“Good Hotel, Excellent Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Adelaide

You added Hilton Adelaide to your Saves list
Hilton Adelaide
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 Victoria Square, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Adelaide
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good Hotel, Excellent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the first time I stayed at the Adelaide Hilton. In my previous stays to Adelaide I normally stayed in an apartment in North Adelaide.

I was happy with the professionalism and helpfulness of all the staff I interacted with. The Vietnamese male staff who came to do the daily housekeeping was very considerate. The first two days, housekeeping came to do the room around 3 to 4 pm. I normally came back after lunch around 2 pm in order to rest before going out again; and when I mentioned this to the staff he ensured that on subsequent days he did up the room before 2 pm (kudos to him). The older gentleman at the main door was also very friendly and chatty, which was nice.

I was impressed with the room size and cleanliness of the place. The minibar is also very well stocked (although I did not consume any of the items as the same types of things could be obtained more cheaply from Coles, which is just around the corner). It would be nice however if the Hotel provided slippers for the room and toothbrush sets as this is quite normal in other hotels I have stayed in.

The bed was very comfortable although I did find the pillows a bit too large and hard for my liking. I later realised that there was a pillow menu, so i should have perhaps used this service. Being on a higher floor I was not affected by any noise from the streets or the construction that is currently ongoing at Victoria Square opposite the Hotel.

The Hotel needs to improve on the gym though. 3 of the 4 treadmills were out of order. I read earlier reviews on Trip Adviser which also stated the same thing, so I am presuming that this has been the situation for some time. The suspension on the other treadmill is not comfortable when one runs on it and I believe it needs servicing. It would perhaps be better if the Hotel had arrangements with nearby gyms (there is one along Morphett Street) for guests to use their facilities as well for free.

I only ate once at the Hotel. The meal I had (at the Lounge) was acceptable.

The location of the Hotel is excellent - it is near to Chinatown, Central Market and numerous restaurants. The Victoria Square tram stop is just opposite and the tram journey into the City to the shopping area, casino etc is free.

All in all I enjoyed my stay. The key-card system required to access the floors gave me a good sense of security.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Victoria Square have a nice view. Also ask for higher floors as there is construction...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear BaruApi,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased that you decided to try Hilton Adelaide on your recent visit and delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have a great team and I am happy that you found them to be professional and helpful during your visit. We do have a pillow menu as you mentioned with a wide selection available from Housekeeping. Slippers and toothbrush sets are also available on request.

We have recently had some issues with our treadmills in the gymnasium and have been waiting on some parts to come from overseas. The items have now been repaired and the gym is in full working order again. I apologise for the delay and inconvenience this caused you.

Hilton Adelaide is located in the hub of Victoria Square close to many fine restaurants and China town with the tram stop located opposite the hotel. This allows our guests to conveniently travel around the city at their leisure which is also free of charge.

I appreciate your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Feeling cold and restless in the middle of the night, I pulled the blanket closer to me. I then found a small red spot and a smudge near the edge (A part that would have still been sitting on the bed.)

Spent the rest of the night wondering if it could have been blood. But my better senses in the morning ruled against it.it was probably a messy eater before me.

The toilet could use a bit of cleaning... on approach it smelt like dried pee. In the gym, there was only one functioning treadmill... the other two or three were down. I couldn't find the disinfectant to wipe down gym equipment either.

By check out, my stay was only saved by the staff who brought me room service. Extremely polite and cheerful.

By the way, I had the runs after my room service. It might not have been it but that was the only meal I had all morning. If it was, I hope mine was an isolated case... like the bedsheet and the unfortunate down time at the gym.

• Stayed July 2013
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear yrfaith,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was pleased that you found the Room Service team member friendly however I was concerned that you found other aspects of your stay unsatisfactory.

I have discussed your concerns with housekeeping with our Executive Housekeeper and please rest assured bed sheets are changed after every guest departs.

We do follow very strict guidelines in regards to the regulation of food safety, hygeine and temperature. I am keen to investigate this claim further and I would appreciate more information.

Antiseptic is supplied in the Gymnasium to wipe down the equipment however we have recently had the treadmills repaired and it may have been moved during this time. I will ensure it is replaced and positioned close to the equipment. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

I apologise for the shortfalls in service that you received on this occasion and I hope you will allow me the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future so we may show you the service we pride ourselves on.

