This was my first trip to Long Island and will be back to stay next time.
We live 6 months in Airlie and 6 months in Melbourne and know the Islands well.
It is a bit as someone said unpolished which I liked.
Its not crowded which is great.
We only had lunch at the Bar pool. Very nice I had Chicken Parma and my husband had the seafood pasta.
We looked at the room and they were nice and clean.
All the staff that we had anything to do with were nice.
This would be a great place to just get away from everything and everyone.
It is a lot different than Day Dream and Hamilton.
Think it would be a great place to stay with little kids as well.
Don't think teenagers would be that happy here.
We will be back.
Plus I was reading some reviews on the food.
Our food was fine but if it wasn't why not say something?
If you don't say anything there can't fix it. Just be nice about.
On the Island the turn over of staff is high so it may be a new cook or anything.
Our food was lovely. Plus pricing was ok as well
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes the perfect holiday? That something special. That magical something that lives on in your memory for the rest of your life. That indescribable feeling where years later you still get a warm fuzzy feeling about your holiday. Long Island Resort in the Whitsunday’s has all the magic that the holiday maker could ever want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Venere and Otel so you can book your BreakFree Long Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Island Hotel Long Island
- BreakFree Long Island Resort Whitsunday Islands, Australia