“I wish it was an Ibis” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Grosvenor Hotel

You added Mercure Grosvenor Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Grosvenor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Ranked #40 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The room was fairly basic but adequate. It was on the inside of the hotel (not facing Nth terrace) so it was very quiet. It was also great value for money.I would recommend this if you get a good rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Letterkenny, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in this "hotel" if you could call if that. There was no lift to our floor and then it was a ten minute walk wandering through dirty smelly corridors to find our cell. The room be were put into was disgraceful, small, dirty, dated and generally disgusting. It was so small, I was unable to get out of bed if the bathroom door was open and as for the bathroom, I've seen bigger in planes. I am completly astonished that this hotel was given 4-stars. It's an insult to all the other hotels that put in so much effort. My advice to people would be to stay any where but here. I'd sleep in my car before I would stay here again. We got up at 5 am and left as soon as it was bright. The scary thing is,this hotel is rated 40 out of 72, it doesn't say a lot for Adelaide that there are 32 hotels worse than this one

• Stayed September 2012

Price
Parking
Outdated

Price: 110 AUD

Outdated hotel, but does the trick for one night. Plus, the location is excellent. Our room was on the top floor, with small window height. Not a lot of light coming in there. Fine we just were out all the time. The hotel has a parking. Service was minimal. Internet was inlcuded in our fare, but it normally is not (the clerk was confused).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed for one night. The room was newly decorated and clean. The bed was comfortable although the pillows were limp. There were a few things that could do with improvement... the toilet lid would not stay up so you needed to be a bit creative with reversing! There were very few toiletries, just the bare minimum. There is no place in the shower to put a shampoo if you take it with you. I overheard some elderly people also comment on this at breakfast! The buffet breakfast was quite good and had a lot of choice. Our window faced east overlooking some roofs and air conditioning units. You could still hear the noise from outside, double glazing would be a good option. We couldn't use the room safe as there was no key in the lock as the sign said. There was also no chain lock on the door as there is in many other hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shepparton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My first impressions of this hotel were not great. The staff member who initially checked me in was abrupt when discussing the credit card deposit and when I first entered my room, I thought "damn this is tiny". Please note though, I arrived with a migraine, after a terrible flight from Melbourne and realised everything I thought was negative was probably about how I was feeling and not the hotel!
After a shower (nice temperature and pressure) with their shower gel (not bad for a hotel!) I ordered some room service (pork filet mignon) and it was lovely, the staff who took my order were great to deal with, fast but attentive. When my dinner was delivered, I was asked if I would mind a call in 30 mins to see how my meal was. No one has ever asked that before, 5 star or 3!Then after i'd settled in I looked around my room. Yes, it is small. But my room (443) was seriously the cleanest hotel room I've ever stayed in. No dust on any surface, no mould or mildew in the bathroom, no weird stains anywhere. Smelled fresh and clean without that chemical clean smell.
Bed was comfy and I woke up in the morning feeling fantastic.
Staff at breakfast again, just lovely. Staff in the bar smiling and helpful . Breakfast was ok. I didn't eat much but what I had was fine. Then finally the man who checked me out and ordered me a taxi was again, just lovely. Nothing was too much trouble - of course I could have a taxi. No don't wait outside, they will come in. Yes of course you can leave your bags here while you go shopping. No there is no charge to leave your bags behind (unlike many other hotels of the same rating)
I did not use parking so have no comment about cost or convenience.
Room temperature was perfect. I did not find the air con noisy. TV was fine - but it's time for digital people! I was not disturbed by noise or other guests.
If you don't like your credit card being charged, ask to leave a cash deposit. This was $50 and returned on checkout - a practice i've never understood since they haven't checked my room yet. But much more convenient for me than waiting days for my card fees to be released.
I would stay in this hotel again if for no other reason than the staff were perfect and the location is great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Mercure Grosvenor Hotel? Share your experiences!