“Good business hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Adelaide

You added Hilton Adelaide to your Saves list
Hilton Adelaide
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 Victoria Square, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Geelong, Australia
“Good business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

i would not recommend for weekend leisure travel. Too far from major tourist areas. Close to China town must go for dinner there. We had a room overlooking Victoria square. There were quite a few sirens. The pool area was less than impressive and not so clean.

Room Tip: Overlooking square is a good room however lots of sirens.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear victoria m,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the location of the hotel. We are situated in Victoria Square close to Gouger Street’s fine restaurants and close to China Town. We are also fortunate to the have the tram outside our doorstep which can take you to many tourist areas in the city free of charge.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to the pool area which will be taken into consideration.

I hope I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Hilton Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel is in a great, central location. The hotel decor and rooms are dated and really need being re-furbished. We had a very poor air conditioning system, which was noisy and allowed the smell of cigarettes into the room. The room size of the junior suites is excellent, however the use of this space is poor. Bathroom quality was very good. The Staff were impeccable and should be complimented, very professional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear matt_perth79,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I appreciate your positive comments in regards to the location of the hotel. We are very fortunate to be located in the hub of Victoria Square close to many fine restaurants and China Town and opposite the tram station making it easy to move around the city.

I apologise that you found the décor to be dated. We are in the midst of a renovation project refurbishing all the guest areas of the hotel including our most recent project of a new bar in the Lobby area.

We have a great team who genuinely care for our guests and I am pleased that you found them to be very professional.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hotel rooms are average, older in style. Service in this hotel was great, staff were very helpful and friendly. I was upgraded to have access to the Executive Lounge and this was a very welcome surprise. Canapés in the evening were substantial and delicious. Likewise breakfast in the Lounge was also very nice. Also free wifi in the lounge

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Executive Floor the lounge access is worth it
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear rblw,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay.

I was delighted that your enjoyed your stay and you found the team to be helpful and friendly.

The Executive Lounge provides free wifi, a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning and drinks and canapés in the evening and I am glad you were able to experience this.

We are also currently installing a connectivity station in the Lobby for guest use which will be completed by the end of February.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was there for a Business Convention, the accomodation was booked by my company. I go to Adelaide regularly, I normally stay closer to Hindley/Rundle Streets & will continue to do so. This hotel is VERY 1980's Hilton, very basic rooms. The quilt covers were dirty, obviously not changed after every guest but the disgusting thing is there was no top sheet, so you had to sleep with a quilt cover that had clearly been over other bodies, yeuk. I'd have rated the sleep quality as excellent but for the filthy doona cover. The shower recess was covered in mould. The carpets old, worn & dirty in the room & public areas. The beds were awesome though, perfect bed, perfect pillow, but a dirty cover & not made properly, sheet wasn't tucked in neatly, valance was crooked. It lacked any kind of finesse or basic cleanliness. The first day they didn't even make up our room & at 4.30pm I had to ask for the beds to be made. The food supplied for lunch at the conference was awesome & lots of choice of healthy tasty foods, but breakfast very very disappointing.... sweet cakes before a long conference day ?. And NEVER have I had a hotel take $100 from my credit card on check-in for incidentals.. I travel extensively & have had hotels swipe my card, but to take money out before I spend it is cheeky & rude. I wouldn't stay there again & hope that future conferences in Adelaide are arranged at a better hotel. It's also a long way from the night spots of Adelaide, too far. Very noisy location with a tram terminal outside. Double glazing might keep some of the noise out, but they don't have it. Drapes... were curtain lining only, 2 layers of curtain lining but no actual drapes. There were see-through curtains too that hung crooked & didn't close properly. They don't care about the appearance of the rooms, simple as that. Definitely not 5 star, more like 2-3 star.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear mskatie1959,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was pleased that you found the bed very comfortable however concerned to read of your disappointment in other aspects of your room during your stay. The duvet is made with the sheet attached to it therefore it is replaced when the room is refreshed after every guest. This is a Hilton brand standard which you will find at all Hiltons all over the world. A top sheet can be requested through Housekeeping at any time if you would prefer.

I appreciate your positive comments in regards to the food supplied at your conference. Our chefs strive to provide a nutritious and tasty breakfast using fresh local produce and I apologise that you were not satisfied on this occasion.

Please rest assured your credit card is only swiped on check in as a guarantee and held for incidentals but it is not processed until check out when organising payment. I apologise if this was not explained properly at the time.

I am pleased to say we are in the process of a rolling renovation program upgrading all the guest areas of the hotel.

I hope you will allow me the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide in the future where you can enjoy the upgraded rooms.

Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This week we had today a couple of days at the Adelaide Hilton. We had a Junior Suite which was certainly acceptable, quite clean and comfortable. The mini bar obviously lacked things. Limited snacks at all,and worse still, no spirits. There were mixer drinks which was fine if you were a young person but not made for the more mature person. We arrived after 9.30pm and found the room service food after 10.00pm very limited and not that desirable. Staff throughout the whole two days were very good, but unfortunately breakfast at the Club Lounge left a lot to be desired, as did the buffet breakfast downstairs (which actually was worse). The canapés in the evening were also not the least desirable. We stay mostly with Hilton and this was certainly not up to their standard.
I will certainly be staying with Hilton when required, but with the Adelaide Hilton. Great staff, very as poor food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear PerthJuney,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was pleased that you were happy with your room however I apologise that the mini bar was not up to the standard you expected.

We have recently updated our room service menu and due to demand we have included some healthier options. Your comments will be passed to the Executive Chef for consideration.

I appreciate your feedback in regards to the breakfast in the Executive Lounge and also in the Brasserie Restaurant. This will be investigated by my management team to ensure Hilton Brand standards are adhered to.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our 2 week stay at the Hilton Adelaide in South Australia couldn't have been more perfect. The staff was wonderful and helpful in all ways, our room on the 16th floor was lovely with a spectacular view of the city and the sea beyond, and the breakfast provided us with our stay was outstanding. The hotel is on Victoria Square right in the middle of Adelaide and is a short tram ride to Glenelg or Rundle Mall, the University of Adelaide and numerous other attractions. The tram was right across the street from the hotel, and I utilized it fully! The only thing I would change would be their workout facility which had dated machines and one had to look right into the sun while working out.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better and facing west toward the sea and the sunset.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shakti1902,

Thank you for your positive comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the team very helpful.

We are very fortunate to be in the hub of Victoria Square close to the popular restaurants on Gouger Street, China Town and with easy access to the tram and I am pleased you were able to utilise this.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the gym facility which will be taken into consideration.

New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were on the 14th floor with a very comfortable bed and large bathroom with bath and large shower. Nice complimentary toiletries.
Well stocked mini bar and snacks - Just as well as room service not available until 5.30. Pool nice and clean with ample towels, Gym has basics.
Would stay here again.
Airport taxi was $20 au for two and luggage.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NicollaGregory, General Manager at Hilton Adelaide, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear New Zealand Gypsy,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Hilton Adelaide.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with your room and facilities.

Our Room Service list is quite extensive and includes healthy options and items available 24 hours. I am glad you were able to utilise the pool and gym during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Adelaide.

Hilton Adelaide

Been to Hilton Adelaide? Share your experiences!