“Nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #225 of 1,389 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Raj On Taj Unley welcomes you to Dine-in /Take-away /Delivery.Raj On Taj also caters to all kind of functions.
Aust
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

ate with a large group and the service and food were not compromised. Cold beer on a hot night and prompt food service made it all the more enjoyable.

Adelaide, Australia
“very yummy (and cheap) indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Raj on Taj at unley is the perfect mix, amazing authentic food for a small price, especially take away! Large naan breads, service is ok when dining in. I have been back many times and always impressed

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
australia
“Don't give a mobile number”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had been to the Unley Road restaurant before & the food / service was fine. This time we ordered takeaway for my birthday & my daughter provided the restaurant my mobile number. I had prank text messages for weeks which I finally tracked back to the restaurant!! The kitchen staff thought they were text messaging my attractive 20+ year old daughter - disgusting!! I will NEVER return and hope the owner has disciplined the staff after I complained.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
RAJonTAJ, Owner at Raj on Taj Unley, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear valued customer,

Raj On Taj sincerely apologizes on behalf of one of its staff whom we have terminated immediately.

Once again we appologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Management.
Hallett Cove
“Best of the Twins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

There are 2 Raj on Taj in Adelaide one on Unley road and the other on King William Road. My favourite (Compares favourably with those who have visited Gansh Franchise in Vietnam). The food is excellent and the ambience is very ppleasant from the Al Frsco section to the inside dining rooms. One can observe first hand, the food preparation and easily attract the eye of a pleasant and willing waiter/waitress who will smile and cheerfully tell you about the food and specials: I dont need this the Lamb Saag is to die for.
Pricing is very competetive, service excellent and the BYO charges and liquor prices are not too steep. My friends and relatives also enjoy Indian cuisine, we try other venues but seem to gravitate bake to R on T. Great value, great food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Family Feast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

First time here and we turned up as a family of 6. A little apprehensive as the younger ones view cuisine beyond McDonalds with suspicion. We were made extremely welcome and the courteous service could not be faulted. We ordered a range of dishes to share so that the kids could choose something they liked but all was devoured with enthusiasm. Although I am not a gourmet, this was great Indian food. The prices of most of the dishes also appeared to be significantly cheaper than many other Indians I have eaten at. Great Value !

• Visited December 2012