“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #676 of 1,382 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Fine dining indian cuisine,fully licensed and BYO wine only,take away available and free delivery within CBD Disable Access, modern new restaurant.
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Good food at a good price and prompt service. Bit disappointed when the cocktail we ordered was served in a West End beer glass. Didn't really detract from the food though.

Visited March 2014

Hallett Cove
“Wonderful Lunch and Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

On recommendation from a wine loving foodie, we decided on Bollywood. First impression - spotless dining hall: table settings excellent (very attractive cutlery), Reception was good and we were seated at a mezzanine level overlooking the passing parade in Leigh street.
The menu (takeaway is $2.00 per meal cheaper/ local delivery attracts a $1.00 per meal add-on - very reasonable) is good as is the wine list. BYO 750ml, wine only as well
Good selection of entrees From Samosa at $7 to Tandoori platter at $20.00. Mains including seafood/specials are all under $22.00...but the lunchtime special is $14.90 which includes a main (no specials) a plain naan and rice - how good is that.
We opted for an entree, French Lamb-cutlet, yummy sauce and Lamb Saag, naan, rice and 2 house wines $35,00.
This eatery is only a 5 minute walk to the Adelaide Casino and Raiway station - so convenoent and excellent value. Staff - good, and they encourage feed-back! Thanks for a wonderful lunch

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, Australia
“Goat Curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is typical of a lot of Indian restaurants - decor was ordinary (for this part of town which is trying to be somewhat upmarket). Service was also very poor - although the young waiter was pleasant enough. Tried the goat curry (for the 1st time) and it was sensational - thoroughly recommended. My only complaint was that there was not enough of it - also seemed to have a lot of bone for some reason.

Visited January 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“It's ok if you like your Indian food mild”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This restaurant is in a great location - Leigh St, a funky little lane just off Hindley. The street was pumping when I came down here last night. I couldn't get into most of the places I wanted to go to - packed to the rafters - so I decided to try here. There was one other customer in the place. So I doubled their patronage when I walked in

The service was nice (well it should be seeing as I ended up being their only customer). I felt really sorry for them. All the other establishments were packed and here they were empty!

The ambience is not that great but for me eating alone I didn't really mind it. I was an absolute pig and ordered way too many dishes (I did make sure I could take home what I didn't eat). I ordered the the veg samosas and mix veg pakora for starters and then veg curry, the Dahl mekhani and an eggplant dish for mains. The samosas were nice and crispy though and not bad. A little bland but I actually don't like my food too spicy so it was fine for me. The pakoras were ok.

All of the main dishes I ordered were "nice" as in reasonably tasty and not hot but I would say for real Indian food aficionados definitely not spiced enough and I guess, yes a tad bland. I didn't mind though. Suited me fine and I took what was left home with me.

I don't whether to recommend this place or not. On the one hand it's a "safe" Indian food experience for those of us who don't like food too hot. I just think with all the other lovely food options on Leigh St, maybe you would only really come here if you were hanging out for Indian food. It would be good for large groups - plenty of space!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Sydney, Australia
“Lacklustre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Probably being an ex pom, and lover of Indian food, meant expectations were more than is easily found here. The sauces were watery, the rice too starchy, and menu limited. Ambience very average. Felt like 1960/70 Indian experience. Sad.

Visited November 2013