“Good choice in Hahndorf” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #239 of 1,390 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good choice in Hahndorf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice Asian style food, well cooked and beautifully presented. Reasonable prices. Well situated on the high street with nice outside tables.

Native Valley, South Australia, Australia
“Great food, great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My friend and I,(who can only ever catch up on the occasional Friday), came across this lovely restaurant and decided to have lunch there & a catch up. We had an amazing meal, with great service & a beautiful & private atmosphere where we could chat and have a private space. As our lunch came to an end and as the restaurant was ready to close to prepare for the evening meal, my friend & I apoligsed for letting the time slip away on us and offered to leave so that they could prepare for the evening rush. The owner turned the door sign to close & told us we could stay as long as we liked to continue our conversation as long as we didn't mind them having their staff meeting at a nearby table. As it was a horrible day outside we took him up on his offer and stayed for a while. During this time the service never stopped, with the owner asking us to join him at his table and giving us the opportunity to sample local wines & more of the scrumptious food available at his restaurant. It was a great afternoon, a catch up with my dear friend and also the confirmation that community spirit and customer service is still alive & well..... Well at least in the Mustard Seed Restaurant anyway. We have been back several times since this first visit and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the lovely township of Hahndorf and also to those looking for a great place to wine & dine with a beautiful warm and friendly atmosphere.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth
“Give it a miss”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Boring tasteless food. Lacked flavor. Dahl was bland. Give it a miss. Not quite sure if it is authentic Indian or not

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We chose this one on a very wintery evening and were so happy with our choice.
We began our meal with Thai spring rolls, which we loved. For mains we each chose a dish, called Thali Meal for One. We had a choice of a curry, and a naan bread from the entire menu. It also came with daal, rice and a little salad (have a look at the photo).
I chose lamb rogan josh with chicken tikka daal and my husband chose butter chicken with plain naan.
We were in raptures - such a great way to eat Indian.
We drank a McLaren Vale rose and were provided with complimentary (huge) papadams on arrival.
I would definitely go back to this one.
Service was friendly and welcoming, which seems to be the thing in SA :-)

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Treated like an idiot !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

People who live locally can be the the ones who see the overall consistancy of a restaurant. This has been without doubt my favorite dining establishment in the Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf. I have prieviously praised this establishment on this site. I dined there this evening and for my meal I chose two entrees for my meal.I had the mixed entree and the chicken satays. The mixed plate would have better had it not been drizzled with sweet chilli sauce (the type you get with wedges and sour cream) Surley better served on the side if one chose to dip ? The satay sauce was disgusting. It had the shiny/plastic /artificial sweetner taste of a bottled sauce. I have cooked comercially and as a Mum and I know the difference.When I questioned it's origins I was told that the kitchen said it was made on premises and may just so happens taste like one in a bottle! Just because you are taking short cuts, not all customers are idiots. Would have been more believable if the Chef had have chosen to speak to me and discussed recipes? Not good enough not with two Indian Dining establishments in such a small town ! You could have at least added some crushed peanuts or peanut butter to try to fool your customers at least ! No peanuts is a dead giveaway !

Visited April 2012