“A pleasant place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Princes Lodge Motel

Save Saved
You added Princes Lodge Motel to your Saves list
Princes Lodge Motel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   73 Lefevre Terrace | North Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia 5006, Australia   |
Announcement
Book Direct - no fees
Ranked #14 of 54 hotels in Adelaide
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“A pleasant place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My friend and I were going to stay two days but stayed a week. The motel was inexpensive and well placed for travel around Adelaide and the surrounding countryside. The owners were helpful and friendly. The decor was a bit dated but I could live with it. The free bus stopped outside and the tours we went on picked us up at the door. Breakfast was just right for us and included in the price. A great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Friday the 4th of October was never going to be a great day for myself or my Husband. We had to drive from Melbourne to Adelaide for a family Funeral on the Saturday. We were faced with finding some where to stay, during school holidays, that wasn't going to cost us the earth, but was close to where the funeral was being held as we didn't know the area at all.
Along came David and Andrew to the Rescue. Yes, of course we have a room for you. Standard Double? No problem, Just one night? Absolutely.
With just one phone call all our issues were solved.
We arrived around 8pm on the Friday night, to find our room information taped to the door as Andrew had told us it would be. All information regarding our Room, Continental breakfast and any other needs we may have had was right there in print in front of our eyes. Very handy when your old and forgetful like myself.
Our Room was perfection. It was in the Coach house behind the main house. It wasn't huge but it was exactly what we needed. It was clean and comfortable, a television on the wall, A heater that worked, a bar fridge with milk in it, tea and coffee making facilities right at my finger tips and the Bed was magnificent.
A small ensuite finished it all off for us, making it possible for those many up in the night visits that seem to plague us as we get older.
The next morning we were up early as we had to get ready for the Funeral, only to find that My husband had forgotten to pack a tie. PANIC STATIONS!.. Off I ran to the Main house and straight to Andrew, asking if he knew of somewhere close I could go to buy a Tie for my husband, explaining the funeral and how quickly It had to happen.. BINGO.. Andrew and David to the Rescue.. David said No problem, I can loan you a tie, just drop it off after the funeral.
Now I ask you, Where else can you stay that the owners are so helpful they will actually loan you a piece of their own wardrobe if needed in an emergency? NO WHERE , thats where.
I can't find enough words to express just how amazing these two hard working gentlemen are. The time they put into the upkeep of the Motel, the comfort of their patrons and the basic contentment of all and sundry is priceless.
My husband and I will most definitely be coming back. We have already decided that we want to stay again, and will ask specifically for Room 2, at the top of the stairs. ( They know why ).
I can see many an adventure to Adelaide about to happen in our lives and Its all because Andrew and David know how to make people feel like family.
You guys are the Bomb. We loved Princes Lodge and we love you guys for all the help you gave us.
Thank you again for being you.

Rose and Brad Lemon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Large room and bathroom. Very clean and comfortable. Good location. Free bus in front of motel. Restaurants with various cuisine within walking distance. Complimentary continental breakfast daily with help yourself buffet. Friendly and helpful staff. Lovely old hotel with all the necesssary mod cons. Books and magazines to read in comfy chairs. Parking at rear.
Stayed a week attending a Cake Decorating Seminar at the Adelaide Convention Centre.

Room Tip: All rooms are large in this old style two storey hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Andrew_and_David, Owner at Princes Lodge Motel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your review and for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. Our Deluxe rooms do generally offer more space and amenity than the budget rooms and I am sure other travellers appreciate you pointing out that you found plenty of variety for dining within easy walking distance.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

and friendly helpful Owners.
We thought this was a nice OLD place to stay.
It is a wee bit like faulty towers but we liked that about it.

Nice big sitting areas with plenty of light reading matter and a large breakfast room.
Noisy doors and paper thin walls upstairs............we wondered if perhaps it would
have been better downstairs.

Amenities.......fridge, tea making facilities, coffee plunger which was a bonus......., cutlery,desk, wardrobe and TV.

Convenient level walk to North Adelaide shops, and only about 100 m to Connector Bus Stop which takes you to the city.
(It seems this bus is free on weekends)

We walked to the city and it was only about a 20minute easy STROLL with plenty of interesting things to see on the way.

Many wonderful restaurants within a very easy level walk.
Parking at the rear of the building.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time here and would like to return.

Room Tip: Check which rooms are best for you before booking. Choice of upstairs or down.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew_and_David, Owner at Princes Lodge Motel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sure other travellers will find it helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Adelaide.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights on arrival in Australia. We booked a budget double room with separate bathroom. Next time we'd probably opt for the ensuite version because the additional cost is not great. The building and rooms are attractive, in a well-lived in kind of way. Breakfast is included, which was very welcome.

The location is good, in a quiet residential area overlooking open parkland. Melbourne Street and O'Connell Street are not far away so there's no excuse to go hungry or thirsty. Adelaide city and The Oval are within walking distance.

The staff were very helpful and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew_and_David, Manager at Princes Lodge Motel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for yor review and for suggesting travellers check all types of rooms we have available. The budget rooms with a separate bathroom are for those seeking to save some dollars while for a little more a room with ensuite is often available.
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Princes Lodge in North Adelaide.It was a great experience.My room,although economy,was spacious,clean and had everything I required for my 18 night stay.The motel is situated in a quiet part of town but only a few minutes walk to the main street with it's marvellous array of shops and suchlike.The proprietors and staff were friendly and helpful and I shall make it a point of staying there again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night on the 14th March this year, travelling by myself. I arrived after hours (which wasn't a problem), so they left instructions in a designated place, telling me the code to get in either the front or side door and my room number. I parked my car around the back ( parking included in the price), and proceeded to go to my room, which was upstairs. Room very budget, but bed was quite comfy (for 1 anyway) and the old air con on the wall worked well. TV was a flatscreen which worked fine. I had a room with an external shower/toilet that was for my use only, as I had a key for it, but the worst thing was that it wasn't right next door to the bedroom, it was down the passage about 10-15 metres away. This didn't bother me at all for the shower, but if you get up during the night to use the toilet, it was a bit of a pain. There are rooms available with an ensuite shower. The Motel has that old feel about it but I felt very safe there. Breakfast was down in the dining room, which consisted of a few cereals, tinned fruit, a couple choices of juice, tea, coffee and toast with vegemite, jams or marmalade. Was good actually. I paid $85, so was good value. Not the place I would go for an extended holiday, but for a one nighter trying to do it on the cheap, it was quite good. Only met one of the hosts, which was on checkout, and he was very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review and pictures. As you state we offer rooms that are good for those on a budget in a location convenient to most Adelaide has to offer. For a little bit more than you paid we offer rooms with ensuite bathrooms finished to a higher standard and a larger bed if the separate bathroom is not suitable.

Been to Princes Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!