“Terrible treatment!!!!! Cowboys!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Other
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Skydive Airlie Beach and experience sensational coastal views of the Great Barrier Reef, Whitsunday Islands, and North Queensland! Tandem skydive over Airlie Beach with up to three of your friends - and freefall for 60 heart-stopping seconds from the insane altitude of up to 14,000 feet. Who thought skydiving Airlie Beach could be this incredible?
A TripAdvisor Member
“Terrible treatment!!!!! Cowboys!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend booked our skydive with this company as we'd heard Airlie Beach was a great place to sky dive. The morning of the jump, we arrived to the pick up point to be told it was postponed due to weather and that the company would keep us updated. After several texts, eventually the skydive was cancelled due to bad weather. Obviously we were disappointed but we understood that this happens as skydiving is a weather dependent activity. So we returned to our booking agent who told us that there would be no problem getting our refund as it is a common occurrence. Grand we thought, how wrong we were.
We spent an hour and a half fighting for our refund.....even though the company themselves cancelled the jump due to bad weather, they insisted they needed proof of us leaving the country if we weren't gonna jump????? It was so bizarre! our booking agent kept his cool(I don't know how) and repeatedly told them we weren't leaving the country just moving up the coast and that was irrelevant anyway, they cancelled it! This was not getting through. Anyway eventually just to get our refund as we were running out of time, we ended up handing over all our travel documents to Skydive Airlie Beach. So ridiculous but we were running out of time and desperate for our money back.
Horrible treatment of potential customers. They made a simple process very stressful and difficult!!!! Even the booking agent told them they would not book with them again as a result of the ridiculous, frustrating and unnecessary refund process!
Be warned.....DO NOT book with this company.

“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Super awesome... You really can't compare it with anything else! Wayne was an amazing guide, very reassuring and fun! Can't imagine a better skydive-buddy.. And Martijn enjoyed his jump with Andy as well, it was a memorable birthday present..
Thank you guys!

Martijn & Domenique

Visited July 2014
SkydivetheBeach, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Airlie Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thanks for your awesome review! Glad to hear you had a great day with our boys - we'll pass on your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

The Skydive Airlie Beach crew
“Incredible- a memory you'll never forget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Whilst visiting Australia skydiving at Airlie beach was on the top of my to do list! with the incredible views of the Whitsunday Islands and amazing scenery it was the perfect place to jump! Wayne was my instructor and couldn't have asked for a better person to go with he made the whole experience to me unforgettable! Iv never skydived before and was a little nervous when we finally reached 14,000ft but Wayne was professional, made me feel at ease and made me laugh- A lot!! Had the best experience with breathtaking views and a awesome instructor- thankyou Wayne wouldn't of been possible without you!- Drinkies are on!

Visited February 2014
Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your wicked review, sounds like Wayno showed you an awesome time 14,000ft up! We'll be sure to let him know just how much you enjoyed your jump. Come back to visit soon!

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The location and views were incredible. My girlfriend and I did the 8,000ft jump and loved every second of it. Wayne and Eric(I think - he was south african) both great guys that calmed any nerves and made the jump that much better. Would recommend to everyone that comes to Airlie Beach!

Visited July 2014
Thank you for your review! Glad to hear you had a great time with Eric and Wayne, hope to see you both again someday.

Maffra, Australia
“Unforgettable experience & views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have been wanting to skydive for a while now, I finally got the courage up to do it whilst on holidays in Airlie Beach & I am sooo very happy that I completed it. My instructor Wayne was an absolute gem, keeping my nerves at bay & making me feel very comfortable! The views on the plane trip up to 14,000ft were amazing, and even better once you had jumped out of that plane. I would recommend Skydive Airlie Beach to anyone, it is definitely an experience of a lifetime & a great adrenalin rush! Thanks guys, I'll be back :)

Visited June 2014