Highland Park, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The very best attribute of this property is it's location. Conveniently located in the center of town right in front of a trolley stop (2-stops from the major shopping area) and next to the Central Market.

The hotel itself is okay. Nothing special here. The place is clean and in good working order. The staff friendly but not super knowledgeable. (In particular about dining or tourist options) Bathrooms could use a bit of maintenance. In particular our toilet paper kept falling on the floor because the holder was wither missing a piece or mounted improperly.

Breakfast is nice with a fairly wide selection of options from the buffet. I liked the eggs benedict, freshly ordered at the counter. We had breakfast here two mornings and on one they had freshly made chicken wings which were good but kind of weird for morning. The made to order juice bar was a nice touch.

Hilton's policy of no free wi-fi in room (only lobby) continues to annoy me! Also, found the TV difficult to operate. It worked just couldn't figure an efficient way to search channels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Hpmicks,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased that you found the location of the hotel convenient for what you were looking for on your recent trip. We are fortunate to be situated in the hub of Victoria Square close to the Central Markets and many fine restaurants on Gouger Street. The tram stop opposite is a very convenient way to move around the city centre free of charge.

I appreciate your constructive feedback which will be discussed with the Management team. At Hilton Adelaide we strive to provide a five star service to our valued guests and I am delighted that you found our team to be friendly.

We have a very talented team of Chefs in our Brasserie Restaurant who provide many fine dishes using fresh local ingredients and I am pleased that you were able to experience this.

I understand your comments in regards to the internet. We have recently changed internet providers and also installed a connectivity station in the Lobby area for guests use with free internet on the Lobby level and also the Executive Lounge. Our internet charges are continuously monitored and kept in line with the local market.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Have stayed twice recently at the Hilton Adelaide. The experience was excellent for both bookings.
All employees provided first class service, check in and checkout was smooth and speedy. Our room was excellent, well fitted, clean and in good condition. The best was soft and the pillows just right
The location of the hotel is great, so convenient, near the city center, good views, surrounded by restaurants, adjacent to the Central Markets and also the Trams.
Well done Hilton Adelaide

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear China 150,

Thank you for your positive comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with your room and the service received from the team. We do have a pillow menu in each room with a selection of pillows available from Housekeeping upon request and I am pleased you found the pillows to your liking.

Hilton Adelaide is fortunate to be situated in a very convenient location with easy access to many popular restaurants and shopping areas in the city with the tram stop located opposite the hotel allowing for convenient free travel around the city centre.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Cairns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

After staying with friends in Glenelg we checked in to the hilton for three nights for some city fun.
As it was our anniversary i asked for a room with a nice view and got it, despite using my hilton points to pay. We also received a complimentary bottle of champagne.
We had views of the hills and sea and the room was quiet, clean and spacious.
The staff were all very friendly and the bar staff attentive.
The location is fantastic with the markets just behind, the city a short stroll and the tram stops right outside.
Would definately stay here again even if paying next time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PNorsell, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear mrpigCairns,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was pleased that you had a pleasant stay for your anniversary and you were happy with your room with views to the hills and sea.

I appreciate your positive comments regarding the team. We have a great team that genuinely care for our guests and it is great to hear their efforts are appreciated.

Our location is definitely convenient to the business and leisure traveller with plenty of places to see and do in close proximity to the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Weekend stay for couple for visit to theatre show. Upgraded to lovely room. Room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. The winow opened so there was fresh air! very rare indeed these days. Bravo for attention to detail. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Blahnii,

Thank you for your positive comments on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your weekend stay and you were happy with your upgraded room and facilities.

It is pleasing to read comments such as yours as our team take great care in ensuring our guests are provided with five star service and I am thrilled that you found this to be the case.

I appreciate your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Innsbruck, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Excellent location. Central markets, restaurants, bars and cafes, all within minutes of The Hilton.
Beautiful rooms, great large bed and the ability to choose the right pillow. Staffs were very friendly and helpful. But the gym facility needs better air conditioning and machines need to be maintained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Faymann W,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

Hilton Adelaide is located in the hub of Victoria Square. We are fortunate to be located next to the tram stop and close to the Central Markets and many fine restaurants on Gouger Street.

I did note your comments in regards to the gym facilities. We are waiting on some parts to arrive from overseas for the treadmills and in the interim we are reviewing the layout of the gym. I apologise for any inconvenience on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hilton Adelaide

Been to Hilton Adelaide? Share your experiences!