“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Hamilton Island
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

From the moment we stepped off the plane the Qualia staff took care of us. We spent 4 nights in a Windward Pavillion (with plunge pool) which had stunning views from our (very) private pavillion.
We enjoyed champagne on arrival, private beach drop-offs and a sunset cruise aboard Qualia's boat.
The Qualia service was outstanding and nothing was too much trouble.
We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear PBDM_12,

Thank you for the wonderful review of qualia. It's always great to hear from previous guests and the team appreciate the recognition of their hard work as well, so thank you!

I sincerely hope that you don't wait too long until you return to qualia.

697 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Highly recommend Qualia, it is the only destination (resort) my husband and I have ever returned too. We just came back from Qualia after 7 nights of relaxation and beauty. This was our 3rd trip there. If you want to relax, unwind in a private secluded pavillion with all the 5 star treats, Qualias for you. I personally wouldn't stay anywhere else at the whitsundays. Highly recommend the beach drop offs and take full advantage of both pools...most people just swim at pebbles but long pavillion is just as fab.

Room Tip: all rooms are special and private
Dear Jennie G,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage and loyalty. We all love seeing guests return year after year and I've got to say that I'm noticing that happening more and more recently, which is a brilliant sign that we're getting things right!

As you mentioned, qualia guests have full access to the Long Pavilion pool and the Pebble Beach pool (as well as a private plunge pool if they are in a Windward Pavilion). But don't forget that qualia guests also have access to all of the other pools on Hamilton Island. So if you feel like a bit of a change of pace, you can always just drive your golf buggy out of qualia and go exploring.

You already have my email address, so please email me directly next time you want to come and stay at qualia and I will assist where I can.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently had the opportunity to stay at Qualia for our honeymoon and wow wow wow is the only thing we can say. The location, the luxury, the service and the food were all just amazing.

Quite simply the best place on the planet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Tanya101112,

It was such a pleasure to have you and your better half stay with us for your honeymoon and I hope that we'll be seeing you for many years to come.

Thank you for naming us the "best place on the planet". While I doubt that we could use this title in our marketing, it means the world to my team and I!

We all hope to see you both soon.

Incline Village, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Well for some reason they didn't know we were coming - after planning this for months - however, the manager made everything perfect once we arrived at the Long Pavilion. We knew we were somewhere special when we drove up to the sparkling stainless steel and wood entrance. Magnificent. Modern balmy at its best. The room was outstanding - the bathtub, shower and overall design magnificent. Dinner at the long pavilion very quiet romantic with the moon over the water. Oh my. We ordered room service one night to watch the australian open as there is no tv in the bar and the chef accommodated our special request and indulgence. Just don't ask for it twice. The cabana and pool area are perfect, tasteful, and truly relaxing and private. Wish I was going this year!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear d k,

Thank you for writing a review of your experience of qualia and sharing with the Tripadvisor community.

If I remember correctly, your travel agent had accidently booked you in on the wrong date and we were expecting you a day later than you arrived. Sometimes international travel agents forget to factor in the time/date difference. I’m glad that we were able to sort everything out quickly and that it didn’t become a problem. I know I’d be very upset if I’d flown all that way and I wasn’t able to check in to my room so it’s great that we were able to come up with a solution quickly and this initial hiccup didn’t affect your enjoyment of the qualia experience.

It’s wonderful to see how impressed you were with your pavilion. I’ve passed on your feedback to the kitchen staff and they wanted me to thank you for your compliments when I responded on Tripadvisor.

When you are starting to plan another romantic getaway, please contact me on mshah@qualia.com.au and I will assist you in any way that I can.

Orange, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I often review places we travel on Trip Advisor but I have never felt compelled to write a review until now.

My husband and I have just spent 5 amazing nights as qualia. The moment we walked into the Long Pavilion, champagne in hand, we were blown away by the setting. After a seamless check in process from airport to room we were taken to our Windward Pavilion. The room (more like a small house) was the ultimate in luxury. I just could not stop smiling. We had views of the ocean from everyroom, and waking up in the natural sunny breezy light was something we just loved. It was definately worth paying extra having the private plunge pool, it was very private and the whole place made us feel like we were the only ones staying at the resort. Us and the kookaburra that joined us on our deck most days.

