“Hard to fault” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Adelaide

You added Hilton Adelaide to your Saves list
Hilton Adelaide
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 Victoria Square, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Sydney, Australia
“Hard to fault”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in November last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The location is excellent, with a tram stop outside the door and many interesting places just a walk away. Central Market is practically next door as well as a supermarket.

The room (A Deluxe Guest Room) was clean and spacious, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was awesome - although the shower had no door so the bathroom floor got wet...

If you stay here, or even if you don't, you must spend some time at The Collins Bar. It's a groovy little place and the $10 Truffle fries are to die for!

I had noticed in other reviews people complained about the pillows. Well, in the back of the guest directory was a pillow menu! You could call down and select one of several pillow types! Luxury!

We got a very good deal on this hotel and it suited us immensely.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear PoeticCrayon,

I appreciate you taking the time to pass on your positive comments regarding your stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am delighted that your stay lived up to your expectations and you found your room to be clean and spacious and the location convenient for your needs.

As you mention the newly opened Collins Bar is a great place to unwind with some tasty cocktails and finger food and I am pleased that you found this to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We have previously stayed at Hilton hotels in Hawaii, so we decided to give this one a go.
Our package included breakfast, valet parking and we got upgraded when we checked in.
After reading some reviews, we were a little worried, but we had NO reason to be. Great service from all the staff. Good, clean rooms, great breakfast, great location and gym facilities.
The only con; we should've stayed longer!!!
We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear DBH,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the inclusions of your package. The breakfast in the Brasserie Restaurant is very popular and I am pleased that you were able to experience this.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the good service you received. It is always nice to hear about how the team have assisted and shown a high level of service which we pride ourselves on.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Queenstown, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just spent 4 days at Hilton Adelaide. First time for us at a Hilton hotel.

Pros:
Central location
Nice lounge
Friendly staff
Cons:
Grubby tired old bathroom with shower over bath
Generally dull and dated bedroom /sitting room. Fridge as old as the hills
Service lift noisy when trying to sleep (spoke to reception staff and told them we were woken several times in the night by the screeching sound and advised that we shouldn't be able to hear it!!)

I guess like other reviewers if you manage to get a really cheap deal with freebies thrown init would be worth a visit. We didn't and thought it was very average accommodation for the money

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Vicky D,

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay with us.

It is pleasing that you found the location of the hotel central and close to the Markets, China Town and Gouger Street.

Your positive comments regarding the friendliness of the team is very much appreciated however I did note your feedback regarding the décor of your room. We are in the process of updating all the guest areas of the hotel. As you can imagine with a project like this it will take quite some time to complete. I apologise for your disappointment in this regard.

I also note your comments regarding the noise coming from the service lifts. Although no other complaints have been made our Engineering team will investigate to ensure everything is working well. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I apologise that this disturbed your sleep.

I hope I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

indore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

For the New Year's Eve I had booked this for 3 night. After much deliberation I chose hilton over crown in Adelaide and I have no reason to regret it, I had booked the hotel at expedia and there was some confusion when I reached the hotel, the front desk was helpful they called the contact no to sort it out, while the whole thing took an hour I was offered free drinks at the bar.
Check got delayed but we could find some restaurants open at Gouger street, close by.
Hotel location is good, but view would be excellent once Victoria park is fully redone, tram stop is right opposite, we found going to and coming back from Glenelg beach very convenient at odd hours.
In all good experience and would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear conftravel,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us for New Year’s Eve.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you found the team to be very helpful with resolving the reservation issue on your arrival.

We are fortunate to be in a very convenient location and I am pleased you made use of the tram to Glenelg to enjoy the beach and festivities.

Renovations are almost complete in Victoria Square and we are looking forward to seeing the end result. It will certainly be a lovely view for the rooms on the Eastern Side of the Hotel.

I appreciate your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

St Kilda, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here over Christmas and got a great deal including Valet Parking, upgrade to Deluxe Room and late checkout.

Room: Very nice deluxe room, very clean, good size and well appointed. The one quirk is the TV, it should be mounted a bit higher on the wall making it easier to watch from bed. (probably being fussy here). The room was lovely and after reading other reviews expected it to be old and tired, none of which are true. I really loved this room! Bathroom a little small, but acceptable and functional. Also the shampoos, soap etc of a great standard, loved them!

