“Not the cheapest, but very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BreakFree Adelaide

You added BreakFree Adelaide to your Saves list
BreakFree Adelaide
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Hindley St., Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia (Formerly BreakFree on Hindley)   |
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Adelaide
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Not the cheapest, but very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Not cheap, but spacious, clean, good equipped apartments, more than enough for a family of four. We only stayed for one night, our last in Adelaide, since we had another room reserved for 6 previous nights. But would consider a little bit higher price of this apartment which offered much more luxury - if we new the difference earlier ...
family from Slovenia

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear Kompaski,

Thank you for reviewing Breakfree Adelaide on Trip Advisor.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found the apartments to be spacious and well equipped.

Amy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I booked my room before I'd read any reviews so I suppose I was lucky that things turned out so well. Because I,was travelling with my son and grandson
I requested 3 single beds, this can be a problem for some hotels. No problem here. The room was excellent. After booking I read some reviews about noise problems. I stayed Friday and Saturday night and apart from a rousing rendition of the Richmond theme song from from supporters very happy about the victory over Adelaide, it was pretty quiet. My room was facing Hindley Street but there were no problems. The staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful. I had a problem with the washing machine and they were able to resolve the issue quickly.

I think this hotel is great value for money, I would not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear CricketUmpire,

Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Breakfree Adelaide, i hope that your Son and Grandson also had a great stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review Breakfree Adelaide on Trip Advisor

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I stayed 1 month at BreakFree because of proximity to my student son's accommodation & to the city, and because it allowed a degree of eating independence (choice of my personal kitchen area or nearby restaurants).
I consider it a 3 star hotel, or a 4 star motel in a convenient location. It was what I needed & after confirming for an initial week, I extended thru the full month, so I was clearly happy enough with the setup.
Staff were responsive, rooms were basic, but included the essentials, and the kitchen was obviously important for me, allowing for breakfast in my room & late night snacks of my choosing.
Bathroom was small and included washer/dryer which was in regular use.
Each morning I chose to walk 5 minutes to my sons accommodation & use his car or bicycle, or alternatively walk 5 minutes to the tram stop to ride to rundle shopping mall or close to adelaide university (tram was free within city), or sometimes I just walked to nearby offices or restaurants as required.
On Friday & Saturday nights there can be some noise on the street with nearby entertainment venues and the crowds that visit the city because of the new aussie rules football venue. The hotel fills over the weekend ... room rates go up a little at the weekend. Some times there are unsavory characters outside late at night during these active entertainment periods, but overall was not an issue that bothered me. I had a hindley street facing room (potentially the noisiest), so by requesting a room facing into the courtyard, or a side street, it could be quieter.
My room did have some small ants attracted to the kitchen & bathroom area, but clearly I am reaching to find issues.
Some guests were using the computers provided near reception, and some guests used the ground level car parks available for a fee. There was access to a local gym, requiring a 5 minute walk. I used none of these three options.
I was pleased, it is economic, convenient & allows for some independence.
Adelaide weather had some major cold spells while I was there, so sometimes I just wanted to be rugged up in the room, & the room was certainly warm enough!

Room Tip: rooms away from Hindley Street are likely to be quieter, but the noise was only Fri/Sat & was us...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Gary-L8,

It is so good to hear that you enjoyed your month at Breakfree Adelaide, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit your son.

Sorry the weather was so cold!

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This place wasn't very expensive, but you do get what you pay for. If you don't expect any more than that then you won't be disappointed. The room was nice and clean. Everything we needed, including a nice queen bed, TV (movie channels are extra), kitchenette, bathroom, dining area and a very small balcony.
The staff were lovely and helpful, and the location was fairly convenient, mind you we had our car and didn't use public transport, so I can't help you with that.
Unfortunately, we stayed during some construction works next door, which closed off the main street and made a lot of noise during the day. But, these things happen.

The overall worst thing was the internal noise. The place is extremely echo-y. You can hear people walking along the concrete walkways day and night, and when you are next to 2 rooms of drunken yobbos, the noise carries through the walls and down the halls.

Room Tip: Probably better off getting a room at ground level. Much bigger balcony area and less noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Ash B,

Its dissapointing to hear that the noise from other guests disrupted your stay and that you were further disrupted by construction next door. However, I am happy to report that the street upgrade has now been completed and there are no more construction works.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the staff I will make sure the team hear your positive comments.

Thank you for taking the time to review Breakfree Adelaide on Trip Advisor.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

All staff including house keeping at break free adelaide are extremely friendly, professional and welcoming and are willing to go the extra mile for their customers. Front office manager is an absolutely delightful and shows genuine interest to customer needs. The property is older and I had my doubts when I first booked but the service hands down outweigh that dilemma

• Stayed July 2014
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear SSouthAussi94

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Breakfree Adelaide!

I am very proud of my team here and have made sure they are all aware of your fabulous comments.

Thanks again and I look foward to welcoming you back in the future.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for the V8 Clipsal weekend in 2014. We had the double bedroom. One room with a double bed and the other with 2 single beds.The hotel room was big, comfortable and clean. The shower was for short people. we had to bend our knees to get our hair wet and the pressure wasn't very good. As it was full there was a lot of noise at night from in side the hotel but we couldn't here any street noise. The staff was friendly. the hotel was walking distance to Rundle Mall. we did walk to the v8 track but took 40 mins but there are buses you can catch to and from the track.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Amanda W

Thank you for your review of Breakfree Adelaide on Trip Advisor.

The feedback you gave regarding the shower head is very valuable as we will soon be undergoing a refurbishment of the rooms.

Its great to hear that you found your room to be big, comfortable and clean. I look forward to welcoming you back to Breakfree Adelaide if you return to the V8's again next year.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. Our apartment was clean and well equipped with a small kitchen (full fridge, oven, microwave, kettle, toaster), living area with 3-seat couch, single chair and table for four. Our two boys had their own room with two singles and we had a queen room. We thought the price was reasonable, considering it was a CBD apartment and we saved $$ by cooking in. All rooms were small, nothing flash, but still much better than being in a standard hotel room.
Location is great. Hindley St is known for its bars and 'adult' stores/clubs, but it was always fairly quiet and we felt safe, even with the kids at night. VERY handy to Adelaide Oval for footy, and we found it an easy walk to Rundle Mall and Central Markets, both of which have supermarkets (and great fresh food at the market!). Free CBD transport - bus and tram- are nearby and the front desk were helpful with info.
A few negatives, but these weren't major to us:
Rooms are accessed through outdoor walkways and things got a bit noisy outside with some late-night revellers.
Our room was often missed by cleaning, even though we hung the sign out asking for our room to be made up. Perhaps because we came back at lunchtimes and missed our chance? Had to do the walk of shame to ask for toilet paper :(
Location and fantastic service by all the front desk staff made up for it, though. Recommended.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Louise O,

Its good to hear that you thought our location is great! The free CBD transport does make it easy to get around. I apologise that your room wasn't serviced every day and I will investigate this with my team.

I will make sure the front desk team receive the lovely feedback you provided. Thank you for taking the time to review Breakfree Adelaide.

Amy

Been to BreakFree Adelaide? Share your experiences!