“Great spot, close to everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BreakFree Adelaide

You added BreakFree Adelaide to your Saves list
BreakFree Adelaide
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Hindley St., Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia (Formerly BreakFree on Hindley)   |
Ranked #27 of 55 Hotels in Adelaide
Melbourne, Australia
“Great spot, close to everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at these apartments for 4 nights. On check in the reception were helpful and as we were early advised us to come back later so they could give us a courtyard room (which we had requested following reading reviews.)

On completing check in reception advised us that we had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment, which was a bonus as it meant I didn't need to share a room with my mother. The reception were also helpful in recommending tours, day trips etc.

Although the bedrooms were on the small side this didn't bother us as we only slept in them. Everything else was a great size and having a kitchen and lounge space was really beneficial to us.

The apartments were well furnished, had everything we needed for the 4 nights we were there. We decided to eat in one night and again the kitchen was well stocked with everything you needed to make a home cooked dinner.

There was some noise from the building site next door, but this obviously is not the hotels fault and obviously beyond their control. The workmen started at approx 7am which didn't bother us due to us being reasonably early risers and wanting to fit in full days sight seeing.

Due to us having a court yard room the noise from Hindley St didn't affect us but as a whole the hotel was reasonably quiet.

The only thing it really lacked in my opinion was a pool. After a busy day sightseeing there's nothing better than to plunge in to a refreshing pool, but this is by no means a criticism.

The hotel is close to plenty of eateries, we didn't eat out at them all but enjoyed the food at Marcellinas which is right next door. They also offer the room service to the hotel I believe.

Would definitely stay here again given the price and location. The free bus around Adelaide stops right outside the hotel and is regular through out the day.

Big thumbs up from me!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DARREN W, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Lucylincoln86,
Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay.
It's nice to read you found the 2 bedroom apartment provided everything you needed for your 4 night visit.
Thanks for mentioning the staff service, the Team will indeed be pleased to read your comments.
Sincerely
Darren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I would like to rate these appartments 3.5 as they are neither average nor very good. But as the title says good basic appartments. We, being 4 couples travelling together stayed in 2 two bedroom appartments for 5 nights. The accommodation was sufficient for the eight of us with a little furniture and crockery juggling to cook and dine together The bedrooms are quite small with little room to store the luggage. There was a washing machine and tumble drier in the bathroom. The lounge are had adequate seating and a flat screen TV. The location was within easy walking distance of Rundle Mall, the Botanic Gardens, the River Torrens and a tram stop was also close by. The Indian restaurant on the ground floor was very good. It is worth noting there is a large building site next door which can be heard from some appartments.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Vaclovers,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel and city.
We are pleased to read the apartment you found to be located conveniently and as you mention the Free Tram makes traversing our city nice and easy.
Thanks for your comments regarding the rooms, I appreciate you found the apartments comfortable although a the bedrooms a little smaller than you anticipated.
The Indian restaurant many of our guests truly enjoy.
We hope your travel plans see you return from the UK one day.
Thoona, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

As per the title - small two bedroom apartment secured at a cheap rate over the internet. A little dated, but clean and well kept. Bed was comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful at reception over the two nights we stayed. We had an apartment on the first floor towards the middle, and a little bit of the Friday & Saturday night noise filtered through, but not enough to bother my sleep (although I deliberately closed the windows and used air-con). I have stayed here previously in an apartment facing the street and it was much noisier, so ask for a room at the back if you can. Definately would return and use this as a base for exploring lovely Adelaide...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DARREN W, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Shannon C,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your time with us.
It's nice to read your family enjoyed Adelaide and our hotel again.
Don't hesitate to touch base if a future visit is planned, I would like to personally provide information on more highlights of our city and surrounds to visit.
Regards
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently flew my son to Adelaide as part of a birthday present. Although I’ve visited many times for work, this was my son’s first visit and my first for pleasure, rather than business. Many of the local hotels I usually stay with showed no vacancy on web based booking services, due I suspect to the running of “Tour Down Under” (my ignorance of all things cycling clearly evident by the fact that I scheduled my visit at the same time).

So it was that I ended up booking at Break Free Adelaide.

It was a last minute booking, it was very reasonably priced and I’d never really heard of this place. I expected very little.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Break Free Adelaide offer serviced apartments in a low rise development situated on Hindley street (a mix of bars, restaurants and adult oriented businesses). Approximately 15 minutes easy walk down Hindley will see you enter the CBD precinct and points of interest such as Rundle Mall, Adelaide Festival Centre, Casion and the River Torrens.

Our apartment, a large studio with small balcony on the 2nd floor, was spacious, clean and well ventilated. There was a small kitchenette, a selection of mini bar items (both dry and wet and all reasonably priced) and a compact bathroom. A good quality flat screen television and excellent air conditioning (It was very hot when we were in Adelaide) ensured our stay was comfortable.

This is not, however, a place for one who wants sweeping vistas and opulent public spaces. Most, if not all, the apartments are accessed via open air corridors. Our balcony afforded views of a communal courtyard consisting of plain brick, planter boxes, steel benches and light fittings which gave it the ambience of a government university campus (the prevalence of lycra clad cyclists walking their bikes around the courtyard only added to this impression).

The lobby is modest and affords access to a single lift and stairs to the upper levels. There is an Indian restaurant on the ground floor and many other options within 10 minutes walk down Hindley Street.

The staff were lovely at reception, as too were housekeeping (if not a little too efficient as we received a knock on the door for housekeeping the following morning hours before our checkout time of 10 am).

There are some excellent dining options nearby, with the pizza at Marcellina next door being the pick of the well priced options – a must try.

Checkout was easy, fast and pleasant.

I left feeling I got my money’s worth. This is a good choice for those wanting clean, comfortable lodgings close to town and a nice base to explore what is a very lovely little city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DARREN W, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Jas O,
Thank you very much for your positive comments and very comprehensive review.
It's pleasing to read the many aspects of your visit to our city and hotel that you enjoyed.
I will pass your comments through to our Team.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We had 2 short stays in 2 bedroom apartments with the kids. Staff where more than helpful. Rooms are small but perfectly serviceable. Tram is only 150 metres away and runs every 10-15 min. A few short minutes to rundle mall. Well recommend a stay. Air con kept rooms nice temp.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit.
It's nice to read your comments regarding the Team, I will pass these on.
I am glad you found the tram convenient, it's a great way to traverse the CBD and make your way to Glenelg.
Sincerely
uk vulcan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Agree with others that the location is a bit dodgy - especially further down the road. rooms were fine with good laundry facilities. comfortable beds and a good sleep. Staff are great.
But it gets very noisy outside especially on a Friday night.

Room Tip: get a room that does not overlook the road - you might find sleeping difficult
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

After reading a number of negative reviews I was unsure about staying here but as I was on a work trip and other colleagues were booked in I decided to take a chance.
I had done a little reading and requested an inner courtyard room as suggested by other reviewers. Upon arrival I was greeted by very friendly staff and directed to my room. I found it a little tricky to find where I was going but there were numerous signs and I found my way fairly easily.
The room, although on the smaller side, was perfectly fine for one person. I thought the card, hand written with my name on it, was a nice touch.
As the temp on the day I arrived was in the mid 40's I went straight for the air conditioner - the instructions were easy to follow.
Althought I didn't use them, the washer and drier would be handy for longer stays (although they did make the small bathroom area feel a little cramped).
I took advantage of the Indian meal room service offered by the testaurant beside the hotel and delivery was very quick, and the food delicious.
The one complaint I had was that one of the towels in the bathroom appeared to be stained. I had bought my own towel so it wasn't a problem but if I hadn't had my own I don't think I would have wanted to use it.
All in all the stay was a comfortable one and I would be happ to stay again....in fact I will be booking for my next trip in a months time

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear K T,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you on your return!
Joanne is our Reservations Manager and can be contacted at the property on 1800 882 601, please don't hesitate in asking for Jo to assist with your upcoming stay.
Darren

Been to BreakFree Adelaide? Share your experiences!