“Great stay in Central Adelaide ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Adelaide

You added Hilton Adelaide to your Saves list
Hilton Adelaide
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 Victoria Square, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
North Qld
“Great stay in Central Adelaide ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed twice for just $99 via a Wotif mystery deal which meant great value, both times upgraded to a Deluxe room (not sure what that is) but both rooms were well presented, nice king size bed, nice decor and a good size room. The hotel is an "older" style grand Hilton the foyer is all marble and 80's style however the rooms are modern. I did not use the restaurants nor the pool tennis court etc but this is a large hotel with numerous facilities. Great location in Central Adelaide with the gourmet central markets next door. Great value.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear jjaaus,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased that you found the Wotif mystery deal to be good value and I am delighted that you found the room and facilities suited your needs.

As the hotel is an older hotel we have started a renovation program. This will be an on-going program that will modernise the appearance of the guest areas in the hotel.

We are located next to the Central Markets, China Town and many popular restaurants on Gouger Street.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Gawler, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The room standard and facilities were very good, the package good value and the staff friendly. Unfortunately several service issues spoilt the experience somewhat (bar fridge contained half-consumed items from previous guests, very poor service from restaurant staff at breakfast and confusion about late checkout arrangement). Maybe we were unlucky?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear dmicscot,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was pleased that you were happy with your room and facilities however I did note you did experience a few issues during your stay.

I am disappointed that we did not totally meet your expectations on this occasion. Please rest assured we are committed to guest satisfaction and therefore appreciate your constructive comments to improve the operation. I apologise for the disappointment on this occasion.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Adelaide again soon to restore your faith in our services.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Let's face it from the outside it's a big ugly tower. However the surprise was the inside which has been modernised. My queen room was big, clean and all new, plenty comfortable for a brief stay. Good location for walking to bars and restaurants and the central market. However terrible parking options - either expensive or dodgy or both. After lots of trips round the block and searching for good parking options I ended up parking my rental car on the street as that seemed like the best option. Breakfast was fine but crazily expensive, $37 for the buffet I think and there's not many breakfasts that are worth that.
The Hilton was fine for a brief stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear workholiday,

Thank you for your comments.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your initial surprise you experienced when first entering the hotel. We have been refurbishing the hotel over the last couple of years with further plans in place in the coming years to ensure we keep up to date.

I am pleased that you found your room comfortable and the size suitable for your needs. We are in a prime location close to many restaurants, the Central Market and China Town with the tram stop opposite enabling convenient travel around the city and out to Glenelg Beach.

Due to the location of the hotel we do have limited parking therefore we have agreements with the local public car parks. A few parking options are available and can be discussed with Concierge for further details. I apologise for the inconvenience you experienced.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Spent three nights here in November 13 and I couldn't fault a thing. Received a great deal on wotif which included breakfast, sparkling wine on arrival and late checkout. I normally don't get up early enough for breakfast but given it was part of the package, I dragged myself out of bed early and was pleased I did! Hands down best breakfast ever! They make fresh juice, waffles pancakes and eggs to order. I managed to drag myself out of bed all three days! Our room was super nice, a double room. No balconies but the beds were super comfy and the amenities were amazing. The soap was delicious. The room was quiet and the curtains block out all the sun. My favourite part of this hotel though was the Collins Bar. The two male bartenders (cant remember their names) were really knowledgeable and knew their craft. A wall of top quality spirits and wines and I was impressed by the list of tequilas (which I had to sample). There are cosy couches but I liked sitting near the large open windows, watching everything outside. The bar inside the hotel was great too and they made some awesome cocktails with a signature "H" on top. Every time I had a drink in there, some complimentary nuts and snacks were dropped at the table. All the staff were friendly and the concierge staff were especially efficient and helpful. No sooner did you ask for a cab and your bags were whisked away and a cab waiting. Always a friendly greeting entering and leaving the hotel and help finding locations around the city. Those little touches mean a lot. Location is great with the tram outside the door which is free if you travel inside the city circle. I went straight home and joined the Hilton club and will definitely stay here next time I come to Adelaide (unfortunately it's booked out for my next trip-but the time after that!).

