“Good Place In A Nice Area” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Pasadena, California
“Good Place In A Nice Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place is located on Rundle Street in Adelaide's East End which is full of bars and cafes in converted buildings such as old warehouses from the 1800s. The area is just east of Rundle Mall which is Adelaide's pedestrian-only main shopping street. This place has great salads and the best calamari salad we have ever had.

This place is very busy but we have always managed to get a seat on the sidewalk patio. Despite some negative comments below I think the staff does a good job given the volume of business. We come here every time we are in Adelaide.

Visited December 2012

68% Recommend
Brisbane, Australia
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was recommended by a friend. I was a little put off by the fact that you needed to go up to the counter to order your meal but it's not a big deal. The servings were massive and the food was pretty good. It's not the best Italian that I've tasted but I did enjoy the meal. We made the mistake of ordering an entree which was a flat pizza with bonconcini, tomato and basil. It was delicious but far too big to eat that and try and fit in the main as well! Get in early or a little bit later though as it's a popular restaurant and tables fill up fast!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Much like most of the cafes on Rundle street, you dont very good service.
the food is average and all they are interested in are getting people through as quickly as possible

Visited April 2012
Sydney, Australia
2,062 reviews 2,062 reviews
1,194 restaurant reviews
“Lots of food, good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We got off to a bad start when I rang and tried to make a booking and he gave the "no bookings" policy statement.
As I was only in Adelaide overnight, I didn't want to walk too far and find we couldn't get in but we tried it anyway.
You pick your food, go the counter and order and within minutes huge bowls of food turn up.
I ordered a small pasta and a veal scallopine, my friends ordered the anti-pasta and ravioli, each dish was twice the size of what we would normally eat.
Little focus on fine dining but if you are hungry this is the place to go.
Noisy fun atmosphere and the wines are incredibly good value - chose one of my old favourites, Leconfield Cabernet at half price I have seen in other restaurants.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic Cafe bar for any time of day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Great place to visit on Rundle Street whether you just want a coffee or something more substantial.

I tried several dishes over a number of visits and was never disappointed. Pasta is great and comes in a large bowl and pizzas are equally as good.

My only negative is that the wine glasses are too small (not the amount of wine). They serve it in small glasses filled to the top however I would much prefer a large glass that is three quarters full - just my personal preference.

Overall though a great place & would definately go back.