Little things add up to diminish your positive experience of this hotel. You need your room key to operate the lifts and this is an exercise in skill and patience and is near impossible unless you have both hands free. There is one lift that services the car park but it is the same one that the cleaners use, so you see the lift going past your floor while you are standing there waiting. So much so, that a few times I just walked down the car park ramps and around the side of the building as I got sick of waiting. The layout of the rooms is great and I loved the self contained features but all of the knives were blunt which made prep work for cooking a drag. My quilt on my bed didn't have a proper cover so they were using a clean sheet. Don't get me started on the gym. A primary reason I chose this hotel was for the self-contained component and the 'gym'. The exercise bikes were so old and crap you could have picked them up in a garage sale. The treadmills were awful and again, really old and one of the elliptical machines just didn't work. It was like they sourced the cheapest, most dodgy equipment around and put it in a room to say 'yep, we have a gym'. I went there once and luckily the weather was nice enough I could go for runs by the river for the rest of the time. The location is great, right in the CBD and the view of the river was really lovely. There is no restaurant downstairs, just an aroma cafe but being in the CBD this isn't a biggie. Other than these small things, the hotel is great and I used the washer/dryer without any fuss. Room service are great. Small things just take the shine of what should be but isn't a 5 star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or pleasure, a trip to Adelaide is enhanced when you stay at Oaks Horizons. The hotel features spacious, modern apartments, and is conveniently located on North Terrace, opposite the Convention Centre and Skycity Casino. 1 and 2 bedroom apartments offer Adelaide accommodation which includes full kitchen and laundry facilities, and guests have access to a host of leisure amenities, as well as broadband Internet access and room service. Other facilities include an indoor heated lap pool, sauna, plunge pool, gym, steam room and a licensed cafe. Business and secretarial services are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Oaks Horizons Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks Horizons Apartment Adelaide
- Hotel Oaks Horizons Apartment