“Awesome service to match the view” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Adelaide, Australia
“Awesome service to match the view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Went without a booking which I know is silly here. But the staff were awesome sat us in the front bar with our little one. We ordered of the front bar menu and before we got our meals they said a table had become available out back with the views. No probs they still charged us front bar prices and let us use our entertainment card. A fantastic day thanks

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Adelaide, Australia
“Many a visit, and many to come”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The consistency of the food here is great. I can never go past the spring rolls. The menu changes seasonally and there is always a specials board with about 8 choices on it. They service is a little slow and with having to get your drinks from the bar you have to time it so you have a drink before your meal comes out otherwise it goes cold.

The views are really great, i think that is really what keeps us coming back.

• Visited March 2013
Cairns, Australia
“Anything but a pub meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stopped off at this establishment after taking in the sights of Pt Wirlunga beach. From the onset the menu impressed us, as did the relaxed and unpretentious manner of the staff. I never expected to wagyu beef meal with asian salad to look and taste sooo good. My partner order a steak with a confit of onions and celeriac mash - hello, this is the new face of pub food. The selection of meals for vegetarians is also a highlight. We actually spent 3 hours enjoying a long lunch.The tapa's platter- mains and dessert were quality meals and wine list to match.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Abserlutly beautiful in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We quite often go to the victory hotel (Sellicks pub) I've never had a bad meal I always order the eye fillett steak it's amazing my husband gets beef parmy and our son gets kids nuggets they make them fresh there with chicken breast the salads are excellent very fresh with olives Fetta etc and veggies are fresh crisp and delicious I would very highly recommend going its slightly pricier than a regular pub but it's excellent quality service and atmosphere we will definately be back time and time again 10 out of 10 !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Mixed bag.... one time great, one time disappointing!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a well known restaurant down south, close to where I reside in the lovely southern part of Adelaide. Gets booked well in advance even for mid week lunches so get in early otherwise you will be stuck outside.

Ok, I've been here twice for my birthday in two separate years, the first meal was sublime - we had a three course meal consisting of an Asian salad, entrée squid and I had roasted chicken breast with a lovely wine based sauce. Couldn't fault any part of the meal or the wine list and was uber excited to go back last July and eat there again.

This was a Tuesday afternoon and this time we both got entrees and mains which are very pricey, which is fine if the standard is high but unfortunately this time it was not. Neither me or my partner felt it was worth the money second time around, and being my birthday I was uber disappointed given how good it was the first time. I got a lacklustre chicken meal and wished I had gotten a steak, as they looked a bit more appetising than what I had. Wine list is still great, I had a lovely glass of Rochford Alicante, but not sure i'd race back again for another special occasion.

• Visited July 2012