“Great location for Cabaret Festival” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stamford Plaza Adelaide

You added Stamford Plaza Adelaide to your Saves list
Stamford Plaza Adelaide
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Sydney
“Great location for Cabaret Festival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I came over to Adelaide for the cabaret festival and the Stamford was a good choice in terms of location, a few minutes walk to the festival centre. The Stamford is a short walk around the corner to Rundle Mall. There are many restaurants nearby of various price points. The tram stop to Glenelg is across the road. The room itself was a decent size and had all the usual things you'd expect. Housekeeping was a bit hit and miss. My one and only issue was the shower, apart from extremely poor water pressure, it was totally devoid of anywhere within the shower to place your soap or anything else for that matter, not so much as a little shelf or caddy. Not wanting to put the soap on the floor of the shower for obvious reasons it made for an awkward showering experience. Having travelled extensively both here and overseas I can't say I have seen that before a first for the Stamford Plaza Adelaide! But overall I had a great stay and would consider staying again the next time I visit Adelaide.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Saqib A, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thanks for your detailed feedback and your suggestions will be shared amongst our team for making the required improvements.

You are correct, our location is very central to almost anywhere in Adelaide and most guests do appreciate the advantages.

We are always happy to know our guests will be coming back to us and look forward to your return.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night, room comfortable and clean, hotel generally feels a little tired. $25 for wifi seems greedy these days.. Be careful if you stay over a weekend, there is excessive noise from the night club in the same building complex. Reques a high floor facing North Terrace.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and I am glad you found the room comfortable and clean. I do regret any inconvenience you may have faced on a weekend stay.

We have invested over the last few years on product improvement and you will notice some more changes over the next few months.

Our higher floor rooms facing the north terrace enjoy a great view and you may wish to reserve a Park View room upon your next visit.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I had a single night on business travel and booked through an agent. The cheapest room rate was still very high, but figured that was due to a convention or tow in town. When I checked in I was advised that I was on a package that included a rebate from La Boca Bar & Grill, and some other complimentary services. I was surprised and unable to change it.

Overall, I really liked the hotel. Well appointed and great service. The bed was comfortable and quiet, despite overlooking the main road, and the river vista beyond. The gym was a little small but had the latest equipment and well maintained. Water and towels were plentiful.

Room Tip: Go for a room above the 6th floor, on the North side for a great view over Parliament House, the Fes...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Saqib A, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your praise of our location and facilities. We have recently invested substantially into improving our facilities and I am glad you enjoyed the renovated gymnasium.

I regret that your agent was not clear in explaining the details of your booking. We always recommend customers to use our website to get best available rates, special offers and also clarity about the packages they are booking.

You are correct, the views from our Park View facing rooms are amongst the best in town.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My partner surprised me with a night at the Stamford Grand for valentines day this year and it was a great experience. The check in process was fast and we were able to go up to our rooms right away. Clean, and nicely decorated modern rooms. We did stay in a recently renovated room also so that was a bonus. The rooftop pool and spa was beautiful. Glass windows around with views of the city. The spa was relatively small, it fit my partner and I plus another lady and we were squished. Buffet breakfast was lovely and the check out process was relatively easy. The only negative was that when we got to our carpark we were told that it would only be $9 but it was close to $40 so we went back to the reception and they said there was a mix up and they should have given us a ticket when we checked in the previous day and they couldn't give us a refund because we had already paid. They tried to fix it by saying we have a $40 credit for next time we stay there but it would have just been nice to have the money back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Saqib A, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thanks for your generous praise about our location, facilities, services and team members.

It remains our endeavour to be the first choice for all travellers to Adelaide and we hope you will be returning soon to take advantage of our winter warmer packages that include a $ 1 breakfast offer.

I do regret the miscommunication about your parking and would appreciate if you could contact me on SaqibAnwar@spa.stamford.com.au in order to solve this small misunderstanding.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed in the Stamford for a conference at the Oval. The Hotel was close and was perfect for a short stay. The room was very clean, dark and quiet all the things I need for a good nights sleep. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The hotel itself was a bit dead at night but that sums up Adelaide on a Sunday - Tuesday nights. The restaurant attached 'La Boca' was usually more lively. For a conference, perfect.

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Saqib A, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thanks for sharing your feedback and yes, our location as well as friendly team members are amongst our biggest assets. Your praise will be shared with them.

I am glad you were happy with the room and sleep quality as well as our new Argentinean restaurant, La Boca Bar & Grill that offers a unique experience with the Asador live cooking.

We aim to be the first choice for all travellers to Adelaide and look forward to your return.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was my second stay at Stamford Plaza courtesy of Wotif - unfortunately work won't spring for this hotel at rack rates!

Staff are courteous, accommodation is very good. Beds comfortable and lots of different pillows to choose from. I had issues with the tv remote but I didn't report it so can't complain really.

Location is exceptional, and if I was a tourist I would be very pleased to see how convenient this hotel is to all CBD attractions. I was facing North Terrace but had no noise at all.

The room service menu is fairly limited in my opinion and overpriced as they always are. There are two restaurants sort of on site - one Japanese I think, and the other Argentinian. The first was pretty expensive and the other didn't look all that appealing to a female on her own - very busy with lots of groups.

I did find out on my last night that the laneway to the left runs up to a street where you can pick up just about any of your typical take away fare.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Saqib A, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thanks for choosing our hotel and I am glad that our friendly team members, comfiortable beds and central location met your expectations.

We are suited for all travellers to Adelaide and coupled with our variety of dining choices, a perfect match for anyone looking for quality accommodations.

We hope you will continue to stay with us in the future.

Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had a lovely room however very disappointed with the service. We booked a package that included a $100 food voucher. We ate at a restaurant in the Stamford and was then told upon checkout that this restaurant wasn't included. We were told that they would honour the $100 as they didn't advise us upon check in that the restaurant wasn't included in the deal. We then received a phone call today that they are reneging on their word and debiting our account for the $100. We asked I they would be offering something in return and told flat out no. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing us with you feedback and sharing your experience, which could only be an exception.

I am sorry to read your comments and regret any inconvenience caused. I will be trying to establish direct contact with you in order to acquire first hand feedback or would appreciate if you could get in touch with me on SaqibAnwar@spa.stamford.com.au

Hotel Manager

Been to Stamford Plaza Adelaide? Share your experiences!