“My Birthday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stamford Plaza Adelaide

Save Saved
You added Stamford Plaza Adelaide to your Saves list
Stamford Plaza Adelaide
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Winter Warmer Deals
Ranked #17 of 54 hotels in Adelaide
Adelaide, Australia
“My Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Stamford Plaza, the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was lovely. We had dinner in the seafood restaurant the food was great and again the staff were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carl F, Manager at Stamford Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Meadowmiss

Another 5 star review and great to see we made it special for your birthday........ sincere thank you!!!!
The seafood buffet is great value at $85 per couple and we even throw in 2 glasses of wine for inhouse guests. The prawns are specifically caught for us from the Gulf of Carpenteria and are some of the best available.

Meadowmiss you are most welcome back for your next birthday celebration......I would recmommend the exclusive High tea in the Crystal room every Sunday at 2.30pm.....simply devine with the chocolate fountain.

703 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I spent the weekend at the Stamford whilst in town for the Cabaret Festival. It has a great location within 2 minutes walk of festival hall. The staff were professional. The pillows were excellent!!! We ate at the asian restaurant which was a highlight. Breakfast was plentiful.
I was within minutes of Rundle Mall and that great Haighs chocolate shop. Highly recommended. And the rate was hard to beat... Thanks for a great weekend.

Room Tip: Book ahead for some great deals
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ghekko62

A great 5 star review and even better | am glad you got to enjoy the Caberet festival!!! This is one of the best events Adelaide holds with its electic mix of artists and Kate Cerbrano as Director has added to the event.

Your comments on the food in Rickshaws and professional staff are appreciated in particular from a senior reviewer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and a visit to the Haighs chocolate shop!

Warm Regards

Executive Assistant Manager
tauranga, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was greeted by homeless/drunk people just around the corner who wanted to carry my bag - which I understand is not the hotels fault but leaves a poor first impression.
The hotel is very outdated including the lobby and my room.
The service is good however and polite, particularly the front desk. Location is central.
Internet expensive. The casino is just across the road.
My stay was average, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Panamanz

Than you for review and comments on the good service. Apologies about you being accosted on the street by one of the cities disadvantaged ..... I can assure you this is not a regular occurence.

You must try one of our recently refurbished rooms on your next visit from which we are receiving some excellent feedback. I would top that up off with one of Amy's cocktails in Cascade.....her mojito is well sought after.

Panamanz once again thank you for your review.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Stamford Plaza Adelaide offers a standard of service that can only be described as Second to None. From the time you enter the Hotel you feel welcome.
The standard and quality of meals at the restaurants and the friendly restaurant staff make you want to return to restaurants again and again.
This trip was only a short one of 6 nights - my next stay will be my usual of 9 nights. I see that the hotel is currently having a huge refit. One can only say that with a new look, the Stamford Plaza will be a hotel of super excellence.
The Stamford Plaza also offers an online public relations service that many other hotels could indeed take a lesson from.
Thank you Stamford Plaza - keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Choose a superior suite - just so good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DarylS

What a headline and my team cannot thank you enough for recognising their efforts!!! They take great pride in looking after our guests and we aim to create a hotel that guests love through being exceptional in every sense.

We try to have authentic interactions with our guests so we can exceed expectations.....in this instance I aim glad we did.

Daryls I look forward to welcoming you back for your next 9 day stay so we can once again make feel like you are at home.

Broken Hill, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I have just spent 3 days staying at the Stamford, and I have to say, it was as good as anywhere in the world, and we have travelled quite a bit.
We could not find fault in anything, from the moment we arrived, the staff were fantastic, right from front of desk, to the housemaids. Always a smile and a chat, and seemed to come naturally. The room was more than adequate, the bed very comfy, the bar, comfortable, and the restaurants , very good.
We would recommend this hotel to everyone, and we will return.
Alex was a gem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BarbaraH

Reviews from experienced travellers like yourself mean so much more. Your 5 star review and headline "Just the best" is greatly appreciated.
A smile goes a long way and to have you mention you received this from all departments is very pleasing.

Alex our Guest Service Manager appreciated his personal mention.....he also receives a little reward for being mentioned.

BarbaraH and sincere thank you!!!!

Whyalla, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I travel to Adelaide for business and leisure, and find the Stamford Plaza an excellent location, close to most things I need, generally within walking or tram distance.
The staff are very helpful and the standard and cleanliness of the rooms is very high. My first option for Adelaide accommodation.

Room Tip: try for a room at front of the hotel, nice nighttime view of the house of parliament and the Cathedr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jim M

Your tip for a view over looking pPrliament house is right on the money. The view is not only stunning at night but certainly on the higher floors you can appreciate this wonderful city.

You must try one of our recently refurbished premium rooms on your next visit.

Jim M thank you for choosing us as your first choice accomodation for Adelaide...it is the ultimate compliment.

Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My colleagues and I booked into the Stamford Plaza Hotel for a recent 3 day business trip.
We had only just checked in when the concrete drilling started from above. It was so loud in all the rooms that you couldn't even have a telephone conversation. I went down to the front desk to request a quite room and found my colleagues had all done the same.
We were moved into other rooms that were not much better.... one that looked onto a brick wall.
The point here is that they knew the rooms we were checking into were below the drilling, so why on earth did they place us in these 4 rooms in the first place?
Other issues with this hotel all relate to the add ons ..... internet is around $25 per day extra.
Breakfast is around $28 and not even worth half that. There is a coffee cart at the front door for guests, and even that is highly overpriced at $4.50 for a take-away.... This service should be complimentary like so many good hotels.
We had to complain on numerous occasions about the cigarette smoke coming from one of the adjoining rooms .... the hotel is NON SMOKING, however they did little to enforce this as it continued for our 3 day stay.
We have since informed our company travel representative to strike this hotel off our corporate list .... we will never stay here again.

Room Tip: My tip is not to stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear gbsflyer

Please accept my sincere apologies for what you experienced during your stay. We made a mistake with allocating your rooms upon checkin. We had some essential works that need to be completed early in the afternoon but you are quite right in your review we should have been more savvy with our room allocations.
The cigarette smoke is simply unacceptable and the guest on that floor was charged a hefty cleaning fee as we are a non smoking hotel.

Regaring the coffee cart the $4.50 is for a medium sized coffee which is well priced compared to our neighbours. The breakfast I am improving our offering with the introduction of some iconic items such as Crocque Madame muffins and freshly made bacon and egg rolls. These are made by our egg chef in the restaurant.

Gbs flyer can you please contact me personally on carlforrest@spa.stamford.com.au so I can have the opportunity to make amends.

Executive Asisstant Manager

Been to Stamford Plaza Adelaide? Share your experiences!