“For the Young and Young at Heart” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 103 Activities in Adelaide
More attraction details
Owner description: All inclusive bus tours featuring Australia's most exciting and iconic destinations: the Barossa Valley wine region, Kangaroo Island, the Great Ocean Rd & Grampians, Flinders Ranges, Outback and Red Centre. Especially designed for the youth, backpacker, adventure traveller, who want fun informative adventurous trips. Knowledgeable and passionate tour guides, who understand the history, culture, people, landscape, flora and fauna of the places you’ll visit. These culturally aware tours have been endorsed with accreditation in Eco Tourism and Tourism Business.
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
33 attraction reviews
“For the Young and Young at Heart”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I took two Groovy Grape tours (Great Ocean Road and Kangaroo Island) and was fortunate that both tours had a mix of ages as I am a bit older than I expected the others to be. I really thought I was going to be with a bunch of teens or 20 somethings, and that just wasn't the case. The tours are backpacker class tours and the accomodations are hostels so you will be sharing a room with several others. Some of the accomodations were much better than others. The hostel on the Great Ocean Road tour by the Apostles was pretty rough. But, the hostel in Halls Gap was fantastic. The hostel on Kangaroo Island but Hanson Bay has real potential if the rodent problem gets resolved. Penny did a great job with the food on the Kangaroo Island tour. Everybody pitched in to get a great meal on the table. Be forwarned that if you do the Kangaroo Island tour, you will probably be required to carry some heavy load as all provisions need to be transferred on and off the ferry. It would be too much for a single guide to handle on their own. I was actually surprised at how much the guests needed to do on that tour as it wasn't the case on the Great Ocean Road tour. Maybe it should be better advertised as interactive. It was no big deal and it seemed that everybody enjoyed the communal atmosphere -- just unexpected. On both tours we saw an abundance of wildlife in natural habitat. All in all, the places each tour went were great, the guides knew their stuff and if you are up for the adventure, you are sure to have a great time.

Visited October 2012
Kristy C, Public Relations Manager at Groovy Grape Tours, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear PARROT57,

Thanks for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you had a good mix of ages in your group and was satisfied with standard of our accommodation providers. We are no longer staying at Hanson Bay Koala Sanctuary on Kangaroo Island and are now at Flinders Chase Farm which offers our travellers both dormitory and camping under the stars options - rodent free.

For most of the tours we do encourage the help of our travellers for various tasks, such as preparation and clean up of meals and loading the kits into the trailer. Most are happy to participate and this promotes positive group dynamics and get's everyone mingling with each other. The ferry transfer on the Kangaroo Island Tour requires us to carry our kits on and off the ferry and if more people help with this mundane task, the quicker we can hit the road to experience action and adventure. We will add this to our marketing material in the future so that our travellers are better informed of this interactive aspect of our tours.

• Polish first
Adelaide
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Going on a Groovy Tour, i wasn't quite sure what to expect but one the day we had the most incredible time. We didn't have to worry about a thing, the guide was knowledgeable and aware of the area and could answer any queries we had. It was awesome to have a guide who knew so much about local culture, one of the girls in my group was an international student so to have someone so knowledgeable about the area and history was brilliant! Thank you so much - next time we are looking for something exciting to fill in time, we will be traveling with you guys!!

Visited August 2012
Dear Samara J,

I am glad to hear you had a great experience on our tour. Our tours are very suitable for international students, with their informative and fun content. Even our Single Day Barossa Valley Tour is a great way for international students who are new to Adelaide to get their bearings, learn a bit about the local history and culture and taste some of Australia's best wines.

Leuven, Belgium
“Crossing borders in Australia with Groovy grapes, THE way the go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was worked in Adelaide, SA for 2 months and wanted to visit as much as I could during my stay here, at a low cost (I'm a student from Europe). After having compared all different possibilities and tour operators, I chose for the famous 'package deals' that Groovy grape offers at very reasonable prices.
Whether you are traveling through Victoria, SA and NT or are based in one of these states, the package deals provided offer you an efficient, economical, ecological and excellent way to make it all happen and get the most out of your time and trip through Australia!

My best experiences with this association were the younger (backpacker) public and the local guides that show you what this country and it's nature and wildlife are really about. I'm especially grateful for having guides Dave on the KI trip and Tom on the 'Rock 2 water' trip. Also the Barossa day tour with guide Nari was a delight and a perfect way to end my stay here.

Groovy grapes cooperates with other tour operators in WA and NT, so travel beyond Alice springs, Adelaide and Melbourne can be combined with this amazing package deals.

I enjoyed every second of it, and hope that others will discover it's superiority in guiding you through Australia as well! Lucas

Visited August 2012
Dear Lucaswauters,

Thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to hear that you took advantage of the great savings on our Package Deals, by booking a couple of tours at the same time and seeing the best Southern, Central and Western Australia has to offer.

Our guides are most certainly our best asset and the knowledge they share with their groups is detailed and interesting. They are specialists in the regions they travel through and know all about the history, culture, landscape, flora and fauna of the places they visit.

6 attraction reviews
“1 day baross valley winery tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We did the one day barossa valley winery tour and all I can say was that it was worth every cent! We only had 11 people on the tour, we got picked up at 8am and we then went to a couple of sights and then onto the wineries!

In all there were 4 wineries that we went to at the second one we had an amazing lunch that was provided by the tour.

The whole day was full of friendly and helpful people. All of the people at the different wineries were very informative about all of the wines they were talking about and had no problems in giving us some extra tries as we were a little bit confused with what wines we wanted to buy.

Would certainly recommend this tour to anyone

Dear Sarah P,

Thanks for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our Single Day Barossa Valley Tour. It is a great value for money way to experience the Barossa Valley, with all tastings, lunch and transport included. We visit a good variety of wineries from the world renown Jacob's Creek to a much smaller family owned winery, Kies. We also visit Seppeltsfield with their fortified range, so you can get a taste for all the styles and varieties the Barossa Valley has to offer. For the novice wine drinker, this tour allows them to recognise what variety and style they like best.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I took Rock to Water. My flight arrived at Alice Springs at 10:40, they accomodated me by picking me up straight from the airport!

Visited June 2012
Dear Tenaya C,

Thanks for your review. I'm glad that you found Groovy Grape to be accommodating. We are able to facilitate pick ups from all accommodation in Alice Springs and the Alice Springs airport for the Rock 2 Water Tour.