“Great lil pub ” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #303 of 1,378 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pizza & Pasta, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Coffee & Tea, Drinks, Dessert, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A cultural icon of Adelaide, the Union Hotel has been in constant service since 1855. The hotel has established itself as one of Adelaide's most unique boutique hotels. Catering to a wide variety of tastes, the Union Hotel delivers outstanding customer service, amazing restaurant meals and a stunning visual environment. The restaurant menu ranges from traditional pub plates to masterful modern Australian creations. The food served at the Union is of the absolute highest quality and the continuous rave reviews tell the story... You won't find more beautiful food in any pub in Adelaide.
“Great lil pub ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stopped across the road at The Grand Ranezvous so us popped across for a quick meal.
Great to see that the staff willing to change the Tv from AFL for NRL patrons didn't even seem to notice.
Ordered a peach Bellini not quite Jamie Oliver's but OK.
My husband thought Ranga tang red ale was a nice drop.
The pizzas where just stunning the BBQ (pork belly apple slaw & more) and I had a prosciutto pear and Gorgonzola best pizza in Adelaide maybe...
Good on Adelaide such a delightful and surprising stay.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great food - walked in off the street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We were tired and needed something to eat after a long day traipsing around Adelaide. The union was a really pleasant surprise. We had a really nice meal and a bottle of wine in the restaurant (at the rear). Friendly staff and a nice atmosphere - a good pit stop before going on to see some more of the Adelaide night life.

Visited January 2014
adelaide
“oh Adelaide how I love thee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

after some terrible dining experiences on holiday in the Gold Coast it was such a relief to come home to our Adelaide.

We stayed at the Rendezvous Grand for one night as a treat after the Queens Of the Stone Age concert - the next day we decided on lunch across the road at the Union - good choice.

My partner got the pork schnitzel - 8/10 - a little grizzly but the taste was lovely. cooked well crumbs were light and crunchy and the cranberry sauce complimented it.

I got the Mexican style salad - 7/10 - excellent flavour balance but too many corn chips for my taste but that was easily fixed by simply leaving them aside.

NOW THE REAL TREAT - OYSTERS IL DIABLO! oysters are hard - cooks seems to always overcook Kilpatrick style but not these guys! VERY happy with the style and flavour

OVERALL We will go back and I would recommend you try it out - i have had wedges there before in the bar and been with other people who have had meals and have been just as satisfied.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Qld Australia
“When is a pint not a pint?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Order a pint and you will get a pot. Order an imperial and you will get a pint. How is this meant to work? Had a great pizza though which was much cheaper than advertised because I chose to eat in the ar rather than the restaurant. Good work!

Visited March 2014
Australia
“Great for a drink, would not recommend food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have eaten here a few times & the food has never been very good but after this week I would not choose to eat at The Union again - I ordered a burger & asked for no onion - after eating part of it realised that they had added onion (eating onion makes me ill, not impressed). Great pub for a drink, nice atmosphere though

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Piers S, Owner at Union Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear LittleVeggie

Thank you for your feedback. We take all food allergies very seriously. I have investigated your complaint :
It is my advice that a Union Burger was ordered without onion which I have confirmed through our POS system. Please be advised that the Union Burger does not have onion in it although it is in the pattie. The head chef sent a waitress out to inform you that there is onion in the pattie to which you responded would be fine. I’m therefore surprised to read that there was onion in the burger.

If you would like to call me to discuss I would be happy to take your call. 8231 2144.

Thank you.