“Good Vegetarian Selection, Good Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
adelaide
“Good Vegetarian Selection, Good Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had long looked forward to going to this restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised when I did. It has a good selection for vegetarians from a wide South Eat Asian range, and I had trouble choosing, which sadly isn't always the case in places like this. Two of us had for entree the cold roll, which is one big cold roll, with grated carrot, rice noodles and possibly something else but it is rather drowned in soy sauce, and I would have preferred a separate dipping sauce for that- the other person with us had the chicken spring rolls and the chicken Tom Kar soup and liked them a lot. For main I had a very good Thai Green Curry, rich and hot and creamy with the right blend of finely sliced zucchini, bits of broccoli and red chilies; the other dishes ordered were a Thai chicken one and a Beef Madras, both voted excellent. We brought our own Rose and went home for dessert but I would like to return and check out more of their offerings. SErvice is fast and efficient and it's a really good place overall.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London
“Laksa - close your eyes and you are in Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I spoke with the owner and asked how come the Laksa was so good. She told me that it's the same recipe she used when in Singapore and it honestly tastes amazing! The starters were so so but the laksa as a main is the way to go - superb!

Visited May 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Average food and a ripoff proprietor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I went here with a visiting friend. We ordered a couple of takeaway dishes from the proprietor. He was very friendly, chatting to us about his time spent in the town my friend was from. We were chatting all the while as the proprietor rang up the bill. My friend shouted the meal and we took the takeaway menu with us. Afterwards glancing over the menu I realised we had been ripped off. He had charged us more than $10 each for two small bottles of Mountain Fresh juice that we got with our order. I didn't say anything to my friend because I didn't want to cast a pall over an otherwise great weekend, and the food wasn't good enough for me to think it was worth raising the issue with the proprietor later, because I don't intend to go back. The only reason to go here would be if you don't think it's possible for anyone to stuff up pad thai - come and find out. The "fresh fish of the day" curry was also rather questionable. A disappointing and bland experience when I was trying to show off the great lifestyle and food that is usually the standard in Adelaide.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The staff are fantastic, the food is beautiful and the atmosphere is great. I love the green thai chicken curry, but there is plenty to choose from here, no matter if you like a mild curry or a really hot one. A lovely night out eating! Check it out when you are next in the area.

• Visited November 2011