I read a lot of reviews after I booked our trip to Long Island, and was concerned that I might be disappointed. However I found I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Cruise Whitsunday's got our bags from the plane after we landed at Hamilton Island and loaded them on to the boat for transport to Long island. The Cruise Whitsunday and the airport staff were fantastic at getting us all sorted for our trip to the island. When we arrived at Long Island we were greeted by the friendly Luke who transported us to reception and retrieved our bags, taking them to our rooms. He gave us a run down of facilities and activities as we got checked in and found our rooms.
I found Long Island a fantastic resort for a family trip! Fantastic staff who all went the extra mile to help make our stay enjoyable. Extra special thanks to Nick at the pool bar for his understanding of our special needs (traveling with a child with Autism is a challenge) and always understanding our requests and making us feel that nothing was too difficult.
The rooms were clean and comfy. Bathrooms are fresh and the room on the beach was beautiful.
Food and drink is a little expensive but they do have packaged deals. We spent about $100 a day on food for a family of 4. However we never bought breakfast, we bough some supplies with us.
The activities were great. The kids loved the mini golf and the pool bar. We enjoyed tubing and kayaking. The kids loved feeding the Bat fish in the afternoons.
If I was to give any negative it would be that when you have a lot of single men working at a resort, there are times when the 'family's' come second to the pretty female backpackers. This was disappointing to see a few times and did make me thing that it takes away from the family atmosphere. But on the other side of the coin it was great to see employee's like Nick and Luke engaging with the kids which allows the parents to relax.
This in NOT a five star resort, but it a fantastic 3 stars (maybe a bit more) and with great, friendly staff they certainly win my vote.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What makes the perfect holiday? That something special. That magical something that lives on in your memory for the rest of your life. That indescribable feeling where years later you still get a warm fuzzy feeling about your holiday. Long Island Resort in the Whitsunday’s has all the magic that the holiday maker could ever want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BreakFree Long Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Island Hotel Long Island
- BreakFree Long Island Resort Whitsunday Islands, Australia