“BRILLIANT, DELECTABLE, WORTH EVERY PENNY” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Adelaide, Australia
“BRILLIANT, DELECTABLE, WORTH EVERY PENNY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Years ago, Parlamento was a small place across the road from the Central train station in ADL. The food was always good. Now it is a newly renovated, modern looking place with a fantastic menu to boot. I seriously could have eaten here every night of the week if it were not located in the downtown area. I ate here twice and the chef didn't disappoint, consistent in both quality and portions, you won't be disappointed to eat here. The first night my kids had Penne with Butter and Parmesan as well as the Spaghetti Bolognese. The servings were generous and filled their bellies. The chunks of meat in the bolognese sauce were a treat for him. I am more of a traditionalist and ate the Spaghetti Puttanesca - which was out of this world. Heavenly!
The next visit my son decided he wanted to have the Veal Shank special and ate every morsel. I should mention he is 10 years old and didn't want to leave a lick of sauce on the plate because it was so good. The wine selection is fairly priced and you can choose either by the glass or a bottle. We simply didn't have room for dessert but I would love to stop in again as I pass through ADL again next time. You deserve to eat here and savor the wonderful food that is served at Parlamento. MANGIA!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Spain
“Fantastic coffee and great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We recently ate at Parlamento and found the food to be great - tasty main course with perfectly cooked vegetables( ie not overcooked). Excellent coffee and friendly, helpful staff. Don't forget to try their affogatos with amaretto- to die for!!!
A very enjoyable experience!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“The best Marinara in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I visited Parlamento on the weekend.
I had been to Parlamento’s in the past however this time the food was far superior to previous visits (mind you my last visit would have been a year ago!).
I had the seafood marinara with the spaghetti swapped for penne for main and it was fantastic! There was plenty of seafood and the staff were very obliging when I swapped the pasta type to penne. My fellow diners had beef and veal and they were extremely satisfied with their meals. All our meals were tasty and large in size.
The only small issues I found was that the wait staff was not consistently attentive and the cost of the mains were fairly pricey, but that might be because of the proximity to the casino and the theatre?
Overall though, a good experience and I would happily go back just for the Marinara! YUM!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
ADL
“Old Favourite Returns”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Parlamento was a quintessential Adelaide Italian experience when i was much younger.
Then they closed! No fault of their own, the buildings owners went broke during the GFC.
Now they are back. I love the new look, but thankfully everything that took me back time and time again previously is just a good now. The service, the food and the ambience are all as I hoped when we returned to try out the new Parlamento. The staff will help narrow down a choice and also recommend a wine or should I say Vino to go with the food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Go with an empty stomach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Parlamento was one of a few restaurants open during our trip to Adelaide over Easter on Good Friday and we decided to give it a go. We didn't realize their portions were HUGE and ordered more than enough food for 4 people with my husband! Their antipasto platter was piled high with prosciutto & melon, arancini, mozzarella balls, frittata, sliced ham etc! The pastas were ok, nothing to write home about but again, BIG portions!

Visited April 2013