“I can bank on a comfortable stay at Stamford Plaza Adelaide” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stamford Plaza Adelaide

You added Stamford Plaza Adelaide to your Saves list
Stamford Plaza Adelaide
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Our $1 breakfast is back!
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Sydney, Australia
“I can bank on a comfortable stay at Stamford Plaza Adelaide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. My stays are short term visits on business trips to Adelaide.
It offers comfortable, quiet rooms and a very good breakfast. Room service meals are also fine and the staff are friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Mid to higher level street front facing rooms offer views across the river to the Adelaide Oval prec...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Olivia H, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hi Alan S,

Thank you for your complimentary comments about the Stamford Plaza, I will certainly pass on your opinions to both our kitchens team and service staff regarding the breakfast and service levels meeting your expectations.

Our rooms start on level 3, so each room that faces North Tce has a good view overlooking Parliament and beyond to the Oval.

Thanks again for your review, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford another time.

Executive Assistant Manager, Stamford Plaza Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Lameroo, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Excellent service most comfortable bed and pillows ever, complete with a first class breaky
What more do you want!!
Great location also, easy to go anywhere in town and it was easy to get out in the morning.

Room Tip: Upgrade to deluxe for so little extra !!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Olivia H, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hi Kristen B,

Thank you for your feedback for your recent stay at the Stamford Plaza and I am so pleased you were happy with the service levels, comfort of the bed and the buffet breakfast provided. I will be sure to pass this onto the rest of the team.

We agree that our location is top notch for getting around Adelaide and as you said, very easy for getting out in the morning as well.

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you to the Stamford Plaza once again. Please dont hesitate to contact me directly in regards to your next stay and I look forward to making it a pleasant one.

Kind Regards,

Olivia Harvey, Executive Assistant Manager.
Murray Bridge, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We booked a couple hours before traveling to the hotel on a Saturday night. When we arrived we found our room had been upgraded from a queen to a king. Friendly staff at check-in. Clean room. Nice bathroom and shower. Comfy bed and nice pillows. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Olivia H, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hi Metyl,

Thank you for your review, it is a pleasure to hear that our team and facilities upheld your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your commendations to the team on a job well done.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Stamford Plaza again and please dont hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We were in Adelaide for 3 nights and stayed at the Stamford. Nice location and front staff. Except for housekeeping. We returned one day to find our room half cleaned - the pillows were till not paid, no milk in the fridge. Looked like housekeeping got called out half way ........and never bothered to come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Olivia H, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi insightful r,

Thank you for your review and bringing the issues with housekeeping to my attention. It is unfortunate that you had this experience as we take a lot of pride in the cleanliness and presentation of the guest rooms. Rest assured I have raised the matter with the housekeeping supervisor and I am confident that this will be an isolated incident.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our central location and the front office team were welcoming and I will be sure to pass on your commendations.

Please let me know if you do plan to visit us again and I will personally ensure your stay is a pleasant one.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed at the Stamford Plaza as a wedding we attended had their reception there. There was a large group of us who had all requested an early check-in so we could prepare for the wedding, and the Stamford Plaza were able to accommodate this early check-in for all of us, thanks very much :-)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Olivia H, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hi Melanie B,

Thank you for your commendation, its lovely to hear we were able to accomodate you with the early check-in and the wedding sounds like it was an enjoyable one! I will pass on your comments to the front office team who will be pleased we were able to make the day special.

I look forward to assisting you on your next visit.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here over the weekend (wotif mystery deal). Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The room was clean (a few marks and scuffs on the walls but all surfaces were good) and beds super comfy. Even the pillows were good which is usually a rarity! We still aren't sure if the bedside lamp worked or if we were just confused by the lighting system. It seemed every switch turned on or off a light that we weren't expecting lol

As others have said, it isn't the newest hotel and some of it's former glory may have faded, but the service was excellent and the hotel itself still has a certain charm to it. I believe there is currently renovation going on so it will be nice to check it out once it has been completed.

Can't comment on any of the dining options as we didn't use any of them.

All up it was a great, hassle free stay.

As a side note, I hope someone rescued the poor homing pigeon which appeared to have gotten itself stuck on the pool deck!

Stayed March 2014
Hi durtiz1978,

Thank you for your compliments on our team, I was pleased to hear that you were made welcome and we were able to meet your expectations. I will be certain to pass on your kind words to the staff and commend them on their service.

Our refurbishments have now been completed in the lobby and guest rooms, and this month we will welcome the opening of La Boca and Ginza restaurants, which Im sure you'll agree will be a pleasant addition to our services.

Just an update on the little pigeon - he was in fact a homing pigeon and was tagged, so we were able to return him home.

Kind regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is central adelaide with a great location. It seems like they are a good way through some major changes and I am happy to say we benefited from most of them.

Firstly we got one of the recently refurbished rooms. Whilst I would say they are still some details that could be worked on there (room 1108 had big dent in wall shoddily plastered over), overall the room was spacious and had everything we needed.

We wanted a brief gym session, so headed to the gym on the top floor. It seems almost brand new and has everything you need for a decent workout.

Next we lay in the sun by the rooftop pool. Again this seems all new and is perfect for the hotel (note the paint on the pool floor seems like it needs attention).

The only negative in our stay was dinner. The restaurants are still being worked on and the temporary set up is dreary, lacking in atmosphere and the food was not that great.

The plus side for the food is the breakfast. Great array of choices and really enjoyed.

I think it's clear there is work going on here, but they are heading in the right direction - worth a stay if you are in Adelaide!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi Craigsoota,

Thank you for your review and Im pleased to hear you were impressed with the recent refurbishment of the Stamford Plaza. Our rooms refurbishment is now complete as is our lobby, gym and pool area and Im glad that you were able to enjoy these areas. The pool floor will be repainted but we are waiting for cooler weather so as not to disturb our summer guests.

I am sorry that your dinner was not all that you expected but you will be pleased to know that La Boca, our new Argentinean grill and bar, will open next Wednesday and Ginza, the Japanese restaurant is also due for opening later this month and we are pleased to be able to offer some exciting new cuisine to our guests.

Please let me know when you will visit us again and I will personally show you through our new restaurants.

Executive Assistant Manager, Stamford Plaza

Been to Stamford Plaza Adelaide? Share your experiences!