This is the first time I stayed at the Adelaide Hilton. In my previous stays to Adelaide I normally stayed in an apartment in North Adelaide.
I was happy with the professionalism and helpfulness of all the staff I interacted with. The Vietnamese male staff who came to do the daily housekeeping was very considerate. The first two days, housekeeping came to do the room around 3 to 4 pm. I normally came back after lunch around 2 pm in order to rest before going out again; and when I mentioned this to the staff he ensured that on subsequent days he did up the room before 2 pm (kudos to him). The older gentleman at the main door was also very friendly and chatty, which was nice.
I was impressed with the room size and cleanliness of the place. The minibar is also very well stocked (although I did not consume any of the items as the same types of things could be obtained more cheaply from Coles, which is just around the corner). It would be nice however if the Hotel provided slippers for the room and toothbrush sets as this is quite normal in other hotels I have stayed in.
The bed was very comfortable although I did find the pillows a bit too large and hard for my liking. I later realised that there was a pillow menu, so i should have perhaps used this service. Being on a higher floor I was not affected by any noise from the streets or the construction that is currently ongoing at Victoria Square opposite the Hotel.
The Hotel needs to improve on the gym though. 3 of the 4 treadmills were out of order. I read earlier reviews on Trip Adviser which also stated the same thing, so I am presuming that this has been the situation for some time. The suspension on the other treadmill is not comfortable when one runs on it and I believe it needs servicing. It would perhaps be better if the Hotel had arrangements with nearby gyms (there is one along Morphett Street) for guests to use their facilities as well for free.
I only ate once at the Hotel. The meal I had (at the Lounge) was acceptable.
The location of the Hotel is excellent - it is near to Chinatown, Central Market and numerous restaurants. The Victoria Square tram stop is just opposite and the tram journey into the City to the shopping area, casino etc is free.
All in all I enjoyed my stay. The key-card system required to access the floors gave me a good sense of security.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located overlooking Victoria Square, Hilton Adelaide is at the heart of the city’s entertainment and dining precincts. The Central Market’s and Gouger Street, Adelaide’s most vibrant dining destinations are right next door. At the hotel’s doorstep is the tram which will take you through the city and to seaside Glenelg.The hotel has a great choice of accommodation, ranging from stylish Deluxe rooms to the exclusive Executive Floor and Suites. Offering guests unrivalled experience, the hotel boast extensive leisure facilities; including an outdoor heated pool and tennis court, bars and multi-award wining restaurant, The Brasserie, which exclusively showcases local food and wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Hilton International Adelaide
- Adelaide Hilton International