“Fantastic Day in McLaren Vale” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 103 Activities in Adelaide
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Adelaide's Top Food and Wine Tours offer small personalised and small group tours to Adelaide and beyond. Visit the famous wine regions of South Australia; Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale, Adelaide Hills or Clare Valley.Take time to explore Adelaide's Central Markets or indulge in a Chocolate Tour.
“Fantastic Day in McLaren Vale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed the McLaren Vale Winery Experience with Danny in late March 2012. Prompt pick up at the exact location we were asked to wait and off to the wineries we headed. Lovely drive and good knowledge of the area from Danny along the way. With just my husband and I on the tour we were able to move on from wineries when we were done and no waiting around. We never felt rushed (as we did with another tour company) and enjoyed the experience. Lunch was truly amazing along with a lovely glass of wine. My husband enjoyed the beer tasting plate. Danny was a wonderful driver/guide, and we managed to squeeze in 8 wineries (a record Danny thinks). Was a wonderful day out and would recommend it to anyway.

Visited March 2013

“Worth your money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Booked a personalised tour for two to Hahndorf and the Barossa facilitated by the lovely and bubbly Innez. excellent local history knowledge, clearly has a love of the region that oozes from her fun character and charisma. innez, you read us like a book and adjusted our itinerary to suit us in the fly and we loved the micro brewery after the wine tasting just the best day out ever, thankyou Innez, we will definitely use you and recommend your company again, you and your hubby deserve to do well and we'll use you again ourselves when next in Adelaide for another tour hopefully later this year.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great Wine Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had a McLaren Vale tour with Danny, just the 5 family members, prompt pickup, comfortable transport, good insight into Adelaide and district's history. Great vineyards and wines, a delicious lunch and Danny was good company. Thoroughly recommended, will call on you again next time we visit Adelaide.

Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Fab Day Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I did the Connoisseurs Choise Adelaide Central Markets and Barossa Valley tour in mid Jan 2013. A sensational tour. Our guide was very freindly and knowledgable of Adelaides history and also the Barossa. The personal tour of Sepplesfield Winery was just amazing. So much histroy that as a South Australian I never knew. Highly reccommended. The tour for me could have ended a little earlier however as we started at 7.15am and didnt get back to our hotel until 6.30pm. Thankyou guys for a Fab Day Out

Visited January 2013
AdlTopWineFoodTours, Owner at Adelaide's Top Food & Wine Tours, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, the Connoisseur's Choice tour is a very big day, and I am glad that you enjoyed the experience and learnt a little about our Markets and the Barossa Valley.
We apologise for the late finish; unfortunately we have had to deal with Traffic Congestion from Road Closures (for the "Tour Down Under" cycling race in the city and the increased bus traffic due to the train station closure on that day). Luckily, this is short term and it should be back to normal soon.
Edmonton, Alberta
3 attraction reviews
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I joined a McLaren Vale Tour with Danny in December 2012. I understand that he also goes to other wi.e producing areas. I would highly recommend his tour. He clearly enjoys what he does - and it shows. A very relaxed and personable tour. Had a nice group of six people - the perfect size.

Danny was very accommodating with pick up and drop off locations. He made us comfortable on our tour, even providing a bottle of water for guests. He chose a nice variety of wineries which demonstrated the range of cellar doors in McLaren Vale. Thus included smaller boutique wineries which I hadn't heard of, as well as some of the larger and very commercial operations. He also organized a nice lunch for the group just steps away from the vines.

A great day - wouldn't change a thing. I would highly recommend his tour.