We were a party of 3 ladies, and we shared a studio spa suite (room 226) at the beginning of our trip and again at the end of the trip. we were given a corner suite, and it was plenty of space for 3 of us to move around, even when a rollaway bed was installed inthe bedroom. the bathroom was big, which I liked a lot. it meant that I could move around with the other gals sharing the mirror without us bumping into each other that much. and we ladies use the bathroom a lot. the staff were wonderful during the first stay. Marco, the hotel ambassador, and peter the friendly Indonesian at the concierge were very helpful with tips and suggestions on where to visit and how to get around. it was the friendly staff that convinced us to stay at sebel at the end of our trip. unfortunately the second stay wasn't as impressive as the first, as the batch of staff was different people and they were less friendly and helpful. and the room given (room 221) was slightly smaller. we had breakfast on the first stay, and dinner on the second day. Food was excellent. I'm quite critical of food quality, and I have to say the variety was fairly reasonable for a breakfast buffet, while the cuisine at dinner was delicious. I was quite happy we decided to eat in. the only drawback was finding the hotel along the main street. we passed the hotel without realising we did as the main entrance was off North Terrace, and the name was not prominent along the main road. location wise, it is very convenient, a stone's throw to the tram station, a few stops to central market and chinaatown, a short walk to rundle mall. all in all, it was a very pleasant place to stay, and we felt not an ounce of stress, thanks to the warm welcome given by the staff during our first stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Playford Adelaide is a 5-star hotel set in the heart of Adelaide’s vibrant North Terrace, opposite the Convention Centre and City CasinoElegant 5-star hotel with superior accommodation, conference & recreational facilities, located in the heart of Adelaide. Winner of 2012 Best Deluxe Accommodation at the AHA SA Awards and 2011 Best Luxury Accommodation at the SA Tourism Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Playford Adelaide - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Playford Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Adelaide
- Sebel Playford Hotel Adelaide