“We returned and enjoyed our stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stamford Plaza Adelaide

You added Stamford Plaza Adelaide to your Saves list
Stamford Plaza Adelaide
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Our $1 breakfast is back!
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Cairns
“We returned and enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Stamford Plaza has become a favourite place to stay for my partner and I to stay whilst we visit Adelaide. On our return we were glad to be greeted with the same friendly, professional and fast service, especially of the Valet parking attendants, porters and the staff on the front desk. This is always relieving as we are usually tired from a days travelling. The hotel has a classic charm to it, and the rooms have been consistently comfortable, well presented and clean.
My most favourite point I'd like to make is that the hotel is only a very short walk to Rundle Mall, so it's not to far to carry the shopping bags!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
hamilton island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Our first easter holidays together for a very long time and we decided to go to Adelaide as friends had recommended us as well as suggesting we stay at the Stamford Plaza Adelaide.
Our friends said it was close to everything, and they were'nt wrong either. The location is perfect with it being opposite the casino and a stroll to Rundle mall.
Both of us stay in many hotels and we are quite demanding in what we expect for what we pay. Our expectations were high, especially after our doors were opened from the taxi from the porters who had such a welcoming greeting that we instantly knew our stay was going to be a good one.
The check-in was fast and we had a nice clean room overlooking towards the cricket ground. We decided to stay in fro dinner after a long day travelling so we booked in at TG restaurant with the seafood buffet - WOW! it was absolutely delicious and the price was well worth it.
After dinner we went up to the Swish bar for a drink, and it was more like a niteclub which was great as we wanted to go out and have a dance. The place was packed, it created a unbelievable atmosphere and we met so many other guests that we left and went to bed about 4am!
I suggest anyone that stays in adelaide to try out the Swish bar after dark - it suits all age groups and has a a great atmosphere unlike most of the clubs out there.
Breakfast at TG restaurant was fantastic - heaps of variety and chefs cooking any sort of eggs we wanted, try the eggs benedict.
What set this hotel seperate from the others we normally stay at is the consistency in the staff. They all had smiles and were sincere in all their dealings with us. Staying there made us feel comfortable and safe.
We went to the Barossa for a few days and came back to the Stamford Plaza for 2 more nights before flying home - great locations and great product!
Thank you all at the Stamford Plaza, we will be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

Arrived 1 hour early and were checked in and given our room key.
Concierge whom took our car key to park car was very friendly and welcoming.
Receptionist whom check us in was not overly friendly or welcoming.
Paid $600 for a 2 night stay (just for accomodation). Requested a smoking room but even I as a smoker could not handle the smell in the hallways of the floor so had to instantly visit the convinience store to get air freshners for the room.
The room itself was very pleasant, fairly outdated though and definately in need of some renovating.
The fitness room was well maintained and had enough equipment to make any gym user happy.
The swiming pool, which states is heated definately needs the heating turned up. We went to use it at 3pm in the afternoon on a very warm day and couldnt get in it due to the water temperature, it was freezing. Other guests came to use it and couldnt get in it either due to the temperature of the water, e.g it was not heated.
On our last day when checking out (after paying $75) for a later (3pm) check out we came back after lunch at 1pm and our keys would not access our room. Luckily the housekeeper was outside our room so let us back in so that we could retrieve our belongings. When checking out (at 1pm) we advised the receptionist that we couldnt use the room keys and she shrugged her shoulders and said "at 12 oclock alll room keys get reset" so in turn I asked why offer late check outs then .. she did not give me a response to that.
Unfortunately for the price we paid and the room we got I could not recommend this hotel to anyone I know and was very disappointed with the overall experience.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
GrahamSPA, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, March 25, 2010
Thank for your comments, which are important to us and will assist to improve our services and facilities. I am pleased to advise that we will be progressing with a refurbishment program of our guest rooms in the near future, commencing with the installation of LCD televisions.

Please also accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay when you room key became inoperable, after confirming your late checkout. We will revisit our procedures with the team on Reception to ensure that we do not inconvenience our guests.

