“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Adelaide

You added Crowne Plaza Adelaide to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Adelaide
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for two nights just last weekend. We found the facilities and the service outstanding, the location excellent and the breakfast was the best! Would highly recommend this hotel to others planning a stay in Adelaide for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: An upgrade to a balcony room for the view was worthwhile.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear BMatthews2013,

Thank you so much, I am thrilled you found the facilities and the service outstanding, the location excellent and the breakfast was the best - we really do aim to ensure our guests love our hotel as much as we do!

Hope we see you again very soon.

Linda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The friendly and helpful staff were fantastic. Vehicle parking options are either off street parking if you can find it, car park-expensive or valet parking, which at $32 for 24 hours was reasonable and most convenient but costly if you are staying for a period of time, but I must add the valet parking option that we chose was a perfect service. Upon arrival we were told that there was a problem with our room (booked as two doubles due to two queens apparently being unavailable)and would a double with a foldout for our teenage daughter be suitable. We said it would not and somehow our room became available again. We had booked a deluxe balcony room but I don't think there is a big difference between standard and deluxe so it may not be worth paying the extra. Rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable and the shower was wonderful, soaps shampoos etc were actually quite decent but a toothbrush is not provided. Upon returning late at night to go in the elevator to my room, I did not feel comfortable with taking the elevator with an intoxicated man but a front desk staff member happily escorted me safely to my room. Pool/spa area is compact but lovely. We would have enjoyed the buffet breakfast but the package price to include this was unreasonable. All in all a lovely place to stay but pricey for what it is.

Room Tip: Lovely view from 14th floor looking south to the hills
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Clarky2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am really pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. I'm sorry if there was confusion with your room type, we offer a choice of either two double beds (they are a good size) or King beds in our rooms so there may have been some confusion around offering Queen sized beds.

I am very pleased our staff escorted you to your room, ensuring our guests are safe is very important to us.

I do hope you and your daughter had a lovely weekend.

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our recent stay at Crowne Plaza was a lovely experience. From the moment our taxi arrived and we were enthusiastically greeted and assisted with our luggage, to the moment we left, I have to say that this was the best service we have ever had at an Australian hotel. All the staff were extremely helpful and very eager to assist with information and directions. I don't think we have ever seen so many genuine smiles on the faces of hotel staff. And the birthday card and wine awaiting us in our room was a fabulous touch. A hearty congratulations.

I would also say that the buffet breakfast that was included in our stay, was one of the best we have had, including the very well made lattes. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the barista made coffee was not an additional charge.

The room itself was clean, modern and very comfortable - shame we didn't have a very good view, but we didn't come to Adelaide to sit on the balcony, so not a big deal.

We would definitely stay again on any future trips to Adelaide.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear ClarkiesBrisbane,

I am delighted you enjoyed your weekend in Adelaide with us and that you felt welcomed by the team. I really do believe we have an incredible team of people who want our guests to feel welcome and valued so I am always extremely proud when they are acknowledged for their efforts.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed breakfast and we do have a few great baristas at the hotel.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Crown Plaza made my business trip to Adelaide very easy. All that you'd expect from a Crown Hotel delivered within a relaxed yet professional environment. The service was efficient and friendly, great breakfast with the option to MYO fresh juice a nice touch. Comfortable beds and a good health club help to keep you in the same routine you have at home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Cliff T,

I am very happy to know that we made your business trip to Adelaide very easy. We do try to offer a relaxed yet professional environment so I am delighted this is how you felt.

The MYO fresh juice is very popular and I hope does assist in a small way with our guests having a great start to their day.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, we really do appreciate the feedback. Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Thankyou fellow contributors for putting me onto this hotel. Excellent position - so central - right in CBD. Staff were friendly. Concierge very pleasant and helpful. We asked for a Deluxe King Room with balcony. Good choice - good space. Requested a corner room but this was not available. A few minor things - slow to check in at reception. Only one person on duty. Annoying to have to wait without any acknowledgement of one's presence. Breakfast great. Great service. Although room service, while tasty enough, was way too expensive. Won't do that again. Would stay at this hotel again - mainly because of central position.

Room Tip: Deluxe king room with balcony, overlooking Hindmarsch Square.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear KateHepburn,

Thank you so much for giving our hotel a go. I am really pleased you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us and in particular the room you chose. I must apologise for your check-in experience, it is very rare that there is only one person on reception.

We are very fortunate to have such a great location and I do hope this is reason enough for you to return.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Neutral Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had another excellent one night stay here over the weekend.
The location is great & it is a lovely modern hotel, I was upgraded to a room with Balcony & a view of Adelaide which was nice. Room was lovely & spacious with a huge tub & separate shower.
I ordered room service for dinner - a club sandwich which was delivered promptly & all items were hot. I was little disappointed in the meal itself, it wasn't that great but acceptable. I had to call them back to deliver extra condiments & salt/pepper which they did promptly.
One thing that bugs me about this hotel is the terrible pillows they have, I had the worst sleep. I should have remembered to use the pillow menu but completely forgot and when I woke up at midnight with a crook neck it was a bit late to organise! I didn't recall this last time I stayed however this time around I could hear a lot of street noise & I was on the 14th floor!!
I had a great breakfast in the Red Salt restaurant and was given a discount.
Overall an excellent & I will be back again for sure!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear elliechick,

I am delighted to know you had another excellent stay, and I will ensure I share your feedback with the team.

Just let us know next time you are coming what sort of pillow you would like as we can add this to your profile for all future bookings to make sure it is in your room before you arrive - I completely understand how important it is to have a pillow that you like!

We are about to introduce a new menu so I will speak to the Chef regarding your Club Sandwich to see if we can improve this in some way, thank you for the feedback.

Hope you are having a fantastic week and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Standard king room. Simple and functional, nothing particularly stands out. Had a quick drink in the main bar, after a late flight in, bar staff, only too happy to see you and get you sorted with a quick snack and a late evening drink!

Room Tip: 2 views possible from your room, 1 a multi-story carpark, or a broad view of down town adelaide, you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear sneferu,

I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts from your recent stay and I am very pleased to hear that despite just a fleeting visit everything seemed to go OK.

Hopefully next time you will be able to stay a bit longer.

Linda

Been to Crowne Plaza Adelaide? Share your experiences!