We dined at Pebble Beach and at Long Pavilion, every meal we had was fantastic. The breakfast was definately a highlight. Outside of qualia, a must is also Bromme Restaurant at the Yacht Club. Both dinner and tapas for lunch are lovely. We thought we nearly missed out for dinner as the girl explained they were booked out a few nights in a row, until she saw our qualia room key
and said "oh i didnt realise, pick your night and your time!" Qualia reserves tables for their guests just in case they want to dine. Nice touch! Coca Chu is also great.

The Spa was also wonderful. We had a couples treatment and after my mud wrap and my husbands body scrub we had an outdoor twin shower together. It was so blissful we booked a second time. Be prepared it is a little bit pricey but the products, service and experience is total luxury.

Qualia also organised a helicopter ride to Whitehaven beach for us, set up picnic and umbrella. Totally romantic and very VIP!

If your feeling energetic get a personal training session at the very new and air-conditioned gym. So you dont feel guilty about lying around all day. Something about looking out at the ocean makes exercise easier!

The attention to detail (my husband was impressed even the golf buggy tyres had been tyre shined), the staff are absolutely amazing from guest services, wait staff, housekeeping and grounds keepers. Its so refreshing to have such wonderful service in Australia.

A very beautiful place, to de-stress, unwind and reconnect. World Class, without the long haul flight.

I cried real tears when we checked out, but I have sourced some Aesop products and some honeyed yoghurt to hang on to the experience a little longer at home :)

Dear Maree C,

I’m honoured that your stay at qualia has inspired you to write your fist review on Tripadvisor. We really value the reviews of previous guests who are using their own time to review us, and for many of the awards we have recently won it is voting form previous guests that has helped us gain recognition.

I’m delighted to hear that everything in your Windward Pavilion exceeded your expectations and I’m glad that you got on well with your native neighbours. Kookaburras are one of my favourite Australian birds and their laughing-call really adds to the atmosphere of qualia. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the food, spa treatments and the activities during your stay as well.

You’re not the first to shed a tear on leaving. There’s only one way to dry those tears – and that is to come back for another stay!

We’re working on further improving our offering to our guests in 2013 by focussing on guest wellbeing and health, so your next stay will be even better. From next week, we will be adding complimentary fitness classes to our daily activity schedule as well as complimentary health information sessions several times each week.

Please feel free to contact me on mshah@qualia.com.au and I will oversee your next booking.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had the great pleasure of staying for 4 nights in the Windward Room, my god the rooms where huge,our eyes just about dropped out of our heads.The service was impeccible and nothing was ever to much trouble. We had a private drop off at a secluded beach ,with Rex as our boat transfer and he was wonderful,he slowed the boat down so we might see a resident turtle, although said turtle didn't appear,and was very helpful telling us about the Islands.I had the Dreaming Treatment in the Spa on the Friday 24th Nov and Emily was a goddess,what lovely staff, so much so that on the Sunday my Husband & I went back again and where not dissappointed, we walked out so relaxed.The breakfast was also wonderful with big serves and delicious.
Overall this was one of the best holiday experiences of our lives and would one day hope to return to Qualia.

Room Tip: Every room I imagine would be wonderful.....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Al-Donna-Zane,

Thank you for your review of qualia.

My staff and I really appreciate you sharing your experience of qualia to give readers a sense of what a guest experiences during their stay with us. It gives us all a great sense of pride in our work when we hear from guests that have had perfect holidays, so thank you for your feedback.

I've heard all kinds of stories from guests about how special to them their stay at qualia has been and every story is slightly different. Some guests come to qualia for a relaxing break from a stressful worklife in the city, some guests are honeymooners that are taking their first real holiday together and some guests are simply treating themselves after years of work and looking after children. The common factor is that nearly all leave in a much happier state than when they arrived.

I was especially pleased to read that your stay at qualia was one of the best holidays that you've had in your life. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again, so please don't hesitate to come back.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Have just spend three magical days at this world famous (deservedly) resort. the location is idyllic, accommodation luxurious, own large terrace , small private pool, well stocked refrigerator, and staff on hand at any time....We enjoyed a wonderful helicopter ride over the beautiful Whitsundays, lunched at other to class clubs/restaurants.. could have had another day or so.
Definitely a haven to return to.

Room Tip: They called our accommodation a Pavilion.... Views great and very sunny. Is that a corner Suite???
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear olympia018,

I really appreciate you taking the time to review qualia on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to see that you were happy with everything during your stay and I’m looking forward to having you stay with us again.
When you are considering another visit to qualia, please send me an email at mshah@qualia.com.au and I will assist in any way that I can.

qualia

Been to Qualia Resort? Share your experiences!