on a Friday or Saturday night. The staff were friendly and the room clean and roomy, the shower was huge but leaked all over the floor and the hot and cold were around the wrong way, could hear neighbours next door slightly so walls werent overly sound proof.

Better value can be found elsewhere

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Blackkez,

I am disappointed to read that your experience with us was below your expectations and in particular, the poor night’s rest you received. I will certainly be looking into the issues you unfortunately encountered to ensure we can improve this aspect of the guest experience.

I would certainly welcome any further feedback if you have the time to contact me to discuss the matters in more detail. I hope you will provide us with an opportunity to improve your experience on your next visit to Adelaide.

Michael Collis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Many thanks to the team , really well priced with fantastic service. Rooms were clean and comfortable .Bathroom was spacious with good fittings and tioletries..IWe really enjoyed the breakfast as well.Will stay again if back in Adelaide.

Room Tip: Executive room was great !
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul q,

I am pleased to read your positive review of our recent stay with us. I am particularly delighted to read that you found the facilities to be to your liking and that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Adelaide.

sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Had a brief overnight stay with a late checkin and an early departure and reception was well staffed, friendly and efficient and sped me on my way. Room was excellent with a firm king size, high thread count sheets, etc. plenty of space in room. Spacious bathroom with generous long and deep tub and a big glass shower cubicle you could hold a small party in. Great timbers and fabrics and an all-round quality feel to the stay. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear bigyahu,

Thank you for your positive review of our Hotel. I am happy to see that our staff made a positive impression on you during your brief visit. It is also pleasing to see that you found our rooms to be high quality and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in a few hotels in my life but have never been treated this well (in Australia).. The staff are always so happy to help you out!! You can tell customer service is their priority. Stayed in king executive.. Would suggest pay a little more for a little more space is really worth it! Breakfast was included in a package bought from last minute dot com. Breakfast was great.. Great selection!!! If you are trying to decide on this hotel or another choose this!!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear geeky_ninja,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to read your positive comments on our staff and will certainly share this feedback with them. We do invest in our team’s service training and it is great to see that this had a positive impact on your stay with us.

I hope to see you again soon.

Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed recently on a business trip. The room itself was very nice, quite modern and stylish, with electric blanket on the bed and all what is to be expected of a hotel room (tea/coffee, personal toiletries, iron and ironing board). The bed was comfortable and room service was quick and delicious.

The only thing I really disliked was the shower. Water sprayed everywhere and the pressure wasn't great. Other than that, it was a lovely place to stay and will be back on my next trip to Adelaide.

Room Tip: Go for a room on a higher floor (above street light level).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Michael C, Manager at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear vanjola,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found our facilities to be modern and stylish and it is pleasing to see that you will be back next time you are in Adelaide. I have passed your feedback regarding the shower onto our Maintenance team to ensure this is reviewed immediately.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed a night in an executive delux room. Kudos to the hotel for allowing me to check-in early due to an early flight in. Hotel location is very good and near to Rundle Mall. Room is okay but nothing much to shout about. Beds were comfortable and come with heating (very welcomed during the cold season). Furniture and carpets look a bit outdated and need sprucing up. Rooms have free Wifi which was great. Things to improve on: Taps of the sink in the toilet are placed too far for in for a small child to reach. Sink was too shallow. Couldn't fill the water kettle as a result. Toilet floor surface too cold to touch during the cold season. Drinking water chargeable. Booked my room way in advance and made a few special requests, one of which (a wedding anniversary surprise for my spouse) was forgotten. That was a major negative point for me. Overall, good stuff but expected better for a former award winner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ynwa17,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay with us. I am glad to read that our staff were able to accommodate an early check in for you and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary internet. We are spoilt with our location being in the heart of the East End of Adelaide.

I do thank you for the feedback you have provided on our rooms and I will certainly take this on board to ensure we can improve our experience for our guests. I am sorry to read that your overall experience did not meet your expectations and I do apologise for your special requests not being met as this is certainly disappointing to see.

I hope that you will allow us an opportunity to welcome you back again next time you’re in Adelaide.

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very close to Rundell Mall, clean and tidy rooms, good shower pressure, staff were friendly. Breakfast was nice. Would stay again,nice garden area on the roof. Reception ladies nice and friendly. We got a good nights sleep

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cameron K,

Thank you for your positive comments on your stay with us. I am delighted to read that overall you had an enjoyable experience with us and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Michael Collis

Been to Majestic Roof Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!