“True value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera

You added Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   31-34 North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Ranked #31 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Adelaide
“True value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

A great hotel for an affordable business stay. I recently stayed at Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera for a week during my business trip. I booked on Agoda for $90 per day, which I think is a fantastic rate for a central located hotel. It is not a 5 star hotel, so I did not expect anything fancy, but it has all I required for, a clean room, fast wifi, beautiful continental breakfast and friendly staff. For any small business owner who wants comfort and saving cost, this hotel is definitely a great choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Well located, great service. My family spent 2 nights here while on holiday. The family room is spacious and comfortable. The location of this hotel is brilliant. We are able to walk to the main shopping area. Fantastic price as well. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Upon arrival to this aged and run-down hotel I was greeted by friendly staff which gave great promise for my stay. Unfortunately this hotel did not deliver. My room was sufficient, a good size with working amenities however the windows didn't close properly allowing noise to travel in at night & leaving me not feeling the safest. The area did not feel like the most safe in town either which added to my alarm at the state of my windows. Housekeeping was also dismal with my room running out of simple things like toilet paper which was only replaced upon my request, by very apologetic staff from reception. One day I even returned to my room aft housekeeping had visited to find they had opened one of my windows & left it open all day. I then had to struggle to close it yet again. In the end this hotel provided what I needed, accommodation for a few days but failed to deliver on what it promised (the on site restaurant was exceedingly disappointing) & apart from friendly staff I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Oviedo, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days, and I think it was the worst hotel I’ve ever been. First, the room was dirty and full of ants (I am not kidding). The curtains were broken, and I did not manage to get the appropriate darkness for sleeping. They told me that they have free wireless Internet in the lobby, but the second day it stopped working, and they didn’t fix it (always avoiding the issue). Last but not least. I prepaid the room on their Internet website and, once there, I asked for an invoice. They told me that they have technical issues because Internet payments were stored in another computer, but they promise to email me the invoice. After many emails and phone calls from Europe, the refused to send me the correct invoice.
Definitively, the worst hotel in Adelaide.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel, believe me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Close to King William and Entertainment centre. Well priced, however I don't think it is 4 star. Rooms are basic, staff friendly. Best to book online to get cheap prices. Staff are friendly and adjusting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel is located on North Terrace a 5 minute walk to the west of King William Street. There are a number of much more expensive hotels on North Terrace, however the Comfort Hotel is equally convenient to Rundle Mall for shopping, and the Entertainment Centre. It is a bit tired but frankly good value - it is always my choice whenever I need to stay in the Adelaide CBD. The location always directs me back to the Comfort Hotel -there is no need for taxis. Also, the stop for the free tram is near the hotel, which is a bonus.

Room Tip: For quietness, choose a room on the third floor if available, however any rooms facing North Terrace...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night and wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer. The rooms were basic but clean and staff friendly but I don't think it really is a 4* there was only 1 lift which didn't really seem so bad as we didn't need to wait too long i guess but the bathroom toiletries were strange with big locked bottles of bath gel, shampoo etc and something else, I've never seen anything like it.... I felt the hotel had a bit of a weird feeling not bad but definately not good. Wouldn't recommend it for a few more $$ you could stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera? Share your experiences!