“Great Value and Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Adelaide
“Great Value and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I may never have tried it had not been for the Groupon voucher but I am glad we did. Our first visit last month was without fault. Excellent service and the steamboat for 2 was more than we could eat. We revisited last week and experienced the same attentive service and the steamboat was more than enough for the 3 of us this time! We loved the wontons! Would recommend as a meal for most occasions and will definitely be back.

Adelaide, Australia
“impeccable meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My sister and I ate here last Thursday for the first time. We had the rare beef salad (some of the most tender and delicious beef I've actually ever had) and the sugarcane prawn roll your own. Also delicious. I had the black sticky rice with mango for dessert. The rice was marvellous but the mango was a bit crunchy, but then it's not really mango season yet.
The decor is lovely and the service was good.
Nothing to complain about really. I'll be going back.

• Visited September 2012
Cairns, Australia
“Sugarcane - Adelaide's great Vietnamese Tucker!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were running late from a meeting and wanted to eat here - phoned ahead and they kept the Kitchen open even though we arrived even later than planned

Staff incredibly attentive and efficient

Food exceptional

Had previously read some mixed reviews including concerns regarding authenticity, however my experience was very positive

Great Food, real Vietnamese Chef

Excellent all round

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious cheap food with great atmosphere and service - highly recommend!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was staying at a nearby hotel on a business trip. Walked past this restaurant and thought it looked just lovely. Went there by myself and nearly fell over at the prices - it is so incredibly cheap!! My food wasn't perfect but it was incredibly tasty. I had dim sum with a delicious dipping sauce that you can tell is freshly made (although the dim sums aren't). My second entree of quail was pre-prepared and then grilled (hence slightly tough), but the marinade was just delicious. Touches like the lemon water bowl to rinse fingers went a long way. My spicy, sizzling chilli chicken main was gorgeous, hot and delicious. Loads of fresh chilli and everything in it was fresh. The wine list was also very reasonably priced. The staff were exceptionally friendly and the food was delicious.

On going back I'd probably stay away from the quail or duck on the menu as it must have been prepared earlier in the day, but was very happy and you can't complain about the price.

• Visited July 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Yumm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Takeaway back to our hotel after a long weekend of eating and drinking. This was just what we needed - fresh and tasty, friendly staff and lovely local wine.

Visited June 2012