“Long waiting for food :-(” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Arya

Arya
Level 1, North Adelaide Village | 81 O'Connell Street, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #342 of 1,387 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Arya Fine Indian Cuisine
Adeliade
“Long waiting for food :-(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I been comeing this place last 5 years , but from last 1 years service going terrible
Such as long waiting
Not enough food
Not a great service

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

It is a very hot night. My friend and I decide to go there on the spur of the moment. I have been before, Food was excellent. I love the kingfish curry, The service was most attentive. I recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Something is not right”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant many times and I returned in January 2014. I can't help wondering if it has changed hands.

The food was almost bland; not what I had previously experienced, the service was almost disinterested (especially when I commented about the food) and the waiter could not operate the credit card machine correctly.

It's off my list.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I booked in advance for a birthday dinner. There appeared to be no need to book ahead, as the restaurant was not busy at all. We were extremely disappointed with all aspects of the evening.

To keep it short :
- Unprofessional service
- Bland tasting food
- Dreary atmosphere
- Unfriendly staff

It's sad when the cheese naan bread is the highlight of the meal. Couldn't wait to leave.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Worst service ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have dined here before and found everything to be great, however haven't come here for four years. This time the food was really average, it lacked the authenticity of the true Indian cuisine. The service was appalling!!! The first two choices of the wine were out of stock, I asked the waiter to just bring me what he has. At the end of the night the waiter dropped my sunnies off the balcony where we were sitting. For a whole hour we were waiting for him to get them back, as they landed on a mid roof. We were not offered anything to make this experience less appalling, instead he turned the lights off in the balcony, as if we weren't even there! he wouldn't even leave us light. When confronted about this horrible experience he said it was my fault for leaving my sunnies on the table, and expressed how inconvenient it was for him to be running around to get them. Some other customers have overheard this and were shocked themselves. They recommended calling the police to report the damage on my designer sunnies.
For me it wasn't about that thought, an apology and kindness can take you very far. The most shocking part was, when I asked to speak to the owner, he confirmed that he is the new part owner. That really explains the significant drop in the quality of this place. I asked to speak to the previous owner, still a part owner. That is the female owner, who unfortunately refused to come out of her little hiding in the kitchen and refused to speak to us.
I read other reviews and can see that a lot of other people feel the same way. This place won't last...

• Visited December 2013