Have just returned from a short trip to Hayman Island resort with my guests [Overseas family]
We were given a warm and friendly welcome as we boarded he luxury launch transfer which was the perfect way start to a wonderful sunny holiday. We had a pool access room which allowed us to fully utilise the pool at any time.
We also enjoyed time on the beach, sailing, windsurfing and on paddle boards. In addition we took the Air Whitsunday panorama tour, which was a flight over the Great Barrier Reef, before landing in a lagoon, where we snorkelled. So many fish and such beautiful coloured coral.After the snorkelling we flew to Whitehaven Beach where we walked along the beach looking at crabs and stingrays that were sunning themselves at the waters edge. Overall the wildlife at Hayman and the Reef is amazing.
All the meals were good, although the service at times was not up to the standard set by other parts of the hotel, however all the staff were most friendly.
Hayman Island resort really is a good place to go and relax! There is not a lot to do, but, hey, it's a great place to just relax.
- Also Known As:
- Hayman Great Barrier Reef Hotel
- Hayman Great Barrier Reef Hotel Hayman Island
- Hayman Island Hotel
- Hayman Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant 4-story Beach Resort on picturesque, tropical private island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Hayman Great Barrier Reef reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.