“A long drive but well worth it” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Afghan
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Adelaide, Australia
“A long drive but well worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately Parwana is a long way from our house but we finally made the trek out there and it was well worth it. Service was good and the décor was basic but interesting. What really makes this place though is the food - we were a group of 6 so had a plate of just about everything and it was all delicious. Our favourites were the eggplant, the lamb kebab and the mantu. We also tried both of the homemade icecream flavours for dessert and they were both very tasty - better than the standard vanilla or chocolate at other places. I'm already planning our next visit here!

84% Recommend
Melbourne, Australia
“Hidden gem in Adelaide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Family run restaurant. Decor and fit out is basic, but the warmth, sercice and food is fabulous.
The food style is lighter than it looks, really fresh and aromatic.
Make sure you order the dumplings, they're amazing.
Plus it's BYO, with a small corkage fee

Visited January 2013
Wallaroo
“Afghan food definitely worth considering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This unpretentious restaurant simply has good fresh tasty food. Lots of interesting tastes. The waiters were helpful and honest with a sense of humor. We shared a number of dishes and enjoyed them all. Lots of vegetarian options but the 'eat meat' males were still happy.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide South Australia
“Order the desert Falooda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was listening to Adelaide's 5AA's 1395 talk back radio host Amanda Blair when I heard her mention her first visit to Parwana in 2010/2011 & the first 20 callers that wanted to sample the menu were invited to call the radio station. I hadn't eaten there b4 & was't sure how my fussy husband would take it so I took my friend. We thoroughly loved it so we checked out the menu & decided we would drag our husbands along & it has become our favourite. Despite our home being 45 minutes away, after work my husband often gets our favourite take away one particular night a fortnight, the rice (without the orange peel, although that is still nice) the eggplant (oh my oh my) & steamed dumplings AND he orders a Falooda desert while he waits, I only wish he could bring one home. Service once was slow but the servers are lovely & the same familiar faces. Time is precious but love, laughter & comfort food rock my world more.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Adelaide, Australia
“Who would have know this would be such a great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant looks plain from the outside, but inside it was a busy quaint little restaurant.
The staff were so friendly, and the food was delicious. The flavours were amazing - the dumplings were the highlight. The spices and flavours in the food was just great. Will definitely go back!