I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you again to the Hotel.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

This hotel is in a great location, is clean, and the staff are polite and helpful. The downsides are that it's need of a facelift - or several for that matter, the roof-top pool is small and gets crammed, and if you stay on a lower floor beware...you might be able to hear the nightclub under you. We eventually moved to a higher floor because of this. But the junior suites are big, and the spa is a nice touch with complimentary Aveda products.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
GrahamSPA, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, March 19, 2010
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay. It was pleasing to read that overall you were impressed with your stay and that you enjoyed the location and friendly service from the staff. The Hotel will be progressing with a refurbishment program of our guest facilities, including our guest rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights, having stayed at the Stamford Plaza in 2007. I also chose this hotel as the deal I got was a bargain - I paid the room rate and paid just $1 extra for breakfast each day and a complimentary bottle of South Australian wine.

I found the Stamford rooms very roomy, beds comfortable especially. TVs had a variety of channels to choose from. I didn't hear much noise from other guests other than the occasional a door slamming in the hall way.

Breakfast was sufficient with a wide variety to choose from: scrambled eggs, bacon, baked beans, fruit salad, to pastries, bread and cereal and yoghurt. Service in the TGs restaurant (where breakfast was served) was fast and efficient.

However, I have to say that the bathroom is the thing that needs an upgrade. Basin and sink was fine, but the bath I had was only suitable for kids to splash in. It was about 20cms deep. You are provided with bathroom amenities (shampoo, lotion, shower cap etc).

I didn't utilise other features of the hotel and thererfore can't comment.

Credit must be given to Alex - the main guest relations guy at the front of the hotel. He is super friendly and helpful, and gave recommendations of where to eat. He interacts very well with guests staying at the hotel.

There is a Skylink bus stop outside the hotel so you can travel to/from the airport with ease. The tram line is right in front of the hotel as is the main Adelaide train station. It was very convenient for my friend to meet me as she had a fair way to travel. Buses are not far around the corner in King William Street, or a short walk to Currie Street. I caught the bus from Currie St to visit Hahndorf and it was efficient.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments. I was pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comment regarding Alex from Concierge.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide.

Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

The rooms are clean, bathrooms are bright ,the staff competant and pleasant and yet I felt that my experience could be improved upon. The decor and TV were a bit dated and the interior is ready for a makeover .My room faced onto the blank wall of a building with a car park in the immediate foreground, but I suppose that is the price you pay for a late booking the day beforehand. This hotel is more than adequate and obviously popular. My preferred option was the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel where I had stayed previously, which was solidly booked.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
GrahamSPA, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, March 4, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are currently in the process of improving the general appearance of hotel with an upgrade of our guest elevators well underway and other projects planned for our guest room interiors and services.

We do hope you will return to the Stamford Plaza Adelaide in the future.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

The staff at the Stamford Plaza Adelaide were professional and polite so no complaints about the service. However, we did almost get charged a small minibar charge even though we didn't take anything out of it, but thankfully the issue was resolved when we brought it to the attention of the staff and the charge was reversed off my credit card.

The room was of a good standard. It had contemporary decor and was rather spacious too (for a city hotel). The room had a functioning TV with Foxtel and was clean.

The hotel is located on North Terrace which is near a lot of Adelaide's prominent buildings, such as South Australia's Parliament House (which we had a good view of from our window) - it was also close by to the train station and casino. A free bus that drives around Adelaide's CBD stops nearby the hotel as well, so in terms of location, it's probably one of the better hotels.

We didn't take advantage of many of their amenities but like any good 5-star hotel it had room service, wireless internet and a swimming pool. We did try a buffet breakfast and while it was pretty good the price was steep (about $30pp).

What I liked best about this hotel is the creature comforts you expect from a 5-star hotel and its location. Not so good is the usual price of the rooms (although we were lucky enough to get a great deal on it this time around) .

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
GrahamSPA, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
I very much appreciate your comments regarding the staff's professionalism and politeness. Although not pleased with the error, I was also happy that your incorrect mini bar charge was promptly dealt with.

As you mentioned, the Hotel is in a good location close to the train station and casino.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Area General Manager

Been to Stamford Plaza Adelaide? Share your experiences!