Staff: Everyone was very friendly and pleasant. A big mention the black girl at breakfast (sorry about the description but no one had name tags). She was absolutely lovely and couldn't have been nicer. She is definitely an asset to this place!!!

Parking: This is the problem. No parking around so you are forced to use the valet service, I believe an extra $37. It was included in our package luckily but keep this mind!

Pool: Very small.

Breakfast: Again included in our package and was absolutely lovely. Fresh pancakes, cereals, pastries etc. Couldn't fault it.

Would I recommend it? Definitely!! Lovely hotel and lovely staff!!!

Room Tip: Higher up room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Coutsa,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide over Christmas.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were able to experience an upgrade to a Deluxe Room.

Your comments regarding the service you received from the team is very much appreciated. We do have a great team that strive to ensure our guests enjoy their experience while staying with us.

Due to the location of the hotel we have limited car parking therefore we have leased areas in a local car park. We do have a few different parking options available which can be arranged through Concierge.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the Brasserie Restaurant where many fantastic dishes are created by our Executive Chef and his very talented team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have stayed here two times and loved the stay both times, more because of the location of the hotel than anything else. It is right across from the train so you can just hop on it and head to the beach or the casino. Its walking distance from most everything and just behind it is a huge China market where you can buy fresh produce, get freshly squeezed juice and the best Chinese food. The hotel itself is nice, rooms are small but comfy, wireless is free in the lobby but very pricey in the rooms. Liked eating at the hotel restaurant. Good food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear MaBeach_lover,

Thank you for your comments and thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton Adelaide.

I am pleased that you find our location convenient for your needs and the accommodation suits your requirements.

We are certainly lucky to have the Central Market at our back door with the ability to purchase the very best produce available in Adelaide.

Free internet is available in the Lobby, Restaurant, Business Lounge and Executive Lounge.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Recently stayed at the Hilton Adelaide over the Christmas break. We scored a great deal via Wotif that entitled us to a room upgrade, free valet parking, free breakfast and free champagne.
First up, there is no parking around the Hilton so if you don't have free valet in your hotel deal you will have to pay a fee upwards of $30. Other then that the valet were always friendly, attentive and quick at getting the car out on time. Another thing to be wary of is that the pool is tiny, if you want to spend the bulk of your time swimming and sitting by the pool- you won't like this one.
Our room was lovely, very spacious, clean and the bed is huge and very comfortable! The bathroom is small but I have had smaller in much more expensive hotels in the US! We had a new TV and plenty of channels to choose from, sleep quality was excellent too.
Breakfast was AMAZING! apart from a French woman (hotel guest) who abused the egg man at the top of her lungs and managed to have everyone in the breakfast restaurant and hotel lobby starring at her in amusement.. Anyway there is a huge choice- cereals, fresh fruit, smoothies, yogurts, pancakes, eggs made any way, sausages, pastries etc. Honestly there is so much nice food to have at breakfast it's hard to sample it all over 2 days!
The location is great- right in the Centre of the Adelaide CBD, Chinatown is a 3 minute walk, the Mall is 10 minutes, the park is 10 minutes. You may need to catch a cab to the casino thou- oh and there are plenty of cabs right out the front too! A nice change for us Melbournians!
Their cocktail bar looked very nice, a shame we didn't get to go this time! The free champagne is a nice touch too.
All in all I was very, very impressed by the Hilton Adelaide! Would I go back? YES!

Room Tip: Try and get a deal with a free upgrade or book a deluxe room- they are brand new, spacious and highe...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bbbelz,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the service of the team attentive and friendly.

I am pleased that you found your room to be spacious and clean and you found the facilities to your liking.

Breakfast in the Brasserie Restaurant is a truly fantastic local experience and I am pleased you enjoyed the variety on the buffet. Our Chefs do a fantastic job creating some fine dishes using fresh local produce.

Our location is very convenient with easy access to the tram just outside the hotel offering free travel around the city centre. The Central Markets and China Town are located next to the hotel including some popular restaurants within walking distance.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide where you may be able to try out our newly opened Collins Bar.

Hilton Adelaide

Been to Hilton Adelaide? Share your experiences!