Room Tip: I had a double deluxe room which was great for two singles.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 666_Lolly_666,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your experiences at Hilton Adelaide recently.

It is pleasing that you enjoyed your stay and you found your room and amenities up to the standard you would expect.

I note you particularly enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the Brasserie Restaurant. Our Executive Chef, Lloyd Cremer and his team take great pride in creating a varied and interesting display of dishes on the buffet using fresh local produce and I am pleased this was to your liking.

Our newly opened Collins Bar is a great place to unwind and sample the vast selection of cocktails and spirits on offer. I appreciate your comments regarding the service you received from the bar staff which will be passed to the Manager.

Our Concierge team take great pride in ensuring you are well looked after from the moment you enter the Hotel to your departure. I am pleased that you found their service to be efficient and helpful in finding your way around the city during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The Hilton in Adelaide is in a very good location! Everything is off this hub with the west end bars, east end restaurants, mall, tram to Glenelg and central markets right behind. Rooms are average in size and dated (despite frequent attempts to modernise; which I have witnessed over the last ten years, and they are still functional for the space). Rates can be high, but there is also the odd bargain during periods of when a hosted conference finishes and more normal occupancy starts again. Beds are weird as like sleepily on a big rounded pillow cloud - good for angels but not mere humans.

Room Tip: Look for dates after a conference as occupancy can be low
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Byron S,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

We are indeed fortunate to be located in the hub of Victoria Square close to many attractions and public transport and I am pleased that this was to your satisfaction.

Our renovation program is in progress and due to the project size it will take quite some time to ensure we minimise any inconvenience to guests and visitors during this time.

I appreciate your comments regarding the rates. As you are aware the rates do vary and they are continuously monitored to ensure they are kept in line with the current market.

I did note your comments regarding the bedding. We do have a pillow menu in each room allowing you to order pillows of your choice from Housekeeping upon request which may benefit you on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The Hilton Adelaide is a mediocre hotel. Thirty years old and showing it. So if you get a very good rate then given its location it may be okay for your needs.
The standard room on level three was tired and the bathroom smelt. Luckily it was only an overnight stay.
There are much better hotels in Adelaide for the same money. Shop around.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Roozel,

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay with us.

As you mention Hilton Adelaide is now thirty years old and it has come time to freshen up the overall look and feel of the hotel.

Over the last couple of years we have started a rolling renovation program which will continue until all guest areas are refurbished. As you can imagine with a project of this size and to minimise the inconvenience to our guests it will take considerable time to complete. We are now in the process of organising plans for the next stage of refurbishment and I hope you will be back to enjoy the benefits of this upgrade in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Booked via Wotdeal so didn't know what we'd get but very happy with the hotel. Staff were nice and despite there being a school ball on that night and the "fashion" (term loosely used) parade though the lobby providing entertainment, there was little impact on our stay. We arrived late but being on Perth time, went to the bar for a SA vino as a nightcap. Fantastic location and only issue was the works going on at the park across the road that meant a bit of a loop needed to get into the front door. I'm sure it will be worth it went the park upgrades are revealed.

Oh and we were upgraded to a suite which is always a treat :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ComoResortManager,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to Hilton Adelaide and I am pleased you enjoyed your upgrade to a suite.

I am delighted that you found the team to be nice and helpful and you were generally pleased with your stay. I did note your comments regarding the large group in the hotel and I am happy that it did not affect the service you would expect from a Hilton property.

There is an upgrade to Victoria Square in progress however we have not found this to cause any inconvenience to the operation. We are looking forward to our guests benefiting from the end result.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Hilton Adelaide

Been to Hilton Adelaide? Share your experiences!