I booked a park view balcony room, only to find that the balcony was shared by the adjoining room. Some rooms have private balconies but I was told there wasn't one available. I was concerned about sharing a balcony, in terms of security and privacy, but stayed on after I was told the adjoining room was unoccupied and they would do their best to keep it that way on the second night of my two night stay. There was only a heavy curtain and if privacy had been wanted no natural light would be able get in.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet, even though facing a busy road. It could have been a nightmare if there were noisy people next door and they had their balcony door open. The air conditioner was on the noisy side when it cut in, and the motor is on the balcony.
My one dinner in the restaurant was fine, as was breakfast. The hotel is not in the heart of things and it is a good 10 minute walk to the city centre. As always, I found the Rydges staff to be very obliging.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges South Park Adelaide Hotel Adelaide
- Rydges South Park Adelaide Hotel
- Rydges South Park Hotel Adelaide
- Adelaide Rydges South Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the parklands with views of the Adelaide Hills; near the beach & the wine growing regions of the Clare & Barossa Valleys. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Olotels, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Rydges South Park Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.