“Beautiful building” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Beautiful building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very friendly service! Was just like being at the pub at home! Fabulous meal very warm atmosphere! I would recommend the steak !

Visited May 2014

Adelaide, Australia
“Poor attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Have been to The Archer twice in the last 6 months - once for dinner and again last night for drinks before going elsewhere in O'Connell Street for dinner. We "lucked" upon the same two male staff on both occasions. They couldn't have been less friendly or helpful and made us feel, by our impertinence in placing an order, that we were interrupting their otherwise pleasant working lives. I will never understand this lack of interest, bordering on contempt, in well meaning and well behaved patrons with money in their pockets. Won't be in a hurry to return!

Visited March 2014
adelaide
“Service by bar staff upstsirs made me leave feeling awful.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food was ok they were busy so a little slow but no ones fault. After our meal we went for a cocktail upstairs and was met by the rudest bartender I have ever encounted. My friends ordered cocktails and was treated as if they were not wanted their but worst of all was how i was treated. Being pregnant I asked him if he could make me a mocktail.. he then rolled his eyes at me & said I can have a glass of juice & laughed at me untill I left feeling extremely embarrassed. One bartender ruined our experience

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“The menu sounds better than the reality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

To be fair we were visiting on a day when the Ashes cricket was in Adelaide so it was busy. The staff were helpful and a bar maid said if you can find a seat you can eat but we are fully booked. We found a table had a beer and enjoyed being in a no smoking area but unfortunately some people can't read. We ordered food which arrived in an extremely short time but it was cold, I had chosen warm chicken salad but my companion chose pasta with prawns and garlic that was a poor meal.
We had eaten here before and that time the steak was cold so we should have known.
Maybe try this place on a quiet night it might be good, it certainly is a good position in North Adelaide for the Oval or other events taking place near there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had a meal in The Library and used a slit the bill voucher, didn't realise that we had to have two courses. Still an inexpensive meal. Very good, quite and loved the books everywhere.

• Visited July 2013