“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Adelaide

You added Hilton Adelaide to your Saves list
Hilton Adelaide
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 Victoria Square, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My 3rd stay here so far and love the convenience of the market just beside the hotel. Great place to purchase the fruit in season for a reasonable price. Rooms are comfortable and breakfast and cocktails at the lounge are nice. Gym is also well equipped.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Ian994,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your positive feedback in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with the location, room and facilities. We are fortunate to be in a prime location next to the Central Markets and close to shopping areas.

We provide a wide variety of choices in the Brasserie Restaurant and I appreciate your comments in regards to the service you received from the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Adelaide is a great city to live in, and a great city to visit, bounded by sea and hills bookended by wine regions it’s the ultimate holiday destination.
I lived in Adelaide for a long time and return to visit family a few times a year.
The Hilton is a favourite place of mine to to stay because of its location, amenity, and consistency of service, fantastic food and value for money.
The last time we stayed were automatically upgraded because it was ‘prom season’ and our floor was taken over by happy students celebrating the end of their studies.
Breakfast is great, the Barossa bacon being a stand out! The Brasserie provides a wonderful taste of SA and is a delight to dine in.
It’s possibly in need of a re-fit to come up to the standard of interstate top end hotels, but it matches anything Adelaide has on offer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear CatharineR,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback in regards to your stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and you found the location and service of the team satisfactory.

We are fortunate to be in such a beautiful city surrounded by some of the best wineries in the region and breathtaking coastline and I am pleased you continue to stay with us when you return to visit family.

Our buffet breakfast is a selection of popular tasty options using local ingredients and I am pleased you were able to enjoy this during your stay.

We are in the process of a rolling renovation to upgrade all the guest areas of the hotel. As you can imagine with a project of this size this will take time to ensure minimum disruption.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide soon.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fancy-named hotels like the Hilton or the Sheraton just use their name to entice people to stay, and simply have beautiful exteriors but, well, very average interiors.

While the bed itself was quite nice and big, the overall appearance of the room was shabby and the bathroom tiles simply out-dated and looked more like a 70s beach-side bathroom.

At about $300 per night, the quality of the HIlton is average at best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Karl C,

Thank you for your honest feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased that you found your bed big and comfortable however I was disappointed that you found the hotel to be out dated in some areas.

We have recently completed a minor refurbishment to some areas of the hotel and we have plans in place for future upgrades to the guest areas of the hotel. I apologise for your disappointment on this occasion.

I do understand your comments in regards to value and please rest assured we do continuously monitor our prices keeping them in line with the current local market.

I hope you will allow me the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed here a few times previously and found it to be comfortable and convenient. On my most recent stayed I wished to extend my three nights by a further two only to be told that there was no space and that there was no point in being put on a waiting list.

I am a Diamond member and tried to pull that card having checked all terms and conditions (even printed them out and confirmed that the hotel was not sufficiently oversold to refuse). I hadn't upset anyone, I had paid my bills yet was politely told to swing it!

Late morning on my third night checked on the Hilton.com website and found availability for my requested additional nights (and at a reasonable rate?) and booked the rooms. Still unsure as to why the hotel did not want my custom and why the Diamond profile carried no sway.

Once I had explained the conflict to the staff I was just met with a shrug (a shrug - great attitude).

The hotel itself was again comfortable and convenient but the booking system was terrible. I also found that the hotel only gave me one third of my Hilton points entitlement (which I am having to waste time followoing up with Hilton direct).

If you are proposing to utulise your Hilton membership benefits please be aware that they may not be honoured.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Stainerm,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us and thank you for your continued loyalty.

I am pleased that you found the hotel comfortable and convenient however I was concerned about the way you were treated when requesting to extend your stay.

I have discussed this issue with the Revenue Manager and please rest assured this was in no way a reflection on you or your Hilton Honors status. In many cases third party providers book out blocks of rooms resulting in our allocation showing as fully booked which was the situation in this case.

I understand your disappointment on this occasion and I apologise for the way in which this was handled. We do take pride in the service we provide our guests and I apologise that on this occasion you felt the service was not up to the standard you would expect from Hilton.

If you are still having problems with the allocation of your Hilton Honors points I am happy to personally follow this up for you. Please forward your details to me and I can investigate this further.

I hope you will allow me the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Sterling, Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hilton is well located to the downtown and restaurants. The staff was very helpful in arrange a car rental due to a last minute change in our plans. The also made a great recommendation on a wine tour. We found the hotel restaurant excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear e1949,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was delighted that you found the location in the Hubb of Victoria Square convenient and you were pleased with the service you received from the team.

Our Chefs in the Brasserie Restaurant take great pride in the dishes they create using fresh local ingredients and I was pleased that you were able to experience this.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I´ve had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Adelaide as part of my holiday in Australia. Having found that accommodation in Australia is somehow a bit pricy I found that Hilton Adelaide prices are quite reasonable compared to the quality of the services offered and value for money (in general).

The room that I stayed in was a Double Hilton Guest Room which suites my needs in terms of comfort and space.

Breakfast was included in my stay and I had access to the full breakfast buffet providing you with lots of options to choose from. My biggest problem was to find out where to start :-).

I also had good use of the concierge service and this works briliantly both in terms of having them book tours for you as well as giving directions to e.g. restaurants in Adelaide.

I also used the room service a couple of times. The quality of the food/meals are quite high as well as very good meanwhile the prices are very reasonable. Also I never experienced having to wait long time for my order - on average it was about 20 minutes from I ordered til I got my meal delivered which I considered quite reasonable.

Another benefit of staying at the Hilton Adelaide is that the hotel is located just outside the Victoria Street St. where you can jump on the tram and within 10. min be in the centre of the city (FYI - the tram is free of charge as long as you ride it in the centre of Adelaide).

The only negative thing I can pinpoint is that internet access from the room is AUD $ 29 which in my mind is to expensive - it ought to be complementry instead. As an alternative you can also use the business centre to get access to the internet but here 15 minutes cost AUD $ 6 so if you plan to surf for a while this is not a option.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear funnybunnydk,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your positive comments in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay and you were happy with the quality and value for money. Our Chefs create a wide selection of items on the breakfast buffet using fresh local ingredients and I am pleased you found this to your liking.

We are very fortunate to be in the hub of Victoria Square with easy walking distance to the popular shopping areas with the tram stop located just outside the entrance of the hotel for convenience.

I did note your comments in regards to the internet facilities. We are in the process of reviewing these facilities with the addition of a connectivity station being installed in the Lobby area.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Well, it is a very good Hilton standard hotel in terms of lobby,rooms etc.
But:When we arrived march 9 th for an overnight stay the reception and lobby obviously was
overwhelmed by the crowded lobby,a lot of arrivals and events to take place.
Our check in took place as follows:
Handing over the voucher and passports and asking for our booked smokers room:
A young guy in the reception: Sorry we have no smokers rooms since 2 monthes
My answer:But you confirmed our booking already 3 monthes ago
The guy becoming somewhat arrogant:not important.no smoker rooms
My next question:Do you have rooms with balcony? Answer No,no rooms with balcony
Starting the check in then for a non smokers room a new client 1 m besides me asked for
his smokers room and got it. The arrogant young guy told me:The group booked the
smokers rooms in advance- my question: What about us? No answer ,he told a colleague
to help him.

Well, the point for us is not to have a smokers room or not- as we are travelling every year
5 weeks around the world we are used (especially in the US and Australia) to get in the hotels
in 90% of our bookings no smokers room and it does not matter. But what matters is the
behavior of the staff in the reception- and I never was treated in Hilton hotel like that.
Maybe they cllients who stay not only one night better-giving them what was booked.

Room Tip: Dont book a smokers room-you wont get it