“spacious” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera

Save Saved
You added Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   31-34 North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Ranked #35 of 54 hotels in Adelaide
Sydney, Australia
“spacious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

It is an unexpected stay due to flight being cancelled. I got a night stay at this hotel. It is a huge room for 4. It has 1 queen bed and 2 single bed. The overall space planning is just ok as it is a cheap stay. the toilet is quite clean. The overall ambience is ok.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I would agree with other reviews that this is a borderline four star property presumably only because of the services that it provides- 24 hour reception, room service etc. It is somewhat confusing when one sees 'motor inn' plastered to the side of the building. This is clearly in contrast to what I define to be a 'hotel'. The Internet charges are obscene beyond belief, considering that this is a day and age where in most cases it is complimentary. $10 for 100MB? $90 for 1GB? Solution: ring up your phone carrier and add more data to your plan as a once off. $20 = 2GB... so there Comfort Hotel...

Again... I don't believe that WOTIF should be representing this as a four star property, particularly for the price paid and when it resembles the interior of a Hotel IBIS. Yet the rooms are spotless and comfortable. I think however it gets away with it due to the services offered.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked via a mystery 4 star hotel on Wotif, it is not 4 star, will discuss that further with Wotif. It is clean so did for one night. Check in was slow, no car parks were available and the advice given by reception would have resulted in a nice parking ticket (we moved at the last minute and the car behind where we were parked had one the next morning). We plan to come back to Adelaide a few times in the first half of next year but we won't be staying here again, or trusting Wotif mystery hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AdelaideRiviera, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera.

You mention we are NOT 4 Star when we are in fact are as this criteria is set down by AAA Tourism and the current criteria is based on services and facilities such as 24 hour reception, onsite Restaurant, in room mini bar etc.

I do believe the secret deal supplied to WOTIF is of great value as you receive a Deluxe Hotel room (24-26sq) and 2 Drink vouchers to the value of $11.00 all for the low price of $128. Being in the City and having free transporation pick up points minutes from the hotel and only a 5 minute walk adds value to the rates we do offer in the market place.

Again, thank you for your feedback and is unfortunately we were unable to meet your expectations on this occassion.

Regards

Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Friendly reception, room clean as, location handy for most things in the town centre. Refreshments a bit lacking and asking to pay for bottled water a bit mean (but complimentary drink voucher given on arrival).For a short stay no worries.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
AdelaideRiviera, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear M Diddums,

It is always a pleasure to read when our guests have enjoyed their stay by commenting on our staff and the facilities.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Quite easy to find but a little tricky to park to book in. Booking in was smooth & helpful and car parking was excellent. Limited car spaces, so worth letting them know you will need a space. Friendly staff. Room clean and well appointed. Very close to city centre. I had a room with a view of the new hospital construction site and North Tce but was not bothered by any noise. Restaurant breakfast was very good with quick service. I'd stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
AdelaideRiviera, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Pat T

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have just stayed at the hotel for the night as we went to a function in town, we found it great to be able to leave the car in the car park, we rang before to find how how this worked so knew we had to check in first, the staff were friendly and helpful and we used the tram to get in and out of the CBD so did not have to worry about parking or having a drink, room was clean and comfortable, mini bar prices were not over priced as at some other hotels and all in all for the price of the room we found it value for money

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Pam K,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera.

Parramatta, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

When I tried to get into the Comfort Inn car park before checking in, I noticed that there was a sign that you could only get into the car park if you had a swipe card. As I had not checked in, of course I did not have a swipe card, so I rang the reception to explain the situation. She would not let me in and I had to reverse out and go around the block. This happened in peak hour, so going around the block took another half hour.

When I explained what happened at the front desk, the man was not very helpful and very unfriendly. He told me "all I had to do was ask".
I told him I had asked and his response was "no hotel would let you into their car park, because they do not know if you are a guest their or not".

I have stayed in many, many hotels before and I have never come across this situation. Most hotel staff are very accommodating and very understanding. Also, I have asked reception at other hotels and they have let me in prior to check-in as obviously I was there as a guest.

Therefore, I will not be staying here again as there are much friendlier places in Adelaide to stay at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera.

As you have clearly stated in your comments the car park signage states you need to have a car park swipe that is issued on check in to gain entry to the car park.

Hotel reception did advise there is a loading zone located on North Terrace for guests to use whilst doing their hotel check in.

We do pride ourselves on friendliness and helpfulness which is cemented by a LTR (Likelihood to Recommend" score of 8.4 which is measured by a survey of guests who have stayed using Choice Hotels Australasia website which is a FEE free site.

Once again Thankyou for your comments

Regards

Daniel Thompson

Been to Comfort Hotel Adelaide Riviera? Share your experiences!