“Tram stop makes this a very handy hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Adelaide

You added Hilton Adelaide to your Saves list
Hilton Adelaide
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 Victoria Square, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
London, United Kingdom
“Tram stop makes this a very handy hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel.

Very much a standard Hilton type hotel, the location is good on Queen Victoria Square. The hotel is by Central Markets, there is Coles supermarket just around the corner. Her Majesty’s theatre is also just around the corner.

The weather was cold and wet during my stay, so the tram stop just outside the hotel was very convenient. The tram is free to ride through the city section, so going to Rundle Street Mall, the railway station (Suburban trains)/ Festival Theatre and the Entertainment Centre is easy and free. The tram also goes to the beachside suburb of Glenelg (for a cost), which would be good in warmer weather.

One of the best things about this hotel was the very reasonable cost. Good location, accommodation and cost means I would come back next time I go to Adelaide.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear NewxGate,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you found the location of the hotel convenient in the hub of Victoria Square and close to many popular places of interest.

We are very fortunate to have the tram stop just outside the hotel which as you say is a very convenient way to explore the City Centre for free and for a small fee out to the Entertainment Centre or to Glenelg Beach.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide soon.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Hotel was very nice and the location was great (just in front of the markets and very close to the city).

We were disappointed when we came back after our wine tour to find glasses we had used had not been touched (one was a quarter full in the bar area and one was empty in the bathroom). Further, the sheets had not been changed despite us not indicating that they shouldn't.

Finally, they had a check out policy of 11am and have a sign that stated they charge $50 for every hour thereafter. Is this really necessary? I rang them and requested a late check out and they agreed, but I just found it a little odd to have a sign to this effect at the reception area.

A little disappointing for a 5 star hotel that was otherwise very good.

Room Tip: We were on level 7 and could hear a bit of the street noise. Try and get further up.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear oneinvestment,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I appreciate you passing on your positive feedback regarding the hotel and location. We are very fortunate to be in such a central location close to many places of interest.

Our Housekeeping team strive to service the guest rooms at the earliest convenience however sometimes due to high occupancy there can be a slight delay. I apologise for any inconvenience.

We are happy to honour a late check-out to our guests upon availability however there is a charge if prior arrangements have not been arranged.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Spent 4 nights here for business in May 14. The Hilton offered an excellent location and availability of services at a reasonable price. The hotel is well run with the professionalism you expect from the Hilton group. The building itself is very well presented and maintained, though a good candidate for renovation as it's last fit out is very dated. The bar and restaurant are nice and offer the service and product expected of hotel run establishment. The gym and pool are functional, though a little small for a hotel this size.
Overall it offers a pleasant stay and a safe bet for business travellers.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Fan-tc,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

I am pleased that you were happy with the location of the hotel and the service and product you received. I appreciate your comments regarding the hotel being dated. We are currently in the middle of a renovation project with the aim of upgrading all the guest areas of the hotel.

The Brasserie Restaurant offer a wide selection of sumptuous cuisine and the Lobby Lounge and Collins Bar offer a relaxing atmosphere where you can sample the delicious cocktails on offer. I am pleased you were able to experience these outlets during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I'd read a lot of mixed reviews of the Hilton Adelaide and was not sure what to expect. However, the location won out and I booked for eight nights. Reception staff very friendly (exceedingly high counter though!) and happy to upgrade my reservation. I was on the (12th?) floor with a view over the city to the coast, wonderful watching the sunset and the planes flying into Adelaide airport. The room was a good size and the queen size bed comfortable. Bathroom a little cramped but OK. Was able to adjust TV to play films etc through my laptop, a real plus (I'd enquired ahead of time and they responded very quickly with the information needed). Housekeeping reasonable and timely but could have been a little more thorough.

Main beef was the restaurant facilities. OK it was over the Easter period and it seemed the rest of Adelaide had closed down (except for Chinese restaurants of course) but surely an international hotel should have been able to provide table service in their downstairs restaurant during business hours - there was such a long complaining queue for a sad looking sandwich, which was all there was on offer, that we gave up and went to - yes! a Chinese restaurant round the corner, which I have to say was excellent. So I can't comment on restaurant service or food quality...
However, location is brilliant - right next to the fresh food market, supermarket round the corner, tram to Glenelg or up King William Street from opposite the hotel. All in all I shall stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have a room looking out to the coast, don't leave the window open during the night, the e...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jean707_11,

Thank you for your constructive comments regarding your stay with us.

I am pleased that you found the location convenient and you were generally pleased with your room and facilities. We are fortunate to be so close to the Central Markets and China Town and in walking distance to the main shopping areas around the city. The tram stop outside the hotel is an easy and free way to get around the city centre.

I did note your comments regarding the Brasserie Restaurant. Due to demand we do close the restaurant for lunch on public holidays however the Deli and Room Service are open as usual. I apologise for your disappointment on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Falkirk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Right in the middle of the city, around the corner from the Central Market (highly recommended - great for breakfast) and close to many restaurants. Usual Hilton - not exciting, but a good base in the city. Room was fine, nice view over the city. Free WiFi in public areas.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Falkirk,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent visit.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you found the location to be convenient. We are very fortunate to be next to the Central Markets with many popular restaurants close by on Gouger Street and in walking distance to many of the city’s attractions.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Vienna, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

When we approached the hotel we were thrilled by the excellent location. The hotel is in walking distance to attractions, restaurants, and public transportation. The staff upon check-in started to dim our view of the property as the person was not friendly or helpful. Upon entering our room we were disappointed as the room was quite small and sterile feeling. We laughed that we felt like we were in a college dorm or cell. The hotel was clean and served as a reliable place to sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear JAR59,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel to be close to all the main attractions, restaurants and shopping areas however I note your disappointment with the check-in team and the room you were allocated.

Please rest assured this is not the usual standard we pride ourselves on and your feedback has been shared with my Management Team to ensure more care is taken in this regard. We are in the process of a renovation project with all the guest areas undergoing a minor refurbishment. I apologise for your disappointment on this occasion.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked online very easily. Ticked the boxes for upgrade and early check ng and received both. Arrived at the hotel and checked in quickly with friendly staff. Went back downstairs to a private business meeting that they were hosting as well.

Came out of the meeting and a couple of us felt like a beer. We approached the bartender behind the bar and he said they weren't open yet but the eatery could serve us a beer that was about 4 metres away from where we were standing. I had issues with the eatery before where they served us water bottles without glasses. Not really fussed but at the same time not consistent with the Hilton brand. One staff member trying to serve about 10 customers as well while about 3 lazily cleaned tables.

We went out for a meal and I retired early and got to have a better look at the room. It was fantastic and the bathroom was the cleanest I have ever seen. I ended up having the one of the best sleeps for a very long time. Nice cosy warm rooms with fantastic beds with even better pillows.

Had breakfast on the 16th floor. Very happy with the breakfast. The staff member even proceeded to express check me out as I was having breakfast which I thought was very efficient as I need to catch a flight directly. I thought I might throw one more test in before I left and asked her what make the bed was. She was unable to tell me. I thought it was strange usually high end hotels pride themselves in the beds that they use. Small details like that make all the difference.

I will be staying again. The location, quality rooms and business facilities were more than satisfactory.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jezremedy,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you received your requests on check in and you found the team to be friendly and efficient.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the bar. Our Lobby Lounge opens from 3pm on Monday to Saturday and from 5pm on Sundays however drinks can be served from the Deli adjacent to the Brasserie Restaurant prior to opening. I apologise that you found the service in this area to be slow and not consistent with what you would expect from a Hilton property.

I am pleased that you found your room to be clean and tidy and you enjoyed the Serta mattress and pillows. The Executive Lounge is the perfect place for the busy business traveller to have a quick breakfast. Our Executive Lounge team are always happy to assist with express check out or any other requests you may have.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Hilton Adelaide

Been to Hilton Adelaide? Share